Father boxes with, kills 3 year old son ... worried son was gay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
Jul 13, 2005

Dad Boxed With 3-Year-Old, Mom Says In Murder Trial
By BEN MONTGOMERY

TAMPA - Even though the boy would shake and wet himself, his father, Ronnie Paris Jr., would box with the 3-year-old, slapping him in the head until he cried because he didn't want his son to grow up to be ``a sissy,'' the boy's mother testified Monday.
Others corroborated Nysheerah Paris' testimony as the prosecution built its case during the first day of the capital murder trial of Ronnie Paris Jr., 21, accused of abusing 3-year- old Ronnie Paris until the boy slipped into a coma Jan. 22.

He died six days later with swelling on both sides of his brain.

``He was trying to teach him how to fight,'' said Shanita Powell, Nysheerah Paris' sister. ``He was concerned that the child might be gay.''

Even Sheldon Bostic, who was Ronnie Paris Jr.'s Bible- study friend, said he warned the father several times not to play so rough with his son.

``He really did what other fathers do - slap box,'' Bostic said. ``He always said he didn't want his son growing up to be pushed around.''

``Did Ronnie use a term for that?'' asked Jalal Harb, an assistant state attorney.

``He didn't want him to be a sissy,'' Bostic said.

The prosecution's witnesses portrayed Ronnie Paris Jr. as a man who wanted more of his wife's attention, who complained about not having enough sex since the child was around and who openly questioned whether the boy was his.

Witnesses also testified he lost his temper when the child was ill. The boy was sick often while in his parents' care.

In 2002, the Florida Department of Children & Families placed little Ronnie in protective custody after he had been admitted to the hospital several times for vomiting.

He was returned to his parents Dec. 14, five days after his third birthday. He had been with them six weeks when he died.

The defense tried to shift the blame to Nysheerah Paris, who testified she was so scared someone would take her baby away that she never called police or her caseworker to report what she perceived to be abuse by Ronnie Paris Jr.

It wasn't until Feb. 1, four days after little Ronnie was taken off life support, that Nysheerah Paris told police of the alleged abuse. She is charged with felony child neglect and faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.

She testified that she witnessed Ronnie Paris Jr. being rough with the child several times, including once when he ``slammed'' the baby against a wall because the child was vomiting.

But she said she didn't take the baby to the hospital immediately after the incidents.

``I just didn't want my baby to get tooken away from me,'' she said. ``I thought he was going to make it.''

Kenn Littman, an assistant public defender, asked Nysheerah Paris why she never reported the alleged abuse.

``You thought that the cops were gonna put this on you if you didn't say anything?'' Littman asked.

``Yes,'' she said.

This story can be found at: http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBV5C523BE.html

:coocoo:

That's disgusting.

Boxed? Like threw down in fisticuffs?

Irvine511 said:
``I just didn't want my baby to get tooken away from me,'' she said. ``I thought he was going to make it.''

Kenn Littman, an assistant public defender, asked Nysheerah Paris why she never reported the alleged abuse.

``You thought that the cops were gonna put this on you if you didn't say anything?'' Littman asked.

``Yes,'' she said.

:banghead:

horrific and utterly senseless.

if he was so worried about his son being pushed around, perhaps he shouldn't have beaten him to death.

there are so many things in that article that enrage me, i don't even know where to begin.

This is horrific on so many levels...the obvious lack of parenting skills, the homophobia, the willingness of a mother to sacrifice her baby to save her own ass. What the HELL is wrong with people? :sad:

I wouldn't quite blame this one on homophobia. That man is terribly disturbed. I'll bet if it wasn't him thinking his boy was gay, something else would've set him off with the same results...

Bono's American Wife said:
This is horrific on so many levels...the obvious lack of parenting skills, the homophobia, the willingness of a mother to sacrifice her baby to save her own ass. What the HELL is wrong with people? :sad:
I agree with you about the mother. Not to place the blame on her, but she had a responsibility to protect her child. I could never stand by and allow someone to harm any innocent human or animal.

Hope they lock this son of a bitch up and throw away the key - but not before informing all the other prisoners exactly what this asshole did.

:rant: :rant: :rant:
If you are incapable of putting another human being's feelings, needs, wants, and best interest ahead of yours :yell: FOR YEARS ON END :yell: you have two and ONLY two choices:
1)Keep your fuckin' pants on - no sex, no procreation.
2)Use fuckin' birth control - damn, it's FREE at your local clinic! - and be prepared for the fact that it may fail.

That's it... those should be your options if you're too selfish a fucker to think of anyone else but yourself. Period. Unfortunately for the children born into these Hellish "families", the very people who need to understand and exercise these options don't.

I don't wish for the death of any child, but at least this poor angel's suffering is over now. There are thousands this very minute living in pain & terror that won't see an end to it until they run away, are taken away, or worse - met the same fate as this little boy. :sad:

I had a miscarriage 7 years ago now & Mr. Blu and I have never been able to concieve again. The only time I ever get angry over that any more is when I read/hear stories like this. People who understand & welcome the trials & tribulations of parenthood so often are denied that experience while human trash like these two ass monkeys can churn out 3,4,5 kids to neglect and abuse. The only thing that brings me any peace is that I truly believe all things - good/bad/indifferent - happen for a reason. I have to believe that or I'd go fuckin' postal. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It shows that heterosexuals can be bad parents, that's for sure. This in a state that has deemed homosexuals to be dangerous to children, by default.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom