Fashion in the CSGW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say a good album, but I'd save that for when I hear it :wink:

I'm worried I'll go over my download limit with my broadband provider, even though it's meant to be unlimited they capped me once before :lol: Stupid downloading every season of Grey's Anatomy for my mother :lol:

:lol: Fair enough. :wink:

:cute: How many seasons are there now? :lol: I don't know what I'm going to do when I can't exploit the university's internet...it will be a sad day. :lol:

P.S. You should get Kick Out the Jams by MC5 too. Excellent album. :up:

I hope you realize you've opened Pandora's Box by asking for recommendations, John. :lol:

:lol: Fair enough. :wink:

:cute: How many seasons are there now? :lol: I don't know what I'm going to do when I can't exploit the university's internet...it will be a sad day. :lol:

The album has to top his performance of Wonderwall at Glastonbury, nothing else is allowed :wink:

4...5 or something I don't watched it :lol: Yeah I'm so glad I convinced my parents to upgrade our internet...not because I want 1000 KB/s downloads or anything like that though :shifty:

The album has to top his performance of Wonderwall at Glastonbury, nothing else is allowed :wink:

4...5 or something I don't watched it :lol: Yeah I'm so glad I convinced my parents to upgrade our internet...not because I want 1000 KB/s downloads or anything like that though :shifty:

:lol: I don't know if it will live up to that, but it is most definitely classic Jay-Z. :up:

Yeah, I stopped watching after the 2nd, I think. :hmm: :lol: No, of course not. :wink:

Did we scare Dani away with all of the nerdy torrent talk? :lol:

:lol: I don't know if it will live up to that, but it is most definitely classic Jay-Z. :up:

Yeah, I stopped watching after the 2nd, I think. :hmm: :lol: No, of course not. :wink:

Did we scare Dani away with all of the nerdy torrent talk? :lol:

Disappointing Cassie, F Us to Noel Gallagher are the only thing I enjoy these days :wink:

Yup I just thought having the internet go five times faster would be useful...for college and stuff :wink:

She's connecting the RIAA as we speak :yes:

"Some Definitions
LF = E + U
P = LF + NLF"

Could these lecture notes be any more useless? :lol:

Disappointing Cassie, F Us to Noel Gallagher are the only thing I enjoy these days :wink:

Yup I just thought having the internet go five times faster would be useful...for college and stuff :wink:

She's connecting the RIAA as we speak :yes:

"Some Definitions
LF = E + U
P = LF + NLF"

Could these lecture notes be any more useless? :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, for college and stuff. :shifty: :lol:

Meh, at least they stopped suing people now, so I'm not worried. :wink:

What in the world is that for? :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, for college and stuff. :shifty: :lol:

Meh, at least they stopped suing people now, so I'm not worried. :wink:

What in the world is that for? :lol:

Yup if anything they'll sue the website :wink: The record labels actually successfully sued a broadband provider here...just not my one :dance:

Labour Economics, but comeon cassie it's obvious LF = E + U, everyone should know that...:banghead:

:sad: I would cry if what.cd got taken down. Seriously. :lol: They were able to sue the provider? That seems backwards...how can it be their responsibility for what their customers do?

:lol: Oh, well of course. How could I forget that?

:sad: I would cry if what.cd got taken down. Seriously. :lol: They were able to sue the provider? That seems backwards...how can it be their responsibility for what their customers do?

:lol: Oh, well of course. How could I forget that?

I think the idea was that in theory they enabled people, it was stupid but they did it

You couldn't ever, it's that important :wink:

I now have 4 of the FLACs downloaded, one of them doesn't look like it's gonna ever finish though :lol:

I think the idea was that in theory they enabled people, it was stupid but they did it

You couldn't ever, it's that important :wink:

I now have 4 of the FLACs downloaded, one of them doesn't look like it's gonna ever finish though :lol:

That's like suing gun companies because selling guns enables people to kill each other. :tsk: Doesn't make sense.

:hi5: Yeah, the MC5 one is being stupid right now for me, but the others are getting there. :lol:

That's like suing gun companies because selling guns enables people to kill each other. :tsk: Doesn't make sense.

:hi5: Yeah, the MC5 one is being stupid right now for me, but the others are getting there. :lol:

Yeah they actually managed to get a new settlement, I think as opposed to what was agreed before now if a record company thinks you're file sharing they can report it to the provider and you can be warned. So basically it's again useless :lol:

I'm not even getting a KB/s on british sea power :lol:

Not surprising. The RIAA needs to learn to work with technology not fight it. :sigh:

:lol: Yeah, apparently the MC5 one was a duplicate, so it got deleted. :down: And now my torrenting program is freaking out because it can't handle it. :lol:

Do you guys know if your ISP providers block/throttle BitTorrent traffic?

Technically, yes, but I found an open port on the university's wireless. :shifty: And, on private trackers like what.cd, even having it throttled doesn't matter because download speeds are much faster.

I'm really surprised no record company has set up a pay for torrent site similar to what.cd, I mean I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee if I knew artists got about half of the money

I don't know how I'm gonna handle the uploads, I'm half-capped during the day so I can't up my upload limit for a few hours

I'm really surprised no record company has set up a pay for torrent site similar to what.cd, I mean I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee if I knew artists got about half of the money

I don't know how I'm gonna handle the uploads, I'm half-capped during the day so I can't up my upload limit for a few hours

Same here. I can't justify giving the record companies 80% or more of the price of a CD, it's just not fair to artists.

Yep, I just capped my download and upload...to 800kb/s down and 500kb/s up. :lol: I was upping close to 2MB/s and downloading close to the same, and I'm assuming they won't like that much. :lol:

It was just a random question, I read an article recently about how Canadian ISP providers (of which there are like...3 :lol:) are some of the worst when it comes to blocking BitTorrent traffic.

It was just a random question, I read an article recently about how Canadian ISP providers (of which there are like...3 :lol:) are some of the worst when it comes to blocking BitTorrent traffic.

Which is interesting considering it's legal up there...that's actually where what.cd's servers are, I believe. :lol:

Same here. I can't justify giving the record companies 80% or more of the price of a CD, it's just not fair to artists.

Yep, I just capped my download and upload...to 800kb/s down and 500kb/s up. :lol: I was upping close to 2MB/s and downloading close to the same, and I'm assuming they won't like that much. :lol:

It should be a three way split between artists/songwriters, record company, and sellers/distributors/manufacturers. Well for online anyway, maybe for cds it could be 30/30/40. But still artists and record companies should at least be equals

Your college would probably get rid of you if they found out :lol: what's your home network like Cassie? Does it compare to college at all?

It should be a three way split between artists/songwriters, record company, and sellers/distributors/manufacturers. Well for online anyway, maybe for cds it could be 30/30/40. But still artists and record companies should at least be equals

Your college would probably get rid of you if they found out :lol: what's your home network like Cassie? Does it compare to college at all?

:yes:

:lol: Nah, they just make you write a letter apologizing and take away your internet for a week or two for the first offense. Plus, I won't be living in the dorms for much longer anyway, so they can come get me if they want. :lol: My home network's alright, but no, nothing compared to my college's network. I think I usually top out around 400kb/s at home for downloads and under 100kb/s for uploads.

:yes:

:lol: Nah, they just make you write a letter apologizing and take away your internet for a week or two for the first offense. Plus, I won't be living in the dorms for much longer anyway, so they can come get me if they want. :lol: My home network's alright, but no, nothing compared to my college's network. I think I usually top out around 400kb/s at home for downloads and under 100kb/s for uploads.

My home network is usually a top out of between 800-1000 download depending on the time of day, and 80-150 upload again depending on time of day

Ugghhh, the law library's wireless is down. :madwife: Although, that's better than what I thought, which was that the university had finally caught on to me and shut off my internet access. :uhoh:

Oh my god, i would of freaked out if that happened to me :lol:

Mogwai, Panda, no Panda (just because I like the name) and Beastie Boys all now have albums I'm downloading :shifty:

Oh my god, i would of freaked out if that happened to me :lol:

Mogwai, Panda, no Panda (just because I like the name) and Beastie Boys all now have albums I'm downloading :shifty:

:lol: Yeah, I was freaking out a bit at the library, then came back to my room to check if it happened there too, and luckily, it didn't. *whew*

Which Mogwai and Beastie Boys albums? :hyper: The site's down for me at the moment. :sad:

:lol: Yeah, I was freaking out a bit at the library, then came back to my room to check if it happened there too, and luckily, it didn't. *whew*

Which Mogwai and Beastie Boys albums? :hyper: The site's down for me at the moment. :sad:

I'm glad they didn't catch you

Happy Songs for Happy People and Hello Nasty, down for me too

Yeah, me too. It would not be a good time for me to lose internet privileges with finals coming up and all. :lol:

Happy Songs for Happy People is awesome, haven't heard Hello Nasty though. :hmm: Are you able to get onto the site right now? It keeps telling me the server's unavailable. :sigh:

Yeah, me too. It would not be a good time for me to lose internet privileges with finals coming up and all. :lol:

Happy Songs for Happy People is awesome, haven't heard Hello Nasty though. :hmm: Are you able to get onto the site right now? It keeps telling me the server's unavailable. :sigh:

Yeah it would be pretty much a disaster :lol:

Nope, I was on the torrent page randomly refreshing to see new torrents to download but it's gone now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom