Fake that poster contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was thinking, in lite of the new news that has just come about with the Solar poster being a fake and all, I was wondering, why don't we just have a good laugh and have a contest to see who can make the best fake U2 poster for the new Album?

You have to create the poster and then give it a title and explain why, if its something other then the title of a proposes song for the upcoming ablum. So how about it?

I just finished one that I'm worked on called "Full Metal Jacket" I'll upload it soon.

The URL is http://www.angelfire.com/weird/weirdegan/FMJ.jpg

You have to copy and paste it into the browser it would be nice.
Picture of the band is by Chris Daily.

If someone could upload it for me so that everyone would be able to see it without copying and pasting it would be nice.

FMJ.txt

Gee, does this show how easy it is to do this? Just as I said in the thread when the poster was being hyped by Interference. I really wonder who the source of that original poster "Solar" was. Very suspicious, especially how it was being defended by Interference Mods.

Blue Room said:
Gee, does this show how easy it is to do this? Just as I said in the thread when the poster was being hyped by Interference. I really wonder who the source of that original poster "Solar" was. Very suspicious, especially how it was being defended by Interference Mods.

The person who created the poster was a random person who emailed the site from Columbia. We do not know them, or have any ties to them. They aren't even a member of the forum. Unfortunately, they erroneously claimed to be from a record label and have an "official" poster - and out of excitement from wanting a new U2 record so badly, we chose to post the rumor they reported, and the (unfortunately fake fake fake) poster they supplied us with.

Believe me, it's completely frustrating when someone decides to be so sillie. And yes, it was a shame it took up anyone's time, and mislead many people. The defense of the poster was in lieu of so many unknowns. That's all. Alot of people defended the poster at the time - I think just out of wanting so badly details on the new U2 album.

If we need to drag me over the coals for posting a rumor, that's fine too. I maintain I always said "Rumor" for everything, and that's the truth.

Now, if we can all move on and have a laugh at the sillieness of that blasted poster, and the posters our members have created in light of it all, that would be great. :)

Who cares if it was fake? It was still kinda cool looking, and it just gets you hyped up even more. Its like a kid at Christmas time who peaked at his present and thought he was getting one thing, but it turned out that was his brothers, so now he has no clue at all what he's getting and its even more exciting.

I dont mean to be negative about the whole thing. Just seemed very odd to me. I guess the main reason is because I remember in early 2001 when Elvis was posting as Bono and Edge and when someone would ask him if it was U2, he would say he did not know who the mysterious posters were and it was HIM doing the posting. That was very misleading, so anytime anything like this is put her I'am just more skeptical as a result. If the prior experience had not occured I would not be so suspicious. That coupled with what seemed to be dismissal of those that said it was fake and trying to convince us that it appeared real made me feel this way.

Sorry, but both experiences unfortunately left me a little jaded about certain things around here. I think both have damaged alot of credibility around here. But maybe its just me. I will take your advice and move on. But if something like this happens again dont jump all over people for being skeptical and close threads just because they are questioning things.

Back to topic, some of the ideas are pretty good. I think some of these would have been more believable that the Solar fake! LOL

Last edited:
Blue Room,

I respect your thoughts, and agree with them more than you know. I am truly sorry if you feel credibility has been affected - but as the person around here to spends hours bringing you news and the best stories our team can write - I am a very honest and well-meaning person.

Eh... here's my shot at it...

Chose the name "Everything You Know Is Wrong" because Bono has been telling everybody how this album is like no other U2 youve ever heard... so, I figured the ZooTV phrase fit the occasion.

however I can't post my album cover because I don't have 15 posts yet :-\ I guess we'll have to wait awhile to see what I came up with... heh

Heh, I didnt even notice that was the name of the forum... doh! Guess i get negative creativity points

hmm...apparently i guess you do have to wait until you've had 15 posts to post a url. i didn't know this. if you'd like, you can post it anyway (it should just show up as text so people can copy and paste it) or i can post the link for you since i have well over 15 posts. my e-mail address is in my sig. :)

Help??/

I have about five fake posters I did yesterday, how dod I post them?

(sorry, I'm a bit of a techno idiot)

Back
Top Bottom