Extra track on Linear is: Winter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did I miss something? Why all the hate on Coldplay? I don't think they are the 2nd coming of the Beatles, but are they THAT bad?

I think some are just tired of the constant mix-ups between Coldplay and U2. I'm constantly being asked if a Coldplay song is sung by U2, especially Viva la Vida, and they sound nothing alike to me. :huh:

Did I miss something? Why all the hate on Coldplay? I don't think they are the 2nd coming of the Beatles, but are they THAT bad?

No they aren't that bad at all to be honest.

I think its just this incessant need for opposing fans to whip out there big band dicks and see which one is bigger.

Its stupid really. I think its based more on insecurities and ignorance more than anything else.

I think its just this incessant need for opposing fans to whip out there big band dicks and see which one is bigger.

Its stupid really. I think its based more on insecurities and ignorance more than anything else.

Or maybe it's the fact that one band based their career on "borrowing" off another's sound (and later "borrowed" their producer) and their lead singer won't shut up about it.

I thought Winter was more like Simon and Garfunkel.

:up: Nice move though - why put it on the bonus of the album when extra versions of Boots and title track can be found there ?

Whoa, I thought White As Snow was Winter, it's quite easy to believe so.

Anyway, this reminds me a bit of ATYCLB where The Ground Beneath Her Feet was a bonus track which was featured in a movie. The only thing left to see is if it's a good song, then this will be a good parable. :up:

White as Snow does not equal Winter and it never has. Everyone's been playing too much Interference Telephone.

chris martin's voice and bono's voice are not the same. cant see how people can confuse them that easily. many bands have borrowed the u2 sound. coldplay aren't the only ones. still dont understand the hate.

White as Snow does not equal Winter and it never has. Everyone's been playing too much Interference Telephone.

but it snows in winter. they've gotta be the same!!!111

by the way, have you ever stared at the sun in miami?

Nope, does not have to be. Yes, I did stare at the sun in Miami. Another theory (as good and bad as others): "White As Snow" is also the colour, when a wave breaks – 'Every Breaking Wave'. And we even know about "icy water" lyrics in "White As Snow" ... Wow, it is great to dream around like this, too.:reject:

Remember when Radiohead sounded like Coldplay? That was scary, too:
YouTube - Radiohead - 4 Minute Warning - Copenhagen Haven't heard how the final version turned out.... Saving it.
This sounds nothing like Coldplay. Just becuse there's some piano in it, right?

4 Minute Warning turned out to be a masterpiece. It opens with an Eno-like ambient soundscape. There's actually not as much noticeable piano on the studio cut. Song should have ended In Rainbows instead of Videotape, which turned out rather mild on the studio album.

Haha! And didn't you know that the moment of surrender is the moment during which mercy is bestowed?

chris martin's voice and bono's voice are not the same.

Since Bono and CM have sung on a duet before, I can definitly confirm that. :up:

I like Coldplay, but I prefer Bono's to Chris' voice. It's just more interesting, more versatile, more emotional.

Chris Martin invented the piano, guys.

Not to mention music in general. Because of this, everything does, in fact, sound like Coldplay.

I'm not sure its been said here yet, but we know White as Snow is listed at 4:41 and the Q article describes Winter as being around 6:00. That would be quite an edit if it were the same song. More U2, the better. :drool:

People have been calling any song with piano in it a Coldplay song for the last five years :shrug:

What's funny is that when people hear Coldplay, they often think it's a U2 (or Radiohead) song!

So if U2 is sounding like U2, and Coldplay likes to emulate that sound, is it fair to then say that U2 now sounds like Coldplay? :scratch:

My head hurts.

Post JT b-sides: Holy Joe and Are you gonna wait forever are among my favourite songs... so to me Winter can be like that and I'm damn happy :drool:

:up::up: Love both those songs!

Listened to Holy Joe 3 times in a row last night.

I-Tunes confuses me: I am being led to believe that my pre order of the Deluxe edition from their store gets me Linear and bonus tracks. However, common sense is telling me it would be alot more than a couple extra bucks for that!

Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

:up: Very well said.

I'm tired of the comparisons and the arguments. U2 and Coldplay are my 2 favorite bands and I don't see the need to argue whose better than the other. Both bands are very talented and create amazing music.

Back
Top Bottom