even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iPod Classic is dead.

Massive amounts of hardware storage on PC devices as well as mobile devices is going to become less and less common. In five years I can see us streaming our iTunes library from wherever we are, most of the time.

That, and who the hell needs to carry around 100+ GB of music on a day-to-day basis? Not many people, for sure.

That said, you'll see 100+ GB Touches in the short-term. The prices of flash memory will come down and they'll be able to fit more storange space in the pencil-thin device. Saying the iPod Touch is a sham is a bit of a stretch; the innards of a cellphone are why the iPhone costs upwards of 600$ and a Touch 300$.

Well I managed to scrape up enough money for the iphone 4 (birthday money :drool: ) so I will probably bite the bullet within the next week or two. I'm just really concerned about transferring all my stuff over from the 3G. Apparently you cant transfer your texts and a few other things so I need to do a bunch of research before I do it.

also just an fyi, it resets all of your foursquare achievements.

:wink:

I bought it at the Apple Store today. I ended up recycling my original U2 iPod. It was broken and I still have the U2 Video iPod. :) It was funny because the guys at the store were freaking out over it.

Anyways, I flove it. The screen is beautiful. I inadvertently uploaded a digital copy of the U2 Frankfurt show. It was stunning. I love that it has a speaker (my 1st gen didn't). I've seen some videos that have been taken with them and they are quite good.

I will give it a try tomorrow. :heart:

i recycled the original U2 iPod too to get the U2 Video iPod that I have now. Which is acting up but hasn't lately. :( I am not sure if I will recycle it tho cuz am thinking it's a keeper.

talked to santa about the new iTouch, he had no comment either way so it may be a go.. :hmm: However, I could be waiting until xmas.. :|

Ok I hope this doesn't seem like an off topic thing here but does anyone else have any issues with clipping/distortion on their iPods? I had an old iPod Video 5th Gen. that didn't do this. After it quit working I bought a new iPod, iPod Classic 6th Gen, and I noticed that it distorts. This mainly happens with much more recently recorded songs. I tried the Sound Check but it doesn't do much. I think that the way people are mastering tracks now-a-days, at higher volumes, is the main reason.

Ok I hope this doesn't seem like an off topic thing here but does anyone else have any issues with clipping/distortion on their iPods? I had an old iPod Video 5th Gen. that didn't do this. After it quit working I bought a new iPod, iPod Classic 6th Gen, and I noticed that it distorts. This mainly happens with much more recently recorded songs. I tried the Sound Check but it doesn't do much. I think that the way people are mastering tracks now-a-days, at higher volumes, is the main reason.

I haven't noticed this. How do you have your songs imported? (quality/format?)

I haven't noticed this. How do you have your songs imported? (quality/format?)

With Low Complexity. I don't know anything about Low Complexity, Lossless audio, etc. And it's only No Line, U218 Singles and Atomic Bomb from U2 that distort. King's Of Leon's Only By The Night and Radiohead's In Rainbows do this too. I have noticed that when I import from a CD rather than buy it from iTunes that the distortion either goes away or lessens. I'm really mad that this iPod does this.

I got the iphone4 :hyper: I am broke now but I LOVE it. And it transferred all of my stuff over from my 3G perfectly. :heart:

My iPhone 3 is on the fritz so it looks like I'll have to pick up a new one (which I'm not even that interested in). They don't have them in stock anywhere so I'll probably sit and wait for a month or two and hope that my phone doesn't suicide in the meantime.

I got the iphone4 :hyper: I am broke now but I LOVE it. And it transferred all of my stuff over from my 3G perfectly. :heart:

Here a wallpaper for you:

cheframsayiphone.jpg

yeah, that makes me wanna ask here, has anyone ever had problems with charging their macbook? a while back, sometimes when i'd plug my laptop into the charger it'd just say not charging and never, you know, charge. i got mine fixed (apparently i had a bent pin on the port where the plug goes on my laptop) and now ian's taken his to the shop for the same reason.

so yeah, is this a common problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom