English Tea time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemon-aide

Babyface
I'm working on a script and I need to know what british tea times are...how common are they...stuff like that.
Maybe even in the old traditional sense.
Can anyone help me out?

There are tons of pages around on Victorian teas, but I don't think many people really do formal afternoon tea anymore (unless they do and just don't invite me...:scratch: ), except in tea rooms and to make tourists happy. I think hotels and places like that do tea generally serve it in the late afternoon (like 3-5pm), but I've never stayed in a hotel here, so I'm not positive about that. My fiance's family calls dinner "tea," even though none of them even drink tea at any time of day.

meegannie said:
There are tons of pages around on Victorian teas, but I don't think many people really do formal afternoon tea anymore (unless they do and just don't invite me...:scratch: ), except in tea rooms and to make tourists happy. I think hotels and places like that do tea generally serve it in the late afternoon (like 3-5pm), but I've never stayed in a hotel here, so I'm not positive about that. My fiance's family calls dinner "tea," even though none of them even drink tea at any time of day.

Thanks a bunch. Those sites help out a lot. I hope you get invited to more tea parties...in hotels or otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom