Elevation - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FungusAmongus

War Child
-----

The meeting room is full of her fellow magaziners, Maggie sitting in the back of the room as usual, with pen and paper in hand, grazing on a coffee cake when she noticed Bono and Chrissy walk in. For some reason, no one really seemed to notice, lost in their own worlds and business.

Bono excuses himself to go use the bathroom (again).. "I'll be back in a couple minutes, hun. Nature calls...", half-skipping out the door like a Leprechaun on catnip.
hmm.. thanks for the details. he seemed a little nervous though. hmm, she recalled back remembering how she'd heard when he got very nervous.. especially before shows he'd get nauseas, even throw up, or other such bathroom calls.
she chuckled to herself.

mags walks up behind her, "so, any news?"
"nope... he refuses to tell me and proceeds in torturing me.."
mags laughs. "i'm telling you. he likes you!"
chrissy shakes her head.
jim walks in, "i ran into him again in the bathroom!"
damn he was annoying.
"and why were you in there again? stalking the poor man?", chrissy joked.
jim was known to follow people into the bathrooms, for some strange reason.. and interrogate them about their bathroom habits and demand post-poop/piss proper handwashing. they didn't call him Bathroom Security Man for nothing.
she could only imagine he and bono carrying a conversation. yikes. lol.

jim just looked at her... "that isn't funny..", with a serious look on his face... walking away.

"you know, i found out today that jim's the prank caller...", mags laughed.
"are you fucking serious??"
"yep... it all adds up. bathrooms, the prep. H themed calls.."
"well i be damned.."
bono pops back in. looking a little more disheveled for some reason, taking a seat next to chrissy. looking around in his pocket again, for a cigarette.
he starts to light one up right there in the meeting room, forgetting. before chrissy says anything...
a lady speaks up, "excuse me sir.. what the hell are you doing?"
"I'm smoking a cigarette..", he says nonchalantly.
"you can't smoke in here.." seeming perhaps oblivious to who he was, or just didnt care. she was always cranky anyway.

"this place is too weird for my own good..", mags laughs.

"i haven't had a smoke since ... an hour ago!", bono defends to the mean lady, as she's turning red in the face, pissed off. he was intending on ticking her off on purpose now.
"bono, you might wanna um..", chrissy hints, not wanting him to get in trouble.
"okay.. okay...i'll put it out..", looking for an ashtray... not sure where to put it out at.
chrissy can't help but try and keep from laughing.
god, this was funny.

so he settles on putting it out, rubbing it onto the bottom of his shoe.

"you... are something else..", chrissy laughs.
he grins, "now would that be a 'sexy' something else, by any chance?"
god, what the hell is he doing?! LOL
damn little attention-seeking irish maniac...
"You're insane..", she laughs.
He seems to like this response, and gives her a wink, that sends her shivers.

Mike, the main editor comes in... "I see our special guest is here!! I'm sure most of you all know who he is.." (laughter in the room as Bono bows for the 'audience', heh). "Bono from the biggest rock band in the world.. U2 of course.."
everyone starts clapping. Bono gets up and moves to the front of the room... grinning ear to ear. "It's a delight to be here!", shooting a smile in Chrissy's direction. "Very nice to meet all of you.. its an honor.."
everyone's still clapping.

Jim stands there pouting, and the mean lady scowling... back and forth at Bono and then at Chrissy. LOL.
Mike leaves the floor to Bono.. who goes right into rambling.
Talks some about the upcoming tour... some edge jokes, to which everyone thought were hysterical, the band's past, etc...
But his real reason for being there that day, he wasn't sure he should go about it the same way as he originally planned. It was supposed to be a suprise, but now things have taken a new turn.

What ever is this all about????!!

So, he continues going around in circles... to which everyone is still highly entertained.. nodding.. shaking their heads... going along with it, heh.
Still not really making his point though. 15 minutes go by.. heh.

"Anyways, I've been a longtime reader of your magazine. It is simply the best. Knocks Rolling Stone, Pulse, and all of that shit (Bleep) right out of the way." everyone laughing.

Damnit, how was he gonna get out what he wanted to say without it going totally wrong. Damnit.

"I also want to personally thank Chrissy Kramer... who's followed our band for a long time, and has written some of the most beautiful pieces on our music..." (everyone applauds, Chrissy... a little shy, blushes at the attention from the back of the room)

"You absolutely have an immense talent, and I am VERY honored to finally get to meet you...", his eyes literally piercing into hers from the distance... a smile that gave his true thoughts away for everyone in the room.

"I guess you could say I'm a big Chrissy fan...", he grins... cheers erupt again. Mags looking at Chrissy... eyes saying "I told you so!!!"
Chrissy didn't know what to say or do. She was so flattered and ahh.. too many thoughts going through her head at once. She just continued to watch and listen to every word...

This was truly a dream come true, Chrissy kept thinking. What the hell did she ever do to deserve this? she thought. me?? why me??

"Well, I just wanted to say thankyou in person...", he said, looking down kind of shyly at his shoe... and looking back towards chrissy... who was smiling so hard she thought she'd cry. mouthing "thank YOU" :)
the look on his face, so sweet, honest, and genuine... she was won over...

"Oh and the pic of me that you guys used for the magazine cover last month...
i must say... i'm one sexy son of a bitch!" the crowd bursts out laughing.
"or.. well, the air-brushing of it, or something.."

he thanks everyone and then pretty much ends his speech there... shaking hands and signing stuff.

chrissy was shaking inside. bono kept looking over at her the whole time...
mags was talking a million miles a minute to her, but she didnt really hear a word she was saying. her mind was somewhere else.

"hey, stop trancin' out on me", mags laughs.
"oh, sorry...", snapping out of her little zone.
"i am so happy for you, chrissy. i can only imagine..."
"Aww, thankyou. you guys gimme too much credit. LOL"
"no, you deserve it..."

bono walks back over to chrissy. "well, i'll leave you guys alone... i must go fetch some papers for Mike. i'll see you around later!"
"Bye Mags".. Mags winks at Chrissy on her way out.

Bono's just standing there with that darn grin. Just grinning.
"That was really sweet of you, what you said up there. But I should be the one thanking you...", she was having trouble saying or thinking anything coherant.
"I meant what I said..", looking into her eyes with a passionate, and yet kind, gentle stare. Oh god, why was he doing this to her. what was he trying to do.
She knew he meant it. There was much more to this than she was aware of, but whatever it was.. she knew it was good.
This lovely torture...

Damnit, stop giving me that look!!!

"Come on, lets get out of here..", damn him and his ideas.. lol.
"Where?"
He just grinned, took her arm in his and said, "Who knows.. somewhere...anywhere.."
The grin reading a mischevious gleam. Oh no, what was she in for now...
Her grin matching his.. her mind not fighting her anymore... they head out the door together.. "Hey Mags, I'm out for the rest of the day. I'll call ya later.."
Mags sends her a wink. "Will do, master!!"
Bono bows to Mags, throwing her a kiss. LOL!

Man, he had a power over the ladies, she thought.

------

They head down the street, walking towards Central Park.
The entire time on their way there, he felt the urge to kiss her, and so did she... an overbearing need that both had, but resisted, not wanting to kill the moment, and afraid of the intensity and quickness of it all still.

Ha ha.. wasn't hard for you to snog her face off the first 10 seconds you knew her, eh?! his conscience was nagging at him.

god, she wanted him. hell, she'd been wanting him for years.. but here he was, in the flesh. this was all new, and weird.. and it was turning into something she'd not expected. but they were getting to know eachother and something very deep and special happened later today. she wasn't sure where this was going.. but it felt right. he felt the same way.

"I love this place... So beautiful and peaceful. I come here all the time when I'm in town." he smiled, looking off into the distance... the sky a bright blue and birds all around.
"I do, too. All of the time. Weird that we've never run into eachother before...", Chrissy thought out loud.
She saw a knowing smile stretch across his face again... he seemed to always have a grin. Hmm.. lol.
"You know, I think I had run into you before, sort of... ", he started ..
"Not here though.."

This was getting really weird now...

"What do you mean? Where? I would have remembered if I ran into you!", she laughs, trying to walk around a glob of bird poop as they walked through the park trail.

"I saw you at our last show here. You were standing a few people away from the stage... ", he smiles, recalling the moment again.
"I tried reaching for you, but you got lost in the crowd of bloody maniacs trying to jump me", he laughed.
her heart skipped a beat at hearing this. she still couldn't get that memory out of her mind ever since. it was so weird. like he magnetically found her, but then lost eachother in a matter of seconds.
he remembered it all as she did. he knew who she was then? or was it random? he remembered it...
she could still remember the look in his eyes that night. they were saying something to her, something important, but she couldn't figure it out. it was the strangest thing. it had been nagging at her ever since.

he glanced over to see her expression. she didn't have to explain. he knew.
"I remember it very well...", in deep reflection, smiling. remember how sad she felt losing that chance, but, here they were now. he found her again.

"I was gonna bring you up to dance with me, actually...", he grinned.
"Oh really?" she laughed.
"I sure was.", still grinning.
"Would you have kicked my ass off the stage once you found out I was a shitty dancer?" she laughed.
"Haha!! Never. And I doubt you're a bad dancer. I saw you rockin' out...", he laughed, imitating her crazy little dance move he'd seen her make at the show, which he remembered very well.
She was cracking up at that one. "Well, if you say so!"
"Did you know it was me?"
"Yup... I'd seen your picture before, and knew you'd be at the show, from your article the week before..."
Damnit, now she's going to think I'm stalking her. I'm gonna fuck this all up. He thought to himself, about to smack himself for opening his big Irish mouth.
She was smiling... a little quiet... but he was trying to figure out what she was thinking now...
"That was one of the best nights of my entire life...", she reflected, as she felt a new burst of heat between them. A heat that was lethal.
There'd been so many things she would have loved to tell him right there and then, to thank him for everything. She felt safe and at ease with him, and was something she didn't want to end.
He was trying to keep the smile on his face from being so bloody obvious...
He was smitten with her. Totally.

A few silent moments of unspoken words.. as they kept walking...

Then.. he reached for her hand and took it in his.. taking her by suprise. She squeezed back... as they let their fingers intertwine warmly together. His soft skin touching hers ... so.. soft... and oh so warm. Her heart couldn't take it anymore. So full and ready to explode.

She glanced back up at him, again, grin across his face, looking around at the trees.

She smiled... he knew she was smiling at him. Making him grin even more.
One day his face is just gonna pop off, if he keeps doing that.. she thought to herself.

Realizing he had nothing to worry about anymore... he decided to come out and say it...

"My only reason in coming there today was to meet you. That was the only reason I setup that meeting. I'd been wanting to for a long time. It was going to be a suprise. But, we ran into eachother before that ever happened. Which, I'm surely not complaining about", he smiled.

Oh god. He must be joking.
No wait.. the MSG is fucking with her head.

"Why me? I just write articles, and silly art stuff... I'm nothing interesting.." degrading herself as usual.

He was shocked to hear her say that.

"That's so far from the truth. It's more than just.. articles.. or art stuff. You bare your heart and soul out into your work..." it had touched him in ways he hadn't ever felt before... and it made it very clear how he'd made her feel. there was a part of her soul that his music healed, and he felt the need to do reach out to her... as she was him.

he, well.. fell smitten with her from afar. was he obsessed? LOL... was he in love? fuck it.. he felt what he felt...
he hadn't yet figured out a way to tell her the other stuff. god, this was gonna sound nuts.
God, she was so beautiful. He made her laugh, smile...

She saw the sincerity in his eyes. So intense...

"and you... are .."
damnit, he wanted to kiss her...

"are amazing...", as he closed the distance between them, taking her mouth in his... kissing her with all his might... taking the breath right out of her.
she felt her body go weak, as he held her against him... so close.
they broke free for a second for air... faces so dangerously close to one another... moving back in for their kiss... as he cups her face in his hands and takes her all in, as she's doing the same with equal passion.
this was all so unreal, happening so fast, but neither one cared anymore...
it was their moment. the world around them at a standstill.
she'd never wanted anyone like this before and neither had he...

she runs her hands through his hair... pulling him closer in with a much deeper kiss, as they both find it impossible to go any further... body's almost melded into one, they were so close...
his warm skin against hers, soothing her body and soul... she felt a tear draw from her eyes. he feels it against his fingers on her cheeks...

how does he do this to me? why is he doing this to me?

a kiss that seemed to be an eternity of bliss...
they slowly break free of eachother.
"You okay?" he asks, looking so deeply into her soul.. it was almost unbearable. That look. My god, that look....
Chrissy nods as he wipes his away with his finger, kissing her cheek.
Her body trembling.

Was she okay? of course she was okay. she had never experienced anything like that feeling in her entire life...

"oh god, i'm sorry... i... erm.. uh. Fuck", bono stumbled over his words pissed off at himself. he thought he'd upset her for a moment..

"sorry about what??", chrissy asked with a weak voice, looking up into his eyes with worry. still barely able to get her body to produce any proper formation of words or tone.

"that.."

"what?"

"i didn't mean to jump all over you like that...." kicking himself mentally... where the hell was his respect... what the hell was wrong with him? he cursed himself.

she smiled at him warmly... watching him argue with himself inside his own head.

he looked back at her... wanting to kiss her again so badly... but he had to stop. he was gonna fuck this all up if he keeps doing this.
he was too fucking impulsive for his own good, but for fuck sake, he'd never felt this kind of a take-over of his entire being before... and didnt even know how to act anymore. he needed a swift ass-kicking by The Edge, thats what.. he thought.

she just kept looking up into his eyes with this grin...
saying nothing..

"i'm sorry. i didnt mean to rush things like that..." he finished... but before he could finish his thought... her lips were on his again... she initiating the kiss this time... so tenderly.. so sweetly...

"shh... don't be sorry..", she whispered back, holding his face in her hands... returning back to kissing him.
he didnt want her to think he was taking advantage of her... or god knows what else...
fighting himself from giving into his urge... she stops again... and looks back at him... grinning peacefully to meet his equal grin.... "i want you to kiss me. please...", as he dives right in, taking in her sweetness... feeling the caress of her soft hands against his face, so caringly and gently... soothing away any of his doubt that she didn't feel the same. it was more than a lustful kiss... there was something very warm and real about it... something that made his heart full and content... as he felt her arms around him. all of her emotion hugging him in. it almost made *him* want to cry.

---------------------

"Fucking bastard. He isn't picking up his cell again...", edge cursed to adam... who was just sitting there reading a nature magazine... feet propped up, drinking some herbal tea.

Edge just looks at him... evil glare.

"What?!?!?", adam snaps.

"I'm over here stressin' and you're relaxing around like it's some bloody spa..."

"Well, excuse me, Master.. Sir.. God.. King. I am enjoying a very interesting article here... its very insightful and I am learning a bit...", adam says in his posh irish voice... full of seriousness.

Edge grunts and picks up his phone again and tries dialing Bono. Still.. nothing.

"What is with this bastard?! I ask him to leave his phone on at all times.. and what does he do? Shuts it the hell off on me. That isn't right."

"Master... you.. have to.." adam starts as edge interrupts..

"Don't.. call me that." edge demands.. evil eyeing poor adam.

"Ok... Edge, if you will.."

"That's better. Smartass"

"I aim to please", adam smiles.. slyly.

"So, what were you going to say?"

"I was saying.. you have to realize that perhaps Bono does not have his phone off, but perhaps he is in an area in which his connection is bad and he is not receiving the messages?"

"I highly doubt that. He's trying to avoid me. Its like a fucking parent and their delinquent child... no matter what you do... nothing works"

"edge.. shut up.."

"me? oh thanks. he's gonna be late!! larry and paul want us to go over the shit for next week's tour and i want bono's ass there.."

"with that attitude, i'd be suprised bono would want to stay in the band much longer with you."

"I am cranky, man. Very cranky today..."

"I can see that. "

"dont be so quick to agree, jackoff..."

"I aim to please..."

------------

later that evening.. chrissy and bono went to one of he and edge's favorite italian places. they'd go there everytime they were in NYC.

the night was amazing. sitting across from eachother, among candlelight, constantly reaching for eachothers hand. and endless chatting.. about well, everything and anything. getting to know eachother. it was as if they had known eachother for years.

neither had had such a great time like that before and laughed so hard in so long.

by now, bono was feeling much better in his own skin.. and any of her own doubts were out the window.

hours go by... and the night has been going perfectly. (and his cellphone still off, blocking out The Evil Edge.)

"hey, i will be right back. i've got something for you...", he grins...
"and what are you up to??", chrissy laughs at him, as he's jumped up out of nowhere... with that look on his face as if he's got this brilliant devilish plan.

she shakes her head as he runs up to the bartender.. and then the house jazz band that was just sitting around.. doing nothing, but discussing dish detergent or whatnot.

"hey guys... sorry to interrupt your, um.. discussion here.. but um, i need a favor", bono asks the young group of musicians who almost seem a bit clueless and not even a 2nd wink at that its Bono.

"yes? and what is that?" the leader of the band asks almost annoyed that Bono had disrupted his oh so important conversation about.. which dish detergent the restaurant used.

they still looks unamused. wait a second.. this is BONO talking to them and they seem more interested in going back to their previous bullshit topic.

"can't you see we dont have time?", the drummer says... tapping his drumstick on the side of the table showing annoyance.

"erm... ", bono grunts... leaning over the table, both hands upon it...
"sir.. please dont touch my table...", the band leader says snappily.

"erm, do you know who i am?", bono asks.. getting a bit pissed off.
he wanted to get this plan underway... it was important to him and these idiots were really annoying him.

"No, and i dont care. please go away."

"erm...", bono grunts again.. slowly moving off of the table.

he was about to blow up at the guy.. but quickly had to remind himself WHY he was there.. lol.

chrissy was watching from the other side of the room, curiously.. chin resting on the back of the chair... not having a clue what was going on. lol.

'erm.. nice... my first real special night with chrissy and im gonna be beaten to a pulp by a bunch of soap obsessed, pimply faced jazz fucks..' he chuckles to himself in his mind, a pissy chuckle, if anything.

apparently his irish charm wasnt gonna work on these guys.. so he was getting desperate.

then a ruckus at the front door erupts. everyone turns around.

"BONO!!", oh shit.. it was Edge.

Chrissy almost fell backwards off her chair in suprise.

Bono backed up into the jazz fuckers table... in a suprised jump.
"GET OFF MY DAMN TABLE, YOU BANANA NOSED, ASS!", the musician flipped out, now standing ready to smack bono, grabbing him by the scruff of his shirt.

chrissy runs over as edge does..
"hey get off him!!!" edge yells, as bono is swatting in mid-air.. and edge pulls the jazz guy off him and tosses him to the floor.. as the drummer gets up and jumps edge. man, this idiot was stuck on him like gum.

"get off me you feckin wanker!!!", edge is spinning around trying to shake the guy off him. bono is trying to get the guy off edge as chrissy turns around with a champagne bottle and smashes it over the guy's head... causing him to drop off edge.

the guy looks up at chrissy from the floor.. and says, "damn, you're all fucking psycho.." and passes out. "HA! suits your stinkin' ass right", chrissy stands proudly with the broken part of the bottle still in her hand.

"wow", bono says in astonishment at the now hero chrissy, whos grinning ear to ear.

next thing they know.. a cross-dressing bouncer runs into the room and is demanding to know what the hell is going on.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN MY PALACE!!!", he screeches.

bono, edge, and chrissy are trying to hold back a laugh, but the bouncer doesnt like it.

"YOU MADE A BLOODY MASSACRE OUT OF MY PALACE!! WHAT IS THIS SHIT!"

"well.. erm...", bono stutters.. trying to laugh and almost scared at the same time, in fear of having his brains bashed out or strangled by the guy's leg stocking.

"well, erm.. what??", the bouncer demands.. then suddenly changes his demeanor as he realizes who bono is.

"oh my gosh!! i am so sorry! bono?? is that you?"

edge and chrissy sigh in relief, as bono is still red in the face.. shitfaced scared.

"yes, that's our favorite sack o shit", edge laughs.

bono gives him an evil look that could kill.

"edge!" the guy cheers and starts bowing to them.

bono is amused at this. "Nice to know someone recognizes me in this bloody place",

"oh shut up. i think your ego needs a little rest", edge jokes.

"I am so sorry, sir. were these guys bothering you?"

-------

ok.... im not sure what the hell's going on in the story now. LOL

there was something bono wanted to announce... during the meeting, but his plans had changed.. since he had met her already.. and now things are different...

he will ask her the question in the next chapter. LOL

LOL!!! Okay!

You guys actually like this thing?! LOL

It started out neat... but then I thought I was getting all stale there.. but.. i'll keep it going, heh.

Glad ya guys like it. :wink:

yep i know what ya mean about distractions! LOL!!!

so, what was your favorite part (s) of the story or this chapter so far?

BTW, Wake Up Dead Man was REALLY soemthing awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom