Electric Co Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileynumber13

Babyface
Ok so I have pretty much the entire song down and am able to play it decently enough (of course, it can always use work). However, since I did not use tabs to figure it out, I am having trouble figuring out one single chord.

Near the middle/end of the song, Edge breaks into his solo-ish thing. Right at the very beginning of it he hits a chord and some harmonics. I cannot figure out for the life of me that exact chord. I've seen a lot of different suggestions on tabs but they don't seem to fit. Can anyone help?

If you need specifics, than the version from the Vertigo DVD is the one I am replicating the closest. I also still can't do the harmonics, but it's because the action's too low on my guitar... Ibanez's can do just about anything soundwise, but that's one thing I am having a little difficulty with. Ah, I can't wait till I save up enough for my Les Paul! *drools*

Thanks!

right at that part before the solo, Edge plays an opn Em, then does full harmonics on the 12th, 7th and 5th frets. it might be just a messy open E5, but i think Em works

thatd be about right, discothequeLP always nails them tabs, check out the vertigo live in chicago DVD, when he goes for a walk around the ellipse during that solo, open Em and same harmonics used in I Will Follow, just that these are played faster, just one hit on the frets

Why? Has it somehow changed from when it was still being played in the 80's?

Surely using google will help you find the tab that used to be on the U2 guitar archive. There are so many tab sites where they ended up on.

Back
Top Bottom