Eh,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:
I've liked this one girl for quite a bit and was planning on asking her out. I had a few opportunities, but chickened out. A day or two later, I found out she was going out with a guy, so I backed off and sulked like a Packers fan for a bit. Then, today, it turns out she's single again. This all happened in the span of this weekend, so do the "give her some time" and "rebound" rules still apply? Or are those only for longer-term relationships?

So again ... what's the answer ??? Please give advice.

I will actually listen to the advice though.

You need to charge the lane, box out and grab the rebound here. Don't worry about the three second rule - this is the NBA, there is no 3 second rule. Metaphorically speaking.

I was more looking for "I asked her out", but ok, you're path is one of violence. You should have kicked him down a flight of steps, then thrown his teeth out.

twoface.jpg

"Ah. Fortune smiles. Another day of wine and roses. Or, in your case, beer and pizza!"

OK, well anyway, here's a pertinent question that might even relate to the little bastard's dilemma as well, should we all be so fortunate.

Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned at heart, but it feels kind of wrong to ask someone out over something like facebook? I mean, isn't that a bit too impersonal? And I have actually done this over Instant Messaging before, which seems equally bizarre to me, but it's such an accepted contemporary communication I don't think anyone really feels the same way.

Preferably I'd like to speak to her in person, or call her on the phone (which I also hate doing...meaning I hate talking to people on the phone in general, but for purposes like this it seems so much more appropriate). But then, is it wrong/weird to just get her number from a friends "wall" which she posted freely and publicly, because that seems even worse, as does randomly taking her AOL screen name or something like that.

I've always been wholly uncomfortable handling these things unless I'm talking to the person face-to-face, and I don't really understand the assumed etiquette when it comes to these contemporary digital media. (Damn, I feel like I'm fucking 40 or something.)

I'm in my 30's, fuck, mid 30's, so, it's still ingrained in my head to do this in person, or at worst, phone. But, times change, yes, and it seems like it's acceptable to ask someone out via text or e-mail or whatnot....I just never could.

We need Snow or Anitram or another sane female to address the calling them if you got the # of a public wall question.

I mean, if I don't get to see her in person in the next couple days, the best idea I could come up with till now without creeping myself out is to just send a more general message through email or facespace or whatever saying like "Yeah, this weekend was fun, I'd like to do something else some time soon," in a nutshell, and hopefully invite a responce with a "Oh yeah, just give me a call at XXXXX" or something like that. Christ it just feels wrong calling someone without them giving me their number. I don't think I could let myself do it.

I don't think I could do that either, now that I think about it. But I do think that in lieu of that option, sending her a message akin to the one you wrote out above is a good idea.

I think getting a number off facebook is the same as getting the number passed to you.

UberBeaver said:
Can you call a friend of hers and ask for her number? That doesn't seem too creepy. Or pass your number along through her friend?

OR - just stand outside her window playing "In Your Eyes"?

Asking for her number from someone else isn't really different than grabbing it from someone's facespace these days. And I don't know about passing mine on either. Maybe that's part of the old-school mentality that the guy should always be the one to show the initiative in these situations, or is that bullshit too? I dunno.

Facebook's actually pretty simple normally. You have a "wall" which is just like the profile comments on MySpace. He's saying if you got it from her posting her phone number on someone's wall.

K, I'm too old to understand why I can't call Becky to ask for Shirley's number. I don't see how facebook fits in. I must be obtuse. I give up.

Good luck, Lance. And I still think you're friend is a douche bag. And how did this conversation end up in this thread? WORMHOLE?

One day you'll all figure it out. LMP is merely a projection of myself and a collection of poster here that we use to manipulate our own emotions, frustrations and fantasies.

Back
Top Bottom