Edge's daughter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for linking that Kelly. I hope that something good can come out of what is happening to Edge and his family now. Maybe one person will see this and donate and save someones life. Thanks again!

Thanks for the link. Hope this is good news :hug:

I like the hair comment, I'd have said the same to him, and flipped his back- and enjoyed every minute of it :love:

I know it's not our business, but if she did need a bone marrow transplant it was fortunate she has so many siblings. I hope whatever they did worked and things will be looking up soon.

I have a hopeful story about childhood cancer. My moms friends daughter was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1979 when she was 15. They gave her no chance at all. She is still with us and happy, health with 3 kids. She met a men who also had cancer while they were in treatments. They were both told that because of all the radiation, etc, they would never have kids. They have 3!! So, there is always hope. My heart goes out to Edge and Morleigh and also to Sians brother and sisters. It has to be very difficult to have a sick sibling.

Msmarylynne, that is a wonderful story of hope. Thanks for posting. I also know a girl who had cancer and was told she'd never have kids, but has 2!

kellyahern said:
I was feeling really sad about this when I first heard the rumors, and I felt really powerless. I tried to think of something I could do, so I contacted this organization to register:

http://www.giftoflife.org/article.asp?ID=10

Yes, I know of course I'm not directly helping Sian (or even if this is relevant to her and we don't know the specifics of her illness, nor should we, nor do I want to). But maybe someday it'll help somebody :shrug:

great idea Kelly :D - I'm registering now
another charity to donate to is St. Judes in Memphis - an amazing place all around
http://www.stjude.org/donate

U2Kitten said:
Msmarylynne, that is a wonderful story of hope. Thanks for posting. I also know a girl who had cancer and was told she'd never have kids, but has 2!

This isn't news to people who've been here a while but I had cancer when I was 12 and am still here "several" years later.

Hi!

So sad to hear. :(

"From darkness I understand the night:
dreams flow, a star shines"*

*from Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring"

There is always that star which shines so brightly..a star of prayers....a star of hope.....a star of light.

carol
wizard2c

My God, how arrogant, insincere, spoiled, and inconsiderate and JUST PLAIN MEAN people are to complain about U2 and their tour!!!

SHUT THE HELL UP AND LET U2 DO WHAT THEY NEED TO DO!

If they decide to cancel the tour, so what. Bad news for us. Boo fuckin hoo, get over it!
But let me remind you, "there's a little girl fighting for her life."

U2 and the Evans-Steinberg family are in my prayers and I hope the stupid dumbasses who complained and made Larry apologize (For something that was understandable and NOT U2's fault) will sit down and shut up. No tickets for them.
If I do stand/sit near them at an upcoming concert and I hear them complain, watch for my right hook. I'll shut them up. :mad:

miss becky said:
Kelly, you are amazing. :hug:

I registered when my father was fighting leukemia. A bone marrow donor has to be very closely related to the patient -- siblings are preferred over parents or children. But as you said, you just never know when you could have the chance to help somebody. Thank you so much for posting this link, and letting people know what they can do. :hug:

I registered years back becuase my 19 year old cousin died from leukemia.
Even if there is just the slightest chance of being a match for someone else I think it's worth registering.

I'm not a prayin' kind, so I just hope that Sian manages to recover fully and most importantly, continues to enjoy and have fun with family and friends.

Always the best cure, enjoyment and happiness and positivity.

Rock On Sian...

Where is the pic of Edge kneeling onstage at the "edge" for Sian? I have not seen it.

You know, at atu2.com, in the firums, right when the first rumors went up, people were treating it as true and decided to set up a specific time every day to pray for them. This was after someone who was a Christain shared thoughts on how often, "group prayer" by a lot of epopleover a sustaiend period sometimes worked.

I'd like to think that it was partly due to the "mass pray-athons" that went on from the ist week of January on that helped, and got them to where they were Sunday night. When Melissa Etheridge came on with her bald head, I suddenly got an image of Sian (who is a carbon copy of her ad, absolutely adorable--does anyobdy have that People wedding pic?--with her hair fallen out. I can't stop crying....

Thanks Neutral....so, it was a pic from Elevation of him reaching out to her in the front row. I thought it was from Sunday, I was going to say, "Wait a min, I don't recall Edge kneeling onstage!"

You know, I shared this with folks in WIRE, but let me come out and say it here, since we all seem to be of the same mindframe.

I can't listen to Martina McBride's "In My Daughter's Eyes" without breaking out into uncontrollable tears. Seriously. And I am 36 and don;t cry easily--sometimes I'm as hard as Larry, I think. (We're the same sign--Scorpios..we ought to share some character traits...) I mean, that song would be a massive tearjerker just reading the lyrics (someone post them here?) but the way she sings it....I am trying to ban it permantly but the boss in y office likes to keep the local "soft rock" station on, and they play it 3 times in a workday. I have to get up and leave the room. Once last week, it started in the background during a meeting and halfway through, I started crying. Out loud. Everybody stared and I had to excuse myself. When I told them the cause they were very sympathetic, (they knew what a nut I am--I had told everyone about my tciket saga) and offered to pray for her etc.

Oh shoot..I'm starting to play it in my head...have to go for now, before I ...cry...

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
I was feeling really sad about this when I first heard the rumors, and I felt really powerless. I tried to think of something I could do, so I contacted this organization to register:

http://www.giftoflife.org/article.asp?ID=10

Yes, I know of course I'm not directly helping Sian (or even if this is relevant to her and we don't know the specifics of her illness, nor should we, nor do I want to). But maybe someday it'll help somebody :shrug:

Thankyou so much for that link. I understand what it's like to feel so powerless in this sort of situation. I too have registered... so thankyou, kellyahern.

Love, prayers and all best wishes to the Evans family.

sallycinnamon78 said:

Thankyou so much for that link. I understand what it's like to feel so powerless in this sort of situation. I too have registered... so thankyou, kellyahern.

Love, prayers and all best wishes to the Evans family.

Damn! The site won't let me register as a donor because I'm not in the US or Canada. :(

xtal said:
My God, how arrogant, insincere, spoiled, and inconsiderate and JUST PLAIN MEAN people are to complain about U2 and their tour!!!

SHUT THE HELL UP AND LET U2 DO WHAT THEY NEED TO DO!

If they decide to cancel the tour, so what. Bad news for us. Boo fuckin hoo, get over it!
But let me remind you, "there's a little girl fighting for her life."

U2 and the Evans-Steinberg family are in my prayers and I hope the stupid dumbasses who complained and made Larry apologize (For something that was understandable and NOT U2's fault) will sit down and shut up. No tickets for them.
If I do stand/sit near them at an upcoming concert and I hear them complain, watch for my right hook. I'll shut them up. :mad:

You have summed it up perfectly. Of course everyone would love to see the tour go forward, but Edge being there for his family is far more important right now.

My prayers are with all of them.:hug:

Just heard it!

I read it yesterday, after I haven't been in the U2 camp for about 3 months. I just read once that The Edge sued a newspaper, nothing more nothing less.
And than I've read about Sian and what happened.
I started to cry, like I guess everyone who loves U2 and the boys just a little.
In Germany there's once a year a Jose Carreras Leukämie Gala! They have collected over 6 Mio. Euros which are spendet for the hospitals all around Germany. I'm donating to them for about 4 years now. (So you can also help with money)

And to the so-called U2-Fans!
I got so angry when I heard that they are complaining about cancelling the tour. REAL fans can imagine how angry. It's more important that Sian becomes healthy. If it needs time..., so what! I guess we can wait for a long time.
I like to say the word's Larry used in his letter, but I try to be not to personal here!

I wish all the best so them! They're in my prayer's! And for those who don't believe in God - just think of them. I guess that helps, too!

BYE

I'm definitely praying for Sian, Edge and his family and the band as well. I can't imagine what they've all been through — especially Sian. :hug: May God bless them, give them strength and peace and guide the medical professionals who are helping them. And the band has been very humble through all of this ticket mess and everything. Larry didn't have to appoligize, but he did. He and the rest of the guys have class and integrity. May the band and tour be blessed as well.

Amen.

Teta040 said:
Where is the pic of Edge kneeling onstage at the "edge" for Sian? I have not seen it.

here you are:

sianedge.jpg

prayers and all best wishes to the Evans family :hug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom