Edge says "New things" for 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm all excited for the next leg, 'cause I don't think that Edge lies.

I'm all excited for the next leg, 'cause I don't think that Edge lies.

Have you not been paying attention?

Edge is the new Bono, he's to blame for everything...

He levels mountains, he lies, he's a coward, he doesn't know how to play anymore.

He's more of a sleepwalking bastard than Bono now.

People, get with it!

He levels mountains, he lies, he's a coward, he doesn't know how to play anymore.

People, get with it!

:doh: How could I have been so blind? I believed in Edge.

If Larry says it, it's probably written on a stone tablet somewhere so...I'll wait for his comment, which will never come.

Has U2 ever had such a big break between legs?

Yes and no.

The longest PLANNED break between legs was the 5 month and 13 day gap between the third and fourth legs of ZooTV.

The longest break full stop was the unplanned break between the fourth and fifth legs of Vertigo. What was meant to be 15 days between South America and Australasia became a gap of 8 months and 5 days.

The gap between the third and fourth legs of 360 at the moment stands at 7 months and 8 days, beating ZooTV but not Vertigo.

As for Edge's quote, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's anything more than replacing Unknown Caller with Pride and squeezing Bullet in somewhere.

I'd still like to see SUC. Hope they work on ES, defiantly worth it. Also bring back All i want is you before streets, and switch it with bad nightly. Stuck and IALW need dropping, play desire and SATS nightly. Be cool to see The Fly back aswell. I just hope they drop Breathe, ISHFWILF, Stuck, IALW, COBL, Walk On and WOWY.

Also in this break i hope bono takes a few more trips down to the gym, its rather annoying being distracted with that belly.

Well, I knew you would know the answer... Thanks Axver!

Wow, that gap in Vertigo really didn't seem that long at all, at least from an outsider's view, maybe because we knew the reason...

People, get with it!

And most of all, he's a gay leatherman.

And why must you be so mean BVS. :sad:

I suspect this could mean the premiere of several NLOTH songs. :up: I say that seeing as they had thought of playing the complete album in Fez. It could also mean the dropping of some...

Maybe...I'm thinking more along the lines of premering SOA songs.

I know Adam said they wanted to play the album in sequence for the Youtube show...so maybe they'll do that for the next legs ? But that would be a first for a U2 album, to have all songs played (Red hill mining town was only rehearsed but Bono couldn't sing it, and for AB Acrobat was never played in full, and So cruel I think only one full performance, with Bono on acoustic guitar).

Could they pull of Cedars and especially Fez/Being Born (without it being like Zooropa, with 2 or so minutes of U2 actually playing the song) ? White as Snow and Stand up Comedy they could do easily...

Yes and no.

The longest PLANNED break between legs was the 5 month and 13 day gap between the third and fourth legs of ZooTV.

The longest break full stop was the unplanned break between the fourth and fifth legs of Vertigo. What was meant to be 15 days between South America and Australasia became a gap of 8 months and 5 days.

The gap between the third and fourth legs of 360 at the moment stands at 7 months and 8 days, beating ZooTV but not Vertigo.

As for Edge's quote, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's anything more than replacing Unknown Caller with Pride and squeezing Bullet in somewhere.

Jesus, man. You and the statistics. I hate you for knowing it all :angry:

:wink:
:hug:

Ultraviolet will be replaced by The Fly, Unknown Caller will be replaced by Pride, IALW/YBR will be replaced by I Will Follow, NLOTH will be replaced by SYCMIOYO, TUF will be replaced by Angel of Harlem, Crazy Tonight will first be played in album style and then replaced by WITS, MOS will be replaced by "40", MLK will be replaced by BTBS, and they'll throw one SOA song in there by replacing Breathe with EBW. And One and Streets will switch back to their order on the first leg.

Interference's favorite setlist:
1) Every Breaking Wave
2) Get On Your Boots
3) Magnificent
4) Mysterious Ways / No Slide Solo (snippet)
5) Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
6) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
7) Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
8) Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna A Surriento (snippet)
9) Elevation
10) I Will Follow
11) Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12) Until The End Of The World
13) Angel of Harlem
14) City of Blinding Lights
15) Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
16) Window In The Skies / Fix You (snippet)
17) Sunday Bloody Sunday (Vertigo Tour-style)
18) Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / Please (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
19) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
-- encore break --
20) Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
21) Bono Talking Forever (snippet) / One
--encore break--
22) The Fly / Satisfaction (snippet)
23) With or Without You
24) "40"

Wait, this setlist looks really familiar.

:wave:agreed, we have known this band too long to paint other pictures ...

But that would be a first for a U2 album, to have all songs played (Red hill mining town was only rehearsed but Bono couldn't sing it, and for AB Acrobat was never played in full, and So cruel I think only one full performance, with Bono on acoustic guitar).

You forgot Boy. Every song on that album has been played live.
And in the category of albums with all songs played live except one, add Rattle And Hum (Heartland is the only studio track off that album not played live).
:)

:wave:agreed, we have known this band too long to paint other pictures ...

It's true that what the band consider 'new things' isn't always considered by the fans as being that drastic. But Axver, you know that we will remind you of this quote should the shake-up be more than that and you'll start complaining. :p

And in the category of albums with all songs played live except one, add Rattle And Hum (Heartland is the only studio track off that album not played live).

...which seems to be true, but it is not exactly – which may surprise not only you. In fact "Heartland" was performed live during the early stages of the LoveTown Tour '89/'90 in Australia. Back then the tune was used as a snippetlike intro to "Streets". Known until now are two of such performances in Melbourne, 10/13/89 & 10/16/89, that are also documented on u2gigs.com.

You forgot Boy. Every song on that album has been played live.

True, Boy was played in full. Though it was easier to do it with the pre-UF songs as they weren't using keyboards, sequencers etc.

:up: Rattle and hum may not be the most popular U2 album but it got played live a lot.

I think Breathe is out as the opener. No Line, Magnificent, or Boots seem like they would all be better openers, assuming it's not something off of SOA...

I liked the current set from NLOTH but I'd love to see the standard version of Crazy Tonight. It wasn't a bad remix and the lighting was cool, but the "baby baby baby, i know I'm not alone", which is totally brilliant (one of the best points on the album) didn't have the same effect. That part was exhilirating on the Letterman performance...

Loved UF in the set, along with the ommission of Pride and NYD. The latter two are classic songs, but with such a deep catalog, you have to give those a rest at some point...

Hoping they stick with UF and add 1 or 2 more from that album (seeing as they just re-released it maybe?)... How about Wire? When is the last time they played that? I can't remember it even making the JT tour... Let's go with a UF, Wire, Bad trio in the middle of the set. Any chance?

To keep playing more songs off Leave Behind then UF or Acthung or Pop or JT hopefully is not in their plans for 2010... 5 songs off Leave Behind?? C'mon. We'll never be able to get rid of Beautiful Day, but they should just leave it at that and navigate away from that album permanently...

...which seems to be true, but it is not exactly – which may surprise not only you. In fact "Heartland" was performed live during the early stages of the LoveTown Tour '89/'90 in Australia. Back then the tune was used as a snippetlike intro to "Streets". Known until now are two of such performances in Melbourne, 10/13/89 & 10/16/89, that are also documented on u2gigs.com.

A snippet doesn't count as a performance. Heartland has never been performed live.

In fact "Heartland" was performed live during the early stages of the LoveTown Tour '89/'90 in Australia. Back then the tune was used as a snippetlike intro to "Streets". Known until now are two of such performances in Melbourne, 10/13/89 & 10/16/89, that are also documented on u2gigs.com.

I need to hear this!!! Any one got a recording of it??

I need to hear this!!! Any one got a recording of it??

Months, maybe years ago there was this snippet circulating around here on interference. But, sorry, I can not help you. Just: It sounded awesome and I remember it a rather long snippet ...:wave:

y

SInce I am seeing them for a second time this tour in Seatle I REALLY hope they play some POP songs!!!! They skipped pop now for two straight tours with the odd exceptions but they BETTER play some thing from POP. Ei MOFO or even Discotheque! ANd play more songs from Zooropa too as well as HMKMKMTM!

Would they really cut breathe out from the opener? And is that because of their feelings the fans weren't into it enough?

Would they really cut breathe out from the opener? And is that because of their feelings the fans weren't into it enough?

no one knows. lots of people on here said for both legs they would change it, but they never did. depends on if soa really comes out, and how that changes the show.

with u2, the best bet is no it will not change. the show will most likely be 90% the same as before.

Back
Top Bottom