dream out loud pt 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
ok I have reached this point and going to give the other fan fic writers a chance to catch up *pokes bonolady and YDW to hurry up*:wink:

I am taking a break for a while to decide which way I can take the story next, had a few ideas.. but it would take another 10 chapters or so to finish it if I did and would be a lot more up and down rollercoaster of emotions but don't want to overdo it:ohmy:

"You didn't have to do this you know" Rosie glanced across at Bono sitting in the car driving her through the London traffic to her apartment a week later, she had just been released from the hospital, and had been ordered to rest and take it easy and see a counselor. "I don't want you all treating me like an invalid"

"Shut up Rosie" Bono told her, "Whether you like it or not you are an invalid, and its time you accepted we are going to take care of you, and make sure you have a full recovery.. right?" he shot her a warning look

"I guess so" Rosie sighed as she slunk down on the passenger seat, "It just takes a bit of getting used to, I mean you getting all concerned and caring.. its freaking me out slightly I am just not used to it"

Bono grinned, "Well thats what you get for freaking me out first this past week with all that has happened, it has a knock on affect"

"Glad something positive came out of it all" Rosie managed a smile "These past few months have been pretty crazy for me.. everything just got out of control.. and I was kidding myself I was still in control it was really bizzare" she tried to explain

"Well at least you are getting the help you need now" Bono replied "And I don't want you worrying about the band and the tour or anything else just concentrate on getting well ya hear me?"

"Yes, loud and clear" Rosie rolled her eyes realising that the caring considerate Bono was almost as bad as the selfcentered Bono, in driving her nuts with his fussing.

When they arrived at her apartment though the press had got word she was out of hospital and back home and were hanging about waiting for her.

"Dammit" she muttered seeing the photographers, "Thats the last thing I need, they have been saying all sorts of things about me claiming my collapse was due to a drug overdose, or drink abuse.. I should sue them for Libel" she frowned in disgust.

"We will just get you inside as quick as possible, you don't have to say anything to them, I will take care of it" Bono told her

"Oh my knight in shining armour. what would I do without you" she taunted goodhumouredly

Bono just smiled in amusment because she sounded like his old Rosie, then realised he had thought of her as his he wasn't sure where that had come from or that she would agree with it, but there wasn't time to analyse it now as they got out of the car
He put his arm around her and she huddled into him for protection as the press came towards her, she wasn't ready for this yet.

They started firing questions at her and taking photos as Bono led her swiftly to her front door she kept her head down and Bono assured them firmly that she was fine but needed her privacy, and would they go away and leave her alone.
She was glad when they reached the front door, she hurriedly put the key in the door and got inside.
As he held her he could feel her shaking.

He give her a reassuring squeeze "Its all over with you are safe now, c'mon I will make us a cup of coffee and get you settled in.

She let him lead her into her living room and only then started to relax a little with the familarity of her surroudings, she was so glad to be home and out of hospital.

She was expecting Larry Edge and Adam to land on her doorstep soon as well to check up on her, they had caught a later flight back to London as they wrapped up the end of the tour apologising to Australia for having to cancel but promising they wou.ld be back as soon as they could, and people could either get a refund on their tickets or keep them for when they finally got over there. hopefully before the year was out.

Thinking about that now Rosie felt a wave of guilt overwhelm her again, that she had let them all down.. but she didn't dare mention it to Bono, he had warned her not to get upset about it or dwell on it and he would just give her another lecture..
She went into the kitchen with him pleading with him to let her make the coffee, that she was going crazy with just doing nothing
this past week, and she just wanted to feel normal again.

Bono relented, and went about getting her luggage from the boot of the car now the press had moved off realising they were getting no more of a story.

A little while later she and Bono were sitting in her living room drinking the coffee she made.

"I am so glad to be home again" she spoke up "I haven't stayed here from Edge phoned me up and I got news about my mother" she then realised with a small frown.

"It must have been a tough time for you" Bono said unable to think of anything else in words of comfort

"The Counselor I talked to in the hospital a few days ago, she reckons I delibertly neglected my body and pushed it to its limits because I was feeling guilty about my mother, that I had abandoned her.. she reckons I need to grieve properly and I won't let myself" Rosie explained quietly "The more I think about it I think she was right, At night, when we were on tour I use to lie in bed and all I could see was her face and how ill she she looked in the hospital, like she was haunting me" Rosie took a sip of her coffee "Sometimes now I still get a flash or an image of her face, and I keep thinking if only I had been a better daughter, if I had kept in contact with her realised how bad she was sooner I could have helped her maybe saved her"

"Rosie, don't put yourself through this, you know she would have went on drinking no matter what, she was an alcoholic.. and you are not responsible for her death... you done all you could" Bono told her

"Did I?" Rosie stared across at him questioningly.. "I-I don't feel like I did, and if Edge hadn't found out I might not even know she was dead" she exclaimed in distress

Bono was now over beside her "Rosie it wasn't your fault" he told her with deliberation

Rosie shook her head "I am sorry.. I don't even know why I am talking about this with you," she give a small laugh "you don't need to listen to my problems, probably the last thing you need" she tried to dismiss it lightly remembering Bono was never into heavy emotional stuff.. which was where they were at now

"That is crap Rosie and you know it" Bono told her "If you want to talk to me about this stuff, I am fine with it.. I would like to think you could confide in me, despite how I treated you in the past, its the least I can do, I still feel bad myself I wasn't there for you when you were going through all this with your mother and I wanted to be at the funeral, only I wasn't sure how you felt about me.. I know I wasn't your favorite person at the time which I can understand, you probably hated my guts"

"Well I did almost" Rosie confessed "But I could never despise you completely because in the back of my mind it always sticks with me, that you believed in me, and helped me realise my ambitions, I would never have gotten as far as I have if it wasn't for you, so I will always be grateful to you for that even if you are an arrogant asshole" she finished with a grin

"I will take that as a compliment of sorts" Bono replied with a chuckle, "You always had a way with words around me Rosylee"

It had been a long time since he had called her that, and it suddenly give an intimacy to the moment, as she found herself caught in the intensity of his blue eyes.

"Just like old times" she murmered

"Yeah exactly" he responded huskily and his lips claimed hers in a long slow kiss, that stirred up feelings in Rosie she hadn't felt in a long time, and it might have led to something more intimate except the sound of the doorbell startled them both and they pulled apart

"That must be the others" Rosie said suddenly feeling flustered that Bono could still affect her in such a way, she hadnt expected it.

Bono swore under his breath as he got up to answer the door "Talk about your lousy timing" he muttered darkly.

Back
Top Bottom