dream out loud pt 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
Nervous exhaustion caused by a lack of not eating properly or getting her sleep and pushing herself had driven her body to its limits, which was why she had collapsed was the doctors diagnosis when she was taken into hospital to be checked out. Though concerned with this, the other band members were relieved it was nothing too serious that couldn't be fixed through time, and at least now she couldn't go on denying that there was nothing wrong with her.

Rosie had woke up lying in a hospital bed surrounded by doctors and nurses feeling weak and dizzy and dehydrated, and attached to a drip. The last thing she remembered was walking of stage with the applause of the crowd still ringing her ears and was at first confused with her surroundings and what had happened to her. but the doctors had adminstered drugs that had made her drowsy and bearly able stay awake for more than ten minutes, and it wasn't until the following day that the others were allowed to see her, the whole four of them piled into the small private ward, where she was awake but still weak
Whilist Edge and Adam sat by the bench and Larry was on the other side opposite them, Bono stood at the edge of the bed surveying her

"Well, this is great, what do you mean by going and collapsing on us giving us all a bloody fright like that.. thats someway to end a show" he chastised her jokingly expecting her to retort something back in good humour

But there was no smile on her lips as she replied quietly "I know.. I am so sorry.... I have let you all down" and much to Bono's dismay tears welled up in her eyes and started to trickle down her cheeks. Larry and Edge send him a look that would have killed him on the spot and Adam took Rosie's hand "Hey hey c'mon no need for that, you haven't let us down, Bono wasnt saying that" he tried to comfort her.

"But I have" Rosie insisted "There is still two gigs to do then there is Austrailia and you will probably have to cancel them because I am stuck in this bed.. and its all my fault, I have let everyone down" she wailed, the tears coming thick and fast now.

Bono shifted uncomfortably staring down at his shoes not sure what else to do, never had he seen Rosie reduced to tears, In all the time he knew her even through the time with her mother and everything else she put up with. She was strong and fought and was determined in her attititude and never give into the dispair, to see her fall apart like this, it was unreal, and just because she thought she had failed them, it shook him a little.

He had not meant to upset her like this with his greeting, but he had never been great addressing people in a sympathetic manner, but then there had always been that sort of banter between them, and she had always been quite capable of answering him back and putting him in his place, she was obviously feeling a lot more emotionally fragile than he realised the last thing he had expected her to ever do was breakdown and cry

It wasn't often that people could make Bono feel like shit, but seeing Rosie sobbing helplessly onto Adam's shoulder as he and Edge tried to soothe her had exactly that affect on him

Later that day, though the others understood he had not meant any harm, and was more of a thoughtless remark than with any real malice, Bono still felt bad, It had been bad enough when she had collapsed and be rushed to hospital, and the silent panic that had got him into, But seeing her falling apart like that, the fighting spirit he had so much admired in her seeming to be broken, had a profound affect on him like nothing else had, though he would never admit it aloud to anyone else, espicially to Fay who phoned him up that evening,

She was busy in America with her new album and also getting another part in a film she was after which kept her in Hollywood, with Bono and the band busy touring Europe, they hadn't seen each other in a while, and just kept in contact through phone calls when they had the time. She had heard about Rosie's collapse in the newspapers, but Bono found out she wasnt phoning up out of concern to ask how Rosie was. In fact she seem to be wallowing in her misfortune quite openly much to Bono's bemusment.

"Y'know honestly Bono I think Rosie is more of a hindrance to the band, I mean what kind of a professional is she. letting herself go like that, I think this proves she is all washed up and finished"

"Really?" Bono replied from his end of the phone, his tone neutral, but his eyes narrowing as he listened to Fay prattle on.

"Yes, I mean lets face it, if she left you could cope fine without her, I don't really see why you keep her on, her voice isnt that great"

"Well our fans might disagree with you there" Bono pointed out, feeling irration rise somewhere inside him at Fays assumption, that she knew what was best for the band, when it was none of her business,

"You think so?" Fay sounded surprised "Personally myself I think you would sound better without her, I never said before because I know you are er colleagues.. but after this happening...it confirms what I thought all along she is not stable or reliable, and she was never very friendly towards me, I think she resented me, because of our relationship.. she is a strange girl, you wait she will only cause more mayhem, and bring you all down or hold you back, this is your perfect opportunity to do yourself a favour and just let her go.

"Well that will be up to us and Rosie to sort out" Bono informed her stiffly, "but do yourself a favour Fay, don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen" and with that he put down the phone knowing if he continued to listen to her he would say something he might later regret. The novelty of Fay's attention was starting to rapidly wear of lately, Bono was beginning to realise the only person Fay cared about was herself, and expected the rest of the world to revolve around her and demanding his attention, But she wasn't pulling his strings anymore, he was finished being her media puppet, it was all getting stale for him, and he was suddenly glad that there was a large ocean of water between him and Fay or he might be tempted to throttle her at that moment.

The last thing on his mind was thinking about Rosie leaving the band.. all he wanted her to do was get better, to be up and about and be her old self again, for her be his vocal sparring partner and singing next to him on stage.

He just hoped the circumstances they now found themselves in had not changed that for good. the thought that it might made him feel very uneasy and not something he wanted to contemplate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom