Don't Come Knocking - Opinions Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meghan

Refugee
Now that the new U2/Andrea Corr song is listenable on U2.com, what do y'all think of it?

Personally, I don't love it. Its a good song and all, just nothing really special to me yet (I've only heard it once).
I hate going into the U2 - Coldplay connection, but the melody on the line "Don't come knocking...." reminded me pretty strongly of the Coldplay song Everything's Not Lost, where Chris sings "ha-ah, yeah...."
Still, Everything's Not Lost is my favourite Coldplay song, so I didn't mind too much. :)

i have the feeling if we saw the movie and listened to it while the credits were rolling it would make more of a connection.

Adelabella said:

Here's to hoping it takes less than 3-4 years (but hey, it's U2. They will take all the time they need to make a killer record).

Hope it's not too long. I'm not getting any younger here! (coming from the perspective of someone who was recently confronted with her own mortality)

Meghan said:
Now that the new U2/Andrea Corr song is listenable on U2.com, what do y'all think of it?

Personally, I don't love it. Its a good song and all, just nothing really special to me yet (I've only heard it once).
I hate going into the U2 - Coldplay connection, but the melody on the line "Don't come knocking...." reminded me pretty strongly of the Coldplay song Everything's Not Lost, where Chris sings "ha-ah, yeah...."
Still, Everything's Not Lost is my favourite Coldplay song, so I didn't mind too much. :)

finally u2 cover coldplay!!!! :rockon: :rockon:

sounds a little like "Time enough for tears"

But I like it -- sweet, even if it's not so original!

And then I love hearing Bono's voice mixing with Andrea's!!

I didn't watch the movie, so I can't say if the song is appropriated for the movie!

Back
Top Bottom