Doest It Suck.. When People Hate On U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how can you not like coldplay, they sound like u2 so much.its like having two u2's. now you dont have to wait for a new u2 album , we have Viva La Vida.
and when the new u2 album comes out that will just be a bonus. like icing on a cake.

I tend to agree. I can understand people hating coldplay as people or as a cultural icon, but musically, they are fairly bloody similar (albeit inferior)to U2. I can't see how a U2 fan can really hate Coldplay's music.

I stopped caring what people thought about me when I was about 16.

Basically.

I've come to expect U2 haters. When I was in high school there was one guy who CONSTANTLY ragged on U2 everytime he saw me, so that was pretty annoying, but people like that are clearly tools. most people I meet however only mention any dislike for U2 if I bring them up, and if we disagree I usually leave it at that. Not really a big deal :shrug:

also...Filter? really? Filter?

it's unfortunate when people with otherwise good music taste hate U2, but I'm not sure we really need Filter's #1 fan in the U2 fanbase anyway :wink:

how can you not like coldplay, they sound like u2 so much.its like having two u2's. now you dont have to wait for a new u2 album , we have Viva La Vida.
and when the new u2 album comes out that will just be a bonus. like icing on a cake.

This may be your best post in the last 8 years. I'm serious.

How come that in every thread, it doesn't matter what subject, people starts to bash Coldplay? Both bands are good (I personally think U2 is better, of course) and that's it. To stay to subject, yes it sucks that people hate U2. I can't see what they've done wrong.

I take comfort in the fact that my friends have shitty taste in music. They wouldn't know talent if it came up and introduced itself. Case in point: My friends and I weregoing out on Saturday night and one of them was playing her iPod on her car dock. All of them were making fun of me for liking U2 and most of the other music I like. I just said something along the lines of " 'Buy You a Drink' by T-Pain is coming out of your iPod right now. Really not the moment to criticize musical taste.":lol:

I just said something along the lines of " 'Buy You a Drink' by T-Pain is coming out of your iPod right now. Really not the moment to criticize musical taste.":lol:

The correct title is "Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')". Jeez, show some respect for the music that your friends love! :mad: ;)

I personally think most people who trash U2/Bono only do so to get a reaction out of the fans. U2 seems to be the band that you either really love, or they just annoy the fuck out of you. The fans are pretty loyal and most are quick to defend U2, offering up burnt cds or youtube links. If these people who trash the band could see this thread, you know they'd think it's hilarious, they just like the reactions. Maybe they think we all have a bit of the Bono syndrome?

Why waste the energy worrying about why others don't share our love for U2? Many of you would probably laugh if you could see the content on my iPod. Instead of cool icons or indie music, it's filled with U2, cheesy childhood songs, 90's pop and 80's hair metal. Why do I need to fill it with material that everyone else thinks is the latest cool? It's my iPod, my music, the music I love..you think it's stupid? Wgas!

:shudders: Yesterday I showed my stepdaughter how to convert YouTube videos for her Nano, and then that..that..Chamillionaire appeared in my iTunes. :| I love brainwashing the kids though. They don't particularly care for U2, but they're forced to listen to it so much that they'll come up to me and ask "What's the name of that song you were listening to? I want it on my iPod." Win!

Many of you would probably laugh if you could see the content on my iPod. Instead of cool icons or indie music, it's filled with U2, cheesy childhood songs, 90's pop and 80's hair metal.

Nice.

I listen to a lot of indie myself, but it does surprise me how hipster Interference is, when U2 is generally considered not-so-hip :wink:

Back
Top Bottom