DOES YOUR LOVE FOR Bono affect your life too much

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Golightly Grrl said:
Does my love for Bono affect my life too much? Well, yes, but in a positive place. Afterall, my love for Bono brought me to this place. Hugs!!!

Well said ....I agree with you, also I never thought I would daydream about guys that are almost 20 years older than me!!!!:up:

BEVERLY56 said:
I'm not sure. I've quit my job, sold my house, left my husband and put my kids up for adoption. I'm moving to Dublin to live on a bench across the street from the recording studio in hopes that Bono will fall hopelessly in love with me and ask me to go on tour with him as I am his new Muse. I don't consider that to be too much...do you?

I've dreamt of doing that. I know I'd come back I do love my real family. :wink:

Carmelu2fan said:

Well said ....I agree with you, also I never thought I would daydream about guys that are almost 20 years older than me!!!!:up:

Or 30 years... :shifty:

It certainly affects my life to a great degree, but I wouldn't say too much...too much is not enough!! Besides, I dunno where I'd be without U2, honestly... am I a little obsessed, yeah, more than a little I'd say, but I'd say anyone who posts here is - it's not a bad thing, everyone's got their "obsessions" or things they really love.

No. Wanna see my photobucket? I don't love Bono.
cookiemonster.gif

I think being obssesed with talented, sexy, cool guys is perfectley normal:shrug: :heart: :shrug:

i showed my friend some clips where bono brings up some fans and shows his love for them... and well, let's just say that my friend calls bono ''a weird old man''. :madspit: i called her an asshole and i told her to go screw herself :ohmy:

so yes. my love for bono has affected my life too much.

oh... my brother even thinks im some obsessive freak that is in love with men that are two-three times my age. :|

AtomicBono said:

Or 30 years... :shifty:

It certainly affects my life to a great degree, but I wouldn't say too much...too much is not enough!! Besides, I dunno where I'd be without U2, honestly... am I a little obsessed, yeah, more than a little I'd say, but I'd say anyone who posts here is - it's not a bad thing, everyone's got their "obsessions" or things they really love.

:up: :applaud:

Does my love for :bono: affect my life too much? Yes, in a very positive way. Knowing there is someone in the world like Bono makes me very happy.

Does my love for Bono affect my life too much?....:hmm: no not too much.
He has affected me sure, hes made me a better person!...so its more of a postive affect.
Bono and U2 make me very content...and i can't imagine my life without them :)

Yes, Bono has affected my life. I have to lie to my husband when he says "if I fell off a boat and Bono fell off a boat and we were both drowning and you could only save one which would it be" and I always have to say him (but really mean Bono.) Just kiddin' I do love to drool over Bono--but I see him as one of God's good people on this earth who really wants to make a difference. I coudn't go a day without him.

youtooellen said:
i showed my friend some clips where bono brings up some fans and shows his love for them... and well, let's just say that my friend calls bono ''a weird old man''. :madspit: i called her an asshole and i told her to go screw herself :ohmy:

so yes. my love for bono has affected my life too much.

oh... my brother even thinks im some obsessive freak that is in love with men that are two-three times my age. :|

I feel your pain babe!!!! I go thru the same shit with my idiot friend' s and family too!!!

Re: thinking of re writing

passingcat said:
re writing....

So, are you still re writing the question?:confused:

Anyway, I guess you can call it love (not the romantic type, though) because love can be expressed in different ways.

Yes, the huge admiration I have for Bono is completely changing my life. For instance, I’ve been spending too much time searching for pictures on the net and scanning everything where I can find his image so I can come and post them at PLEBA.:D
He’s a permanent presence in my life as he whispers in my ear all day long. :wink:
He is the reason why I keep spending scandalous amounts of money in books and others collectibles (and trips and concerts tickets, etc).:shifty:
His involvement in causes such as the Jubilee 2000, and his dedication to the “Dropt the Debt” and the “One” campaign have been an inspiration for me and I feel that it contributes to make me being a better person.

I agree with LostAtMoon... I love what U2 / Bono stands for. They are aware of the situations of this world and they belive that they can make a difference...They made me aware, now I belive that I can make a difference too.:up:

I originally wrote a lame poem so deleted it ......

he's a beautiful beautiful person and he can get under your skin to a degree where its unhealthy-I should know as years ago I thought about him,his lyrics,his character,his relentless passion 24/7 and I knew I had to come out of it and get a life-cause I was drowning in his sea of love and outward expression.....he's an amazing creation-I love God's choice for his character-it swept us all away!!he is still under my skin to a degree but not affecting my life nearly much as it was in my 20's-though cause they've just toured I feel the need to share with others again about him but I know when it'll start getting OTT and I have to press the stop button.....

I had allot of healing issues then.....really hurt,lonely-he filled in voids and darkness with everything he was-his music was like medicine-I related to his pain-he understood people's passion and dreams-he understood deep darkness-someone was relating to me-I needed understanding-he was part of my healing process
but I couldn't let go of that charm for years !!! i won't ever get over his charm fully-I just have to put him out of my mind-I can do that now-it can turn to torture if you don't !!

It used to affect mine too much but back then I was a lonely horny teenager with nothing better to do than make up stories in my head about him dancing with me :wink:
Now Im a horny teenager (19) with a hot fiance that commands much of my attention
and I really did get to dance with bono :lol:

I actually considered running to dublin once to get away from my boring life.
I was looking at tickets and everything. I was applying for a workers license there, and I was going to try and get a job doing something where I could meet bono :rolleyes:

Move over ladies, this chick is gettin on the bench too :p

Its incredible how he's like a gigantic magnetic field that draws us in

he's a believer and portrayer of love and love draws in everyone

when it was all too much in my early 20's a friend said-there are 100 men like him out there-its just they aren't famous-you can find a soul like that-he's probly just down the street-just around the corner and your missing out cause your chasing a dream not reality.....so I got out of it-I faced reality-I got a life in the end-I fell in love with everything he represents but there are 1000 Bono's-never completely the same-he is unique as we all are but they are out there.....

I found my Bono by accident
He was right in front of me
And all the way across the country
And he didnt listen to me when I said it wouldnt work. Im really glad :yes:
because I always thought I would be left wanting something in my husband
And that I would be miserable comparing him to all the things in bono I find good.
I dont have to do that :D
Because he has everything I want and things I didnt know to ask for

Tara-just saw your video-way to go.......

I'm seeing blessings just pouring on you-with wedding on the way e.t.c.....

way to go::heart:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
I'm still looking for my "Bono"....:grumpy: :shrug:

:hug: you and me both, stars. of course I am madly in love with this guy so I GUESS that makes him my Bono, but, he's not mine and he's not much like Bono :shrug: go figure

the thing affecting me about him at the moment is the 10SECONDS......!!!!!!! 10 SECONDS KISS melpop got of him in his CAR in dublin-no tongues but 10 SECONDS !!!!!

THE CHEEKY TIGER!!!!!!!10 seconds with his eyes closed!!!!and he pressed hard-did he enjoy that kiss or what-meowwwwwww!!!!!!purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Doe he realise she will never get over it-its put her in a state of ecstasymixed with torture-LIFE TIME TORTURE of needing more..:combust:

Back
Top Bottom