Does anyone ever try and quiz you on U2 trivia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Case and point: my friend Matt introduced me to his best friend Seth. Matt mentioned that I was a huge U2 fan. SO Seth says...

"Oh yeah? really, huh? Right, so here's some U2 trivia" (imagine all this with a condescending tone) "On the best of 1980-1990 there is a hidden track."

Me: "Oh yeah. October."

Seth: "What?"

Me: "October. Comes right after All I Want is You. Off the October album...."

Seth: "Oh yeah....I was going to say it was that instrumental-type one..yeah...good job" *turns away* "sooo....."

:shrug:

never been quizzed like that...

whenever I'm introduced as being a big U2 fan, the person always says, "Oh yeah? I like U2... that 'With or Without You' song is pretty good." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
i don't get quized on u2 trivia, more like if my mom has some kind of question about the band she expects me to know. my favourite one being "so the band are all catholic, right?"

whenever I'm introduced as being a big U2 fan, the person always says, "Oh yeah? I like U2... that 'With or Without You' song is pretty good."

:mad: i HATE that :mad:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
only once have I been quizzed on U2 and i won the quiz. :sexywink: i also ended up having flowers and drinks bought for me because of this. :cute:

story-time!

Dorian Gray said:
never been quizzed like that...

whenever I'm introduced as being a big U2 fan, the person always says, "Oh yeah? I like U2... that 'With or Without You' song is pretty good." :rolleyes:

I got that a lot from people I used to work with when they would see my U2 calendar at my cubicle. They would always name a radio hit...

I've been introduced to people by friends as either "the U2 fan" or "the vegetarian" or both. I hate that! I don't introduce my friends to other people as the "meat eater" or the "whatever-band-they-listen-to-fan." Very annoying at times cuz then I end up having a U2 radio hit talk, Bono humanitarian talk, or a why I don't eat meat talk. :| I have a lot of other things I can talk about too but I never seem to be able to change the subject.

It's old.

My last year's English teacher used to ask me about U2. Why this, why that :blahblah: He just wanted to know more about U2 :shrug:

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:
a guy i work with bet me once that i didn't know bono's real name :|

One of my co-workers was surfing the net and stumbled across an article on Bono when he was on his Midwestern speaking tour this past winter. She knows I'm a fan so she told me about it. "His real name is Paul Hewson," she said. "I knew that," I told her. I'm not sure if she was impressed by my knowledge or just thought I was an obsessed freak.

In middle school and high school, it was well-known that I was the resident U2 fan. Classmates and teachers used to look up U2 facts to quiz me on, and I always got the questions right. Some regarded me as a freak. :laugh:

IWasBored said:
i don't get quized on u2 trivia, more like if my mom has some kind of question about the band she expects me to know. my favourite one being "so the band are all catholic, right?"
Baahaha! My dad did that to me once a few years ago. Except it was really bizarre, and made me kinda wonder if he was crazy. He came into a room where I was watching some U2 video on TV, and watched, silent for a moment. Then the conversation went something like this:

Dad: You know they're all Catholic, right?

Me: "No they're not."

Dad: "Yes, they are. Irish Catholic."

Me: "Noooo, they're not."

Dad: "Yeah, they are. At least, he is." [indicates Bono]

Me: "No, he isn't! None of them are. The drummer was when he was a kid, but he isn't anymore."

Dad: [silent for a moment] "Well, because I read that's where they got their name."

Me: [increasingly confused] "What? The actual name comes from the spyplane."

Dad: "No. Because at mass the priest says 'Peace be with you' and then you say 'You too.' You too = U2."

[Note: our family is Catholic.]

Me: [utterly confused for a moment. just don't know where to begin.] "That's not where they got their name!" [My dad starts walking away.] "And it's not even 'You too!' It's "And also with you'!"

[Dad is heading into other room. I decide I might have sounded a little mean, since he was probably only trying to be friendly. But I have to know where he read this crap.]

Me: "But where did you read that??"

Dad: [from other room] "Nowhere. I made it up. But you thought it was real."

Aaaand there was really nothing left for me to say. :huh:

Nobody tries to quiz me around here because nobody knows much about the band. That sucks!! Must find people who like good music!!!

that was the first time I've ever been quizzed. Yeah, normally no one ever talks abotu U2...no one i know really listens to them, other than the mainstream hits. or they say, 'Hey! That Bow-no dude was ont TV yesterday!"

Mirrorball Girl said:

Baahaha! My dad did that to me once a few years ago. Except it was really bizarre, and made me kinda wonder if he was crazy. He came into a room where I was watching some U2 video on TV, and watched, silent for a moment. Then the conversation went something like this:

Dad: You know they're all Catholic, right?

Me: "No they're not."

Dad: "Yes, they are. Irish Catholic."

Me: "Noooo, they're not."

Dad: "Yeah, they are. At least, he is." [indicates Bono]

Me: "No, he isn't! None of them are. The drummer was when he was a kid, but he isn't anymore."

Dad: [silent for a moment] "Well, because I read that's where they got their name."

Me: [increasingly confused] "What? The actual name comes from the spyplane."

Dad: "No. Because at mass the priest says 'Peace be with you' and then you say 'You too.' You too = U2."

[Note: our family is Catholic.]

Me: [utterly confused for a moment. just don't know where to begin.] "That's not where they got their name!" [My dad starts walking away.] "And it's not even 'You too!' It's "And also with you'!"

[Dad is heading into other room. I decide I might have sounded a little mean, since he was probably only trying to be friendly. But I have to know where he read this crap.]

Me: "But where did you read that??"

Dad: [from other room] "Nowhere. I made it up. But you thought it was real."

Aaaand there was really nothing left for me to say. :huh:

:lmao: my mom didn't beleive me that none of them were catholic now...i had to go dig up proof in a book

I usually get, "So what do you think about that Bow-no guy?"

The most random question I've been asked is, "How long have there been girls in the band?" by someone who's recently seen the video for When the Stars Go Blue.

Well I haven't been quized...mostly 'cause there aren't many people around me who listen to them....But I had a conversation with another girl couple of weeks ago that went something like this:

*Pride comes on the radio and ofcourse the volume has to go to the roof*
:"so who is this?"
me: *with disbelief* U2
:Oh yeah....I like HIM, I saw HIM on Opra once. *kept speaking as if they're a solo act*

me:There are four people in the Band.
:ya but I ment the "guy with the glasses" who owns them.....*ok at this pt. i just let her go on and I began to enjoy what was left of Pride*

OH yes,and also I made a mistake of going with my cousin to pick up ATYCLB when it came out ....He looks at the CD i picked up and says "OH so you like 80s music".

When I go to film my commercials, and I go to these restaurant's kitchens, I often bring a little boombox packed with U2 stuff. A lot of the chefs ask me who's that playing! They ask if it's 'N Sync! This is before I smack them around, of course.

Billy Mays said:
When I go to film my commercials, and I go to these restaurant's kitchens, I often bring a little boombox packed with U2 stuff. A lot of the chefs ask me who's that playing! They ask if it's 'N Sync! This is before I smack them around, of course.

i hope you kicked their collective ass a few times for that one

Billy Mays said:

I did!! Geez, how can you confuse the two?

it's quite frightening. i would have gone ballistic, they never would have known what hit them :evil:

I don't get quizzed much at all, but some people do say 'yeah he's got a degree in U2...' :wink:

Oh here's something for zoo confessionals - Sometimes I feign ignorance or vagueness about a topic to help get a conversation going :reject:

brettig said:
I don't get quizzed much at all, but some people do say 'yeah he's got a degree in U2...' :wink:

can i major in zoo tv theory? ;)

Last edited:
brettig said:
Zoo TV and Lemon Scented Media Studies is the full title...apply to the University of Lovetown.

:lol:

do they have a minor in kitch, camp, and popart?

Tech said:
Nobody tries to quiz me around here because nobody knows much about the band. That sucks!! Must find people who like good music!!!

Same here. :(.

Billy Mays...ooohhh...people should know better-that is such an insult to U2...

Tell them that this is the way to tell the difference between the two:

U2 has talent, and good songs.

*N Sync does not have either of those things.

Mirrorball Girl-LOL, that's funny!

My mom asks questions every so often-not so much about U2 in general, but about Bono in particular. She found it really impressive when I told her that Bono's stayed with the same woman for 20 years...

And then when she found out how many kids he has, she's like, "How does he find the time to have so many kids?"

Schmeg, that comment about the girls-:lol:!

Angela

Back
Top Bottom