Do you feel your age?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most days I feel younger than my years :up:

I just got home from a concert where I danced all night in new shoes. I now have blisters on the bottoms of both feet. Consequently, I am feeling every single year and a few more.

: ouch:

I am 29. I felt my age when my sister and I went to see The Killers last Sunday. The show was at USF (University of South Florida), so a lot of college kids were around when we were waiting in line to go in.

I looked around and felt completely out of place, realizing I'm not in the average "college student" age bracket anymore :sad:.

kellyahern said:
I am 29. I felt my age when my sister and I went to see The Killers last Sunday. The show was at USF (University of South Florida), so a lot of college kids were around when we were waiting in line to go in.

I looked around and felt completely out of place, realizing I'm not in the average "college student" age bracket anymore :sad:.

I feel your pain, dear:( I was invited out with some younger co workers of mine to a bar I had never been too...Why did I not see this comming?? It was a collage bar:eyebrow: None of the guys had pants on that fit them proprerly and none the gals tops covered there belly button:huh: I felt so out of place because I had on a dress and very nice shoes...not to mention the fact that I am almost a decade older than all of the ppl there:rolleyes:

I never felt my age, at any age, I don't believe.
(I didn't feel "old". I just ....... never felt "like a young kid")

But I'm getting better... I'm feeling happier.
I never enjoyed being young. I'm meeting in the middle though - getting older and learning to enjoy things more simultaneously.

ugh!...I played Volleyball last Monday (For 2 1/2 hrs)....and I'm still sore.......blah!

I guess i did not warm up as much as I should have.

One thing I should mention is that this is certainly the most mature forum I've ever been on, it's amazing. :up:

I'm 16. Sometimes I feel six. Sometimes I feel sixty. Though some drunk at a party said I looked 24 (and that was two years ago), so I guess I felt honoured. :eyebrow:

I feel more tired after a long night in a club. Generally I have come to value sleep a lot. I just like to sleep :) Knowing that I will always go out, also will be jumopin around :dance: in the clubs when I am 50; just for the music (anyway producers are allowed to do that without appearing uncool).

Sometimes my back hurts. Yes, and my stomach is not what it once was; with 20 I could eat a pack of snips and drink a litre of Cola for lunch, if I do that now, it wont feel good the next day.

I hope my lungs are still ok :reject:

Yeah, yeah, not gettin any younger here. Full of energy, like always, but more selective where I put my energy. I´m 31, and ok-shonally my body tells me my lifestyle is not very healthy.

I'm 27, but I feel like a kid in a world full of grown ups sometimes. I can't help it... Some of my friends are getting married, have kids etc and I just can't even imagine me being in that position. I'm so not ready for all of that... I just want to have fun at the moment.

I'm 16 and I feel older than I am. Am I REALLY that abnormal not to like 50 cent and Justin Timberlake? Is it horrible that I like to read actual books or talk about politicts or movies or ANYTHING except "how hot this one guy is"?
Let's just say that I wasn't one of the popular gals. I didn't mind though..

I'm 21... act like a 10 year old.. think like a 35...

and in the summer (january, february) I was asked THRICE (because of how I look) if I was 14...

:shifty:

:dance: :dancing: :lock:

Geez you people are young--I will be 49 next week. People say I look 10 years younger. My daughter is 24 and sometimes people ask if we are sisters. I'm in good shape, keep active, try to think pleasant thoughts most of the time. I wouldn't mind being 30 again. That was a good age.

RedrocksU2 said:
I'm 37.........but I only feel it when I play sports......jumping and running...

:lol: :huh:

Almost 36, I usually feel older physically but in my mind I am still 17 ;)

Like Alice Cooper said, "I've got a baby's brain and an old man's heart"

I feel about 55 years old mentally, and about 22 physically. My vitamins are so good at keeping me young. :sexywink:

Melon

GibsonGirl said:
How are you supposed to feel when you're eighteen? :slant:

.....well, when I was 18 I thought I knew everything, EVERYTHING. Then I looked forward to turn 21 and it seemed like an eternity to get there.......

I turn 21........blink my eyes and I'm suddenly a Thirtysomething guy.......:huh: .........and then I feel 18 again.

Age is only a number :sexywink: We are as young (or old) as we choose to feel.

P.S. RR-all teens know everything. Know this for when your kids turn that evil age. Then you lose it as you age. My son is 19-1/2, he is already beginning to lose some knowledge already haha....

Mr. BAW said:
I'm 54; hanging out with the likes of you kids make me feel like I'm 25 which puts me 13 years younger than my wife...:wink: and all that that entails....:yes:

Thanks Mr BAW.....I was thinking I was the oldest one here at 48 but you got me beat. I have always felt younger than my age. I feel about 35.....the high school sports (basketball, track, softball, field hockey) and years on swim teams have caught up with me and the weight and arthritis constantly bicker so I often feel my age physically. Otherwise I feel great. Like everyone, I have good and not so good days but I just deal with them. It's part of life growing older gracefully.

I'm 27 but I don't feel it at all. I'm probably the youngest 27 year old ever. No aches or anything like that. I can still sit like a little kid with my knees together and legs out to the side with my butt on the floor.:laugh: I seem to be way more intune with younger people than any of my freinds my age. I don't knwo. I just don't feel anywhere near my age yet I don't feel like an 18 year old or anything like that either. I can gauge myself in the summer when I coach at the local hockey school. Most of the instructors are Junior, NCAA, and even pro players. I know I'm in shape and shit when I can out run, out push up and basically out fitness them. especially the 18-21 year olds. I love beating them. Makes me feel "young":wink: Also come Friday my "second wind" starts kicking into high gear by noon. I'm always ready to go out and have some fun. I haven't grown out of that yet.

Someone mentioned they felt old when they went to see The Killers. I'll admit I felt the same way when I saw them in Edmonton. I swear it seemed more like a highschool dance and I was supposed to be a chaperone. :laugh:

Last edited:
I feel old. sometimes I feel old enough to be dead. I'm living on borrowed years
and they're passing so painfully slow
just let me go

Martha, you took the words right out of my mouth. :laugh: I've got 2 years on you! I'm also starting to make old lady "OOF!" noises when I stand up or sit down. Tho people tell me I don't look my age, and I KNOW for a fact I don't act my age, sometimes I also forget.

It's bad enough getting older, but when you're a woman with the whole hormonal thing goin' on..."senior moments" (and other things) abound. :rolleyes:

Carek1230 and Mr. BAW...we're definitely a small club. :up:

martha said:
I'm 43 and when I get out of bed or stretch in the morning, I hear a stupid drum solo from my bones. It's harder to keep the weight off, and I really have a hard time staying up past 11:00.

But I sometimes forget how old I am. Literally.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:
How are you supposed to feel when you're eighteen? :slant:

Godlike:wink:

:shrug:

Honestly i don't feel so much different than from when i was 10:huh:

Either i was a very mature 10 year old or i am a very immature 18 year old. Though i am told i am older personality wise than most:eyebrow:

My aim is to remain child-like, seeing the world with awe and wonder...to still be able to have fun and imaginative with small things...to still dream and all.

You don't want to be childish though...sefishness, disrespect...me me me me kinda thing..

I am blabbering:hmm:

:wink: Not at all...I would like to become wiser and stay looking youthful for at least 20 more years!!! Is that to much to ask?:huh:

I'm 16 and I act like the age I'm supposed to act, but look like I'm still in junior high. My mind feels like it's waaay older than 16 and has matured faster than those around my age.. :huh:
It gets tough being around my friends who haven't fully reached their true potential in 'maturity'. It's complicated to have debates, discussions, or any serious conversations with them. :|

But then again, I've been told by all of my friends that they think I'm born in the wrong decade anyways :)

If I were born ten years earlier... pfffbt. I coulda been at the ZooTV tour then :hyper: :wink:

Dulce de Leche said:

In terms of physical shape, I definitely notice that running is harder now and I cannot run 8 miles a day no problem like I did in high school. And it's easier to gain weight (prob. because I am not running 8 miles a day) :|

haha as I'm only a teenager, I don't feel that old, and btw I'm in cross country, a P.E. class that starts before school does (like an hour before 1st period), and the only girl in my strength/conditioning class, and we had fitness testing today in all except for c.c but I ran with them so i could have easily done 8 miles today...but I sure do feel like I'm 80 after all that because I so sore...last night I fell asleep eating dinner, I was so exhausted.

But talking to all you 20-50 years olds makes me feel mature. But all you guys (and girls) don't seem old to me :wink:

Back
Top Bottom