Do people smoke pot at U2 shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People near me were smoking it at the Madison, WI Zoo TV show back in 1992. That might be why I hardly remember the concert.

a biker-lookin guy was smokin away in San Jose 4/9 in the ellipse about 4th row by edge. the security guy in front of me knew about it and smiled at the guy and told him to stop, but he didn't really care. :wink:

I hope we will be in Amsterdam....
I wouldn't light up in a show indoors these days....I'm not getting kicked out of a U2 show. I partake before the show.

I damn well hope not. I'm going to see U2, not to smell someone else's garbage.

At PoPMart in Dallas, blunts were being passed down the rows. :) Also, I've been toking at every U2 show I've been too. See lots of people doing it as well. Gonna get some shrooms for the next Dallas show.

Axver said:
I damn well hope not. I'm going to see U2, not to smell someone else's garbage.

I agree. That's the one thing I hate about live shows... Pot smells like vomit, so I therefore feel like I'm going to vomit when I smell it. It ruins the experience completely. :yuck:

If someone's smoking it at the 12-09 show in Toronto, they'd better not be in the section I'm in. :angry: The seats are far away as it is, so I'd rather not have the situation get any worse by having a few druggies lighting up around me. But if they do, I guess there's nothing I can do but hope security will come around...

at every U2 show I've been to (on the floor and in the stands) people are smoking pot. They were definitely smoking it at SJ1. I was on the floor, over by Adam, and I definitely smelled it a few times.

It was definitely in the air when I saw Black Sabbath, but my sniffer didn't detect any at U2 (PopMart).

i wonder if the band notices all the pot smoke going on it GA
maybe Bono gets high of all that second hand smoke while he's walking around the catwalk

haha i love some of the judgemental comments around here. its a rock show. unless, of course, because its u2 it has to be PC and squeaky clean...

the only reason i don't spark up at the show is out of courtesy to those around me that wouldn't like the smell. you won't get high off of secondhand.

therefore, i will either toke up before hand or consume it orally in one fashion or another, being much more discreet about it.

elfyx said:
the only reason i don't spark up at the show is out of courtesy to those around me that wouldn't like the smell. you won't get high off of secondhand.

Which is what everyone should be thinking. Whenever I smell pot at a concert, it ruins my experience cos I get nauseous. Thank YOU for being considerate, and curse those asses at The Who's concert!

elfyx said:

the only reason i don't spark up at the show is out of courtesy to those around me that wouldn't like the smell.

I wish more people would do that. It smells terrible!

In Albany in 2001 Bono was begging the tarts in the heart to stop - listen to the concert as he says something like "smoking hurts" in one of the songs. He was real ill that night - I was at the tip of the heart on his boot trying to lift him up...it does ruin it for me...to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom