Did you see Bono around Boston recently??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
So Saturday morning I read this in the newspaper:

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=187591

Bono moves in mysterious ways - right here!
By Gayle Fee
Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bono has been bopping around Boston for the past couple of days, acting like a regular tourist on holiday and surprising the heck out of a lot of locals who have had close encounters with the U2 frontman.

“He couldn’t have been nicer,” said one barfly who ran into the Irish rocker at the Beantown Pub on Thursday night. “He was just in there having a pint, but when word got around, the girls were like three deep.”

Yesterday Bono grabbed eggs and coffee at Donna’s Restaurant in East Boston after he told his driver he was hungry and the chauffeur suggested the neighborhood joint.

“They knew right where to take him for a late breakfast,” said Someone Who Was There.

And Friday was a Beautiful Day for guitarist Dave Wade, who ran into Bono while standing on the street near St. Anthony’s Shrine downtown.

“I was on my way to play a gig and I had my guitar on,” he said. “This big SUV pulled up, the window rolled down and Bono leaned out and said ‘Are you pretty good on that thing?’ I told him, ‘Yeah, I try my best. I’m playing a gig at St. Anthony’s if you want to come and hear me.’ ”

Bono couldn’t but asked if the job was a good one.

“I said, ‘Yeah, it’s a good, steady gig,’ and he said, ‘Music’s a good job if you can get the work.’ ”

Well! He should know!

Bono was reportedly on the reservation list at Strega in the North End last night and has told some of his new Boston buddies that he plans to catch one of the Pogues’ shows. (He and Shane MacGowan, the Irish folk-punk band’s frontman, are buds.)

Bono is also rumored to be popping by pal Dave Kavanaugh’s Celtic Woman show at the Wang Theatre tonight.

“I heard that, but I haven’t spoken to him,” Kavanaugh said. “I suppose I’d better call him.”

And I'm a bit miffed cause Donna's in East Boston is 1/2 mile from my office, and I had breakfast there with the boss Thursday. I say to the wife this is odd cause the Herald had a Bono sighting back in January at the Museum of Fine Arts...why all the time here?...

Then today's paper has this:

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=187882

Did he fool U2? Double takes all over for Bono lookalike
By Laurel J. Sweet
Monday, March 12, 2007 - Updated: 12:32 AM EST

Don’t hate Pavel Sfera because he’s beautiful.

Blessed with the luck of the Irish, this 41-year-old native of Yugoslavia, a professional dead ringer for U2 bleeding heart Bono, twisted the Hub into a four-leaf clover this weekend. Replete with blue eyes behind strawberry sunglasses, Sfera kicked back in the Dublin band’s adopted home after playing a private party and wound up treated “Even Better Than the Real Thing.”

“I don’t walk around with the thought, ‘I’m Bono, I’m Bono.’ I just have this genetic thing going on,” Sfera opined over hash browns yesterday at Lincoln’s Landing in Swampscott, where he graciously endured being mobbed by besotted Bono fans before his coffee had been refilled.

One woman apologized, telling Sfera she couldn’t stop shaking.

“I have a lot of fun with this because people love the man. It’s a cottage industry of silliness,” said Sfera, a Chicago musician with the chops to challenge his more famous likeness. “I get hugged every day by men and women alike. Every day. And I’m really humbled by it.”

He proved so convincing the Herald’s Inside Track was flooded with Bono sightings, leading to a report in Saturday’s paper.

Sfera, one of 11 children who moved to America when he was 3, may be a Bono knockoff, but with looks like these and a gift for the Gaelic gab, he doesn’t come cheap. He gets $1,000 up front. All travel and living expenses are extra.

But if you ask nice, as we did while tooling around Chinatown yesterday in a white BMW, he’ll run into a parking garage for the acoustics and burst into opera.

Fluent in multiple languages, Sfera makes a point of paying attention to the wallflowers who flock around him because, “I know what it’s like to be pushed aside for the shinier coin.”

Unlike most rock-and-roll gods, dressing as Bono is easy. “I have 10 black V-neck T-shirts, four pairs of black jeans and 20 pairs of black socks,” Sfera said, laughing.

“The great thing about my gig is (Bono’s) a little scruffy. He’s been known to take commerical flights in coach, doesn’t travel with an entourage. I get away with walking around doing nothing because it’s so possible that it’s really him.”

Sfera and Bono have never come face to face, though, as the two men share the same passion for politics and the arts, he says, “I’d like to meet him just to talk shop.”

Asked what Bono’s harshest criticism of his imitation would likely be, Sfera laughed. “He’d probably say, ‘I don’t wear those earrings.’ ”
Check the photo in the link...the guy looks pretty damn identical to our favorite singer.

Funny stuff.

:no:
It's moneydiggin' Pavel again.

He doesnt' really look like Bono and yes, he DOES think he IS Bono and enjoys misleading people :sick:

You can read about it here (last pages):
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171461&pagenumber=3

Here are his upcoming appearances:
05.10.07 Perpetual Help Home, Inc, Victoria, TX

04.21.07 private function, Rehoboth, DE

04.20.07 Jen & Zito(tentative), 104.5 FM, Boston MA

04.17.07 private function, New Jersey, NJ

04.08.07 Horizon Park Chapel, San Diego, CA

03.24.07 private function, Carlsbad, CA

03.22.07 private function, Las Vegas, NY

03.19.07 private function, Las Vegas, NV

03.17.07 Hooley's Irish Pub & Grill, San Diego, CA

03.17.07 Art of Walls, San Diego, CA

Hewson said:

Check the photo in the link...the guy looks pretty damn identical to our favorite singer.

:lmao: not to be mean or anything,but this guy looks NOWHERE like Bono!

:wink: and for the millionth time, Bono has short hair...

Bono is a colourless creature, white/pinkish.... this guy is from eastern european descent... and he is tanned...

Re: Re: Did you see Bono around Boston recently??

Galeongirl said:

:lmao: not to be mean or anything,but this guy looks NOWHERE like Bono!

But if you are an average person on the streets and not a fanatic, this guy could definitely be mistaken for Bono.

Re: Re: Re: Did you see Bono around Boston recently??

Hewson said:
But if you are an average person on the streets and not a fanatic, this guy could definitely be mistaken for Bono.
exactly, and that's what pisses me off about him! he LETS them think he's Bono.....

//attentionwhore//

:barf:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Did you see Bono around Boston recently??

Galeongirl said:

exactly, and that's what pisses me off about him! he LETS them think he's Bono.....

//attentionwhore//

:barf:
He doesn't SAY he's Bono, but he doesn't say he's NOT Bono = lying by omission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom