Denver #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So were the same sections curtained off on night 2? Was it the half empty nightmare scenario some were predicting? Was there a giant clusterfuck of ticket relocations? I heard similar stories from a recent Stones gig of mass relocations.

So were the same sections curtained off on night 2? Was it the half empty nightmare scenario some were predicting? Was there a giant clusterfuck of ticket relocations? I heard similar stories from a recent Stones gig of mass relocations.

I honestly think it was more the view from these areas being severely restricted with the screen etc, as people have said the shows where listed as sold out pretty early

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hey does anyone know how we can get the audio stream of the show last night?

The fact that I won't have to sit through shite such as glasvegas again makes me less pissed about lack of support act, they where beyond awful

I had Florence + The Machine, which was great. But yes, I'm glad there isn't one as well.

I would like to apologize for being so crabby last night. I know people are as sick of complaining about the complainers as they are about the complaints themselves.

(But y'all are sometimes seriously ridiculous with some of the over-the-top stuff: "worthless," "beyond pathetic." I mean, come on now.)

U2 gonna U2, and it is what it is.

I promise to do my best going forward to keep my eye-rolling and snarky comments to be only in gif form. Because that's more entertaining. :wink:

I would like to apologize for being so crabby last night. I know people are as sick of complaining about the complainers as they are about the complaints themselves.

(But y'all are sometimes seriously ridiculous with some of the over-the-top stuff: "worthless," "beyond pathetic." I mean, come on now.)

I promise to do my best going forward to keep my eye-rolling and snarky comments to be only in gif form. Because that's more entertaining. :wink:

:tsk: This comment is worthles and beyond pathetic.

s3zhniq29m7ikkubvpx5_zps2mmsien1.gif

To right, and it's getting to a point where I am actually worried about posting in a thread because I will just get the "oh here he is being all positive again" bollocks, but yet it's totally ok for people to come into thread after thread and post how awful they thing everything is, heck I am staying totally clear of setlist parties in general this tour because IMO the whole mood is being brought right down, but yet you watch videos of the concerts and you see a totally different picture for the most part! Heck even during MW at Denver 1 with the whole Bono and Adam laying down thing.

But nope it's all shit

I'm trying to even out negative and positive posts. Guess it just depends on the topic. :wink: I can be cranky at times, yeah. But if someone wants to claim I'm not able to be positive anymore, I'll happily direct you to the posts right after Miracle Drug was confirmed at rehearsal.

And for anyone who thinks I'm all positive sunshine and unicorns, I did have a post suggesting where a better spot for Beautiful Day might be in the set. :wink:

I was at both Denver shows and agree that we got fucked, on several levels. Bono's stage hand gave us a copy of the set list last night, and they were supposed to play Bad in between BD and WOWY. I'm guessing there was something slotted there for Denver 1 too, but they decided not to do it. After being in LA and hearing Bad into WOWY, then AiWIY into WOWY., this was a huge letdown. One was a complete disaster and I agree they need a new closer. Walk On, perhaps? Still enjoyed all the amazing moments from the rail at the B stage.

Yeah what is up with this new arrangement of "one"? I agree the song was getting a bit stale, but at this point I wish they'd just go back to the old way. At least they knew how to do it!

During One at LA5 Bono barely sang the song he kept pointing to the crowd to sing. Not sure if he was overcome with emotion, totally exhausted, or if he just completely drew a blank on the words. I haven't heard the tape yet so hard to say exactly but it was pretty bizarre. Thoroughly enjoyed the show but One was not among the bright spots.

I was at both Denver shows and agree that we got fucked, on several levels. Bono's stage hand gave us a copy of the set list last night, and they were supposed to play Bad in between BD and WOWY.

I would be really sad if I was at the show and a song was on the setlist, but not played. Would be even more gutted if it was Bad.

Yeah what is up with this new arrangement of "one"? I agree the song was getting a bit stale, but at this point I wish they'd just go back to the old way. At least they knew how to do it!

I actually enjoy the arrangement. It seems less of a dirge than it was on 360. It was necessary because no Bono on guitar.

I like the new arrangement of One, but I would love if Bono sang a few more lines, the crowd is singing more than half of the song. It wasn't that bad during 360°.

At the rail on B stage last night, we saw the stage hand drop all the lyrics to the songs that they tape on the floor for Bono. All the usual songs were there, Elevation, Volcano, When Love Comes to Town, Ordinary Love. But also in the pile was One. So maybe he does forget the words to One. Seems crazy, but it would explain a lot.

At this point, Bono's forgotten so many things you would think he'd remember backwards in Swahili that I won't be shocked if one day he's introducing the band and yells out: "and I am ..." *looks down at teleprompter* "... The Edge!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom