December 9th Honolulu Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a bunch of photos obviously from my spot where I got that shot of the girl, now known to me as Maddy. I'll sort through more of them once I'm back in Phoenix tomorrow.

The woman brought on stage for Mysterious Ways / WOWY wasn't part of any Interference entourage - She was next to me with just a couple of her friends. They and my friend with me had been talking most of the night. I can't recall her name but email addresses were swapped since I got a lot of photos of her with Bono.

Bono appeared to be looking right at me when he sang, "On your knees boy" and half chuckled. Not entirely sure about that. :)

hawaii16.jpg

hawaii14.jpg

hawaii15.jpg

hawaii13.jpg

ArizonaGuy said:
I've got a bunch of photos obviously from my spot where I got that shot of the girl, now known to me as Maddy. I'll sort through more of them once I'm back in Phoenix tomorrow.

The woman brought on stage for Mysterious Ways / WOWY wasn't part of any Interference entourage - She was next to me with just a couple of her friends. They and my friend with me had been talking most of the night. I can't recall her name but email addresses were swapped since I got a lot of photos of her with Bono.

Bono appeared to be looking right at me when he sang, "On your knees boy" and half chuckled. Not entirely sure about that. :)

She would love these pics!! Her name on interference is Lila64 (Maddy's mom). If you could PM her about the pics I know she would be thrilled to death.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

She would love these pics!! Her name on interference is Lila64 (Maddy's mom). If you could PM her about the pics I know she would be thrilled to death.

I was going to say that. They will be thrilled is right! She will definately see this thread at some point and want to get in contact!

ArizonaGuy said:

:ohmy:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I talked to Lila throughout the day and also talked to her once she got inside the stadium. They were a 2 or 3 rows back on adam's b stage. A friend of mine that was there and on the rail let maddy get in front of him on the rail and Bono saw her immediately! Lila also texted me when it happened! I AM SO OVER THE MOON ABOUT THIS! Haven't talked to them today cuz they were flying back to LA but I am sure Lila will show soon and fill ya all in.:wink:

That's so awesomely :cool: that your friend let Maddy stand in front!

:up:

ArizonaGuy said:

Great picture, Arizona Guy!

Very :happy: for Lila & Maddy!!!

edited:

to add: another pic with Maddy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/u2logcom/318962318/in/pool-u2log/

Last edited:
Barely awake here, just got back from Hawaii. Thank you all for the well wishes. We are just so over the moon, you cannot believe.

Best. Show. Ever.

That is indeed my daughter ArizonaGuy, and if you can contact me somehow, I'd love to get copies of Maddy's pics, and any others you might wish to share. You can PM here or email me at: madeleinesmom@yahoo.com

Maddy will probably post her story tomorrow. I know there's more pics out there, but many people are still in Hawaii and possibly can't upload til they return.

Amy - we need to talk! I :love: ya!!! Your friend is AWESOME and we shared the biggest hug after the show :hug: Miroslava was right behind him with Michelle the whole evening. I was to the right of them by about 4-6 people, with Liesje & GotPhilk. Incredible night :faint:

I have a crappy digitial camera, as I found out from others there. I still tried to take some shots, and will upload them soon. I have some on my cameraphone too, but need to buy the accessories in order to download/upload them. Got a good one I think of Bono crawling towards the mic when he has the fire lit for BTBS. (Or maybe the fire wasn't lit yet, I can't remember).

:hyper: x infinity.

This show was crazy. I'm both elated and totally depressed that it's over!

I tried not to take too many photos this time. If I let myself, I end up looking at the whole show through the LCD screen, and that's just dumb. There were a few moments where I made eye contact with Bono and I just couldn't stand to ruin it by whipping out the camera.

I took a few though and some turned out okay. I'll post some now and some more tomorrow after I (hopefully) get some sleep and make it to class. I got back from Hawaii tonight and I'm exhausted.

I was second row at Adam's b-stage. Lila, you were right behind me and a couple people to the right, I believe. I remember seeing you and Maddy. Congrats to both of you! I was so happy to see her get pulled up.

It was a good night to be on Adam's side. He had a huge smile on his face the whole show and was acting quite playful. :love:

These aren't in any order, by the way. Somehow they got jumbled and I can't be bothered to straighten them out. :huh:

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

This is the guy who got to play Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

More tomorrow if anyone's interested. :wink:

That last pic is a great Bono with fan moment. :wink:

They're ALL wonderful, especially the close ups of Bono.

Thanks so much for sharing.:dancing:

Any more of those U2/Pearl Jam pics? :drool:
Did Eddie go on the extended stage at all?

I'm not sure if Hans is a member over here, too. Here are a few pictures he took of Rocko and the Devils.

biggrin.jpg

rockout.jpg

saywhat.jpg

It was great that Rocko got a chance to be in the spotlight after all the hard work he does behind the scenes! :rockon:

Great :camera: Mads! Why didn't you say hello!!! If you have a photo of yourself, PM or email me. I want to know which woman you were. :hyper:

And as far as T-Dan goes, Bono motioned to someone (him) to come up. It was all of about 10-15 seconds at the most. And you can see them both smiling in the photo.

And for Rocko, he looked like he was just having a blast living out a Rock N Roll fantasy. It was fun. They ended with 'I Wanna Be Sedated'. And even the roadies had roadies :giggle:

Hi everyone! this is Maddy :happy: My mom said I earned a name on here :wink: I am going to start a new thread to post my story! Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and for being so happy for me. I am still on Cloud 9! :heart:

Lots of Love,
Maddy

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
Hi everyone! this is Maddy :happy: My mom said I earned a name on here :wink: I am going to start a new thread to post my story! Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and for being so happy for me. I am still on Cloud 9! :heart:

Lots of Love,
Maddy

Hi Maddy :hug:

so glad you had a good time. Welcome to the board!

BonosLil'Pal94 said:

Lots of Love,
Maddy

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MADDY WTG!!!!!!!!!!! SWEETIE!!!

Can't wait to read about ur story soon! I'm so so happy for you words can't express it!! :hug: :wave:

thanks so much guys! :hug: I feel like I've been on the board for about a year LOL :laugh:

I wish we were still having setlist parties; those were fun while my mom was out at the show heehee :wink:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom