Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spoke too soon, the snow just started here in Columbus. We are supposed to get up to five inches, but the weather guys often get over-excited and are wrong. For the sake of anyone on their way through here, I hope they're very wrong.

Time to find some dinner!

Correction -- U2 Cover Band, "Zoo Station" is playing SATURDAY night after the Show at the Mercury Lounge. Just talked to the manager there -- wanted to make sure I had my facts straight!

In this case, don't think I'll be going, as the sweet sounds of Bono's voice will still be in my head!

See you in line!

100% confirmed: Phil and I will be there! Seats, sec. 229, thanks to Interferencer Joanne (jobob) who gave up her tickets at face value and overnight shipped them to me! :bow:

I'd love to swing by and say hi to y'all in the GA line, but it will depend on the time/mood/weather.

i know some of you are wondering what the setlist will be, and i don't know if this is any indication, but last time they were here (May 3, 2001) this was what they played:

-Elevation
-Beautiful Day
-Until the End of the World
-New Year's Day
-Kite
-New York
-I Will Follow
-Sunday Bloody Sunday
-Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
-In A Little While
-Desire
-Stay (Faraway, So Close)
-Bad/Ruby Tuesday
-Where the Streets Have No Name

sorry i typed too soon, here's the remainder:

-Mysterious Ways
-The Fly
-Bullet the Blue Sky
-With Or Without You
-Pride (In the Name of Love
-One/I Remember You
-Walk On

and i know they did "40" somewhere in there, i just can't remember where

OH my LORD it's cold here.

In INDiana o fcourse :wink:

I think all my plans are set... now i've jst got to wait :hyper:

ERg how am I gonna keep mom in that line all day?

I looked at their set list for the 7th....they merged into Do they know it's Christmas it says...........:)

ERG! I meant to say Happy Christmas (War is Over) sorry :bow:

Last edited:
SethVincent said:
Merge onto I-70 E toward COLUMBUS. 52.0 miles
Merge onto I-270 N via EXIT 93B toward CLEVELAND. 17.5 miles Merge onto I-71 N via EXIT 26B toward CLEVELAND. 129.2 miles I-71 N becomes I-90 E. 1.0 miles
Merge onto US-422 W / OH-14 W / OH-8 W / OH-87 N via EXIT 171B toward ONTARIO ST.

JD & Eng does this look ok to U2 ?

See any *problem* areas ?

Vincent

P.S. I am considering giving U2 my cell phone number just in case you run into any problems because both of you will be ahead of me in leave time. I just was not sure if I should post it here.

Yeah, Seth, that looks about right. My second time to Cle I had Mapquest directions and we ended up in the industrial part of town! I keep getting you and JD confused (sorry guys!) and can't remember which of ya is staying at the Key--if it's you, Seth, and you get lostish when getting off the freeway in Cle, just look for the tallest building--honestly--and start beelining for it. That's the hotel. They can help you get directions to the Q from there.

Um, I don't have a cell phone, but my sister does. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and PM me your #.

SNOW UPDATE!:
Um, it sucks huge butt outside. It started here in Dayton at around 4 or so, had an inch within the hour. I left work at 4:30...drove home at about 10mph and slid all over! EEK! Took me 45 minutes--usually only takes 20. It is still snowing and there are maybe 3 or 4 inches out there already (it's 8 p.m. now). So BE CAREFUL those of you who are heading east right now.
I think our good mojo danced worked. Could you imagine if we were all driving to CLE in this??!! The boys will be briging the sun with them!

BonoInAKilt, Where are you in Cleveland? I can see downtown and its not snowing here... yet.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
100% confirmed: Phil and I will be there! Seats, sec. 229, thanks to Interferencer Joanne (jobob) who gave up her tickets at face value and overnight shipped them to me! :bow:

I'd love to swing by and say hi to y'all in the GA line, but it will depend on the time/mood/weather.

Yay! I'm happy for you guys. I was checking ticketmaster for you just in case. :up:

Hey kids.....

I just saw in the Cleveland Scene Magazine (our free news weekly) that Elevation (From Chicago) is playing at a club called Tequliia Ranch from 10:30-1:30am.

Are people meeting on Friday at the Hard Rock?

PartyGirl43

wow...we have all seriously calmed down since I started reading this thread.............................

*still frezzing here :wink:*

Does someone from Chicago/Northern Indiana want to compare driving directions with me? Just wanna double check that I'm getting there fine.

enggirl said:
can't remember which of ya is staying at the Key

My wife, son and I are staying at the Key, hope to get there sometime tomorrow evening between 6 and 8. Looks like the snow is done here, about 35 mins se of Dayton, not worried about the roads, they'll be fine. Geesh, tv news was treating this like it was a blizzard or something.

Directions look fine Seth.

Wow Partygirl, we're usually not on at the same time, things are about to get real confusing (points to display pic)

AndrewRnR said:
BonoInAKilt, Where are you in Cleveland? I can see downtown and its not snowing here... yet.

I'm on the west side of cleveland.

partygirl43 said:
Hey kids.....

I just saw in the Cleveland Scene Magazine (our free news weekly) that Elevation (From Chicago) is playing at a club called Tequliia Ranch from 10:30-1:30am.

Are people meeting on Friday at the Hard Rock?

PartyGirl43

yes!! hard rock cafe at 8pm on friday!

I'll be there also. BIAKilt we met a couple of years ago at the Irish Festival with Anita.

Seth
I71 turns into a combo I71/I90. Follow the downtown signs. I stay on that til Ontario.

The Q is now saying the line is on Huron. If you stay on the parking garage side of the street on sixth you are technically not on Q property and are out of the wind and protected. Miro show your map again please.

We had to stay on that side of the road for a previous GA line til they allowed us on the property. I wouldn't stay there by myself (it's kinda an alley vibe) but a group would be cool.

Scarletwine said:
I'll be there also. BIAKilt we met a couple of years ago at the Irish Festival with Anita.

Seth
I71 turns into a combo I71/I90. Follow the downtown signs. I stay on that til Ontario.

The Q is now saying the line is on Huron. If you stay on the parking garage side of the street on sixth you are technically not on Q property and are out of the wind and protected. Miro show your map again please.

We had to stay on that side of the road for a previous GA line til they allowed us on the property. I wouldn't stay there by myself (it's kinda an alley vibe) but a group would be cool.

oh we definitely did meet at the irish festival! lol crazyness. you're going to the hard rock?

Starsgoblue,

Yes, we're driving up from Columbus on Saturday sometime. I also have another friend who is driving separately (we are staying overnight in Cleveland, but he will be returning to Columbus). Again, he's driving up Saturday. How about you? (Feel free to PM me if you want.)

Weather update from Columbus: the snow has stopped, at least for now. I don't have the official statistics for you, but it looks like two inches to me. My aunt in Cincinnati says they also got snow there.

BonoInAKilt said:

oh we definitely did meet at the irish festival! lol crazyness. you're going to the hard rock?

Definitely would love too see you and everyone again. I have a my niece with me (16) and U2 fanatic, but she can drink soda:wink:

deweyluvsu2 said:
thanks for all the great line-up info... i plan to get there as soon as I can drag my husband out of bed! (this is my first show with GA tkts) How many of you are going to the Mercury Lounge Friday night to see the U2 cover band?

Is this Fri night or Sat?

Here's the satellite map

I didn't realize there was a basketball game tomorrow...

So now they're saying Huron for the line up? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom