daylight saving time - US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think everyone should just set their clocks back twice a year so we never lose an hour of sleep.

It'd only take...what, 12 years to go back to the correct time? :shrug:

my ex thought that daylight savings time was part of some big government conspiracy. :|

:coocoo:

I hate this time of year. Well at least one of my clocks will be right again for I never changed it last time.

I have this notion that every "daylight savings" time we should just go back one hour. That way we always get an extra hour of sleep and eventually those working graveyard shifts will get to work during the daylight and vice versa. Everyone gets a fair shake. This will be part of my platform when I run for president.:wink:

:der: ok so I know it's "spring ahead fall behind" and all but I completely got it backwards and thought I was gaining an hour not losing one so I stayed at my friends house a lot later than I should have and now it's almost 4:00 AM :mad: :mad: :mad:

Popmartijn said:
Finally the time is correct again on this board.
:)

It was off by one hour for the past week. :madspit:

I never notice the time here, I don't pay attention to things like that

I love daylight savings time!!!!!!!! Light until 9; can stay outside now!!!!!!! :hyper:

i hate losing the hour of sleep, but i love that it's light out until 8.30-ish. it means spring is almost here, which is a very good thing.

:up:

i don't mind it...but i woke up late because i forgot about it :der:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i really hate daylight saving time :mad: :rant:

Other than losing an hour of sleep in April, how can you possibly hate it?

It gives an extra hour of day at the END of the day. In other words, instead of coming home from work on a warm July day at 7 p.m. and realizing it's already dark out, it's still perfectly light. Gives you time to do things outside, whether that be mowing the lawn, walking the dog, going for ice cream, playing with kids, etc.

I think we should have Daylight Savings year round. I don't like it getting dark at 4:30 p.m in December! :madspit:

lmjhitman said:
my ex thought that daylight savings time was part of some big government conspiracy. :|

:coocoo:

Hi!

I always thought it was a "farmer" thingy.....about what time the roosters got up and saw the sun???

carol
wizard2c
:|

it'll take me a month to get used to the change, and by then i'll be in poland coping with a 7 hour difference.

is there any justice in this world?

IS THERE?!

At least we don't have to put up with double daylight savings time. :| Newfoundland tried that once, and it was still light at 11:00 PM.

The key is to change your clock before you go to bed. Because if you don't, then you wake up and you'll have to change it and seems like you lost an hour of sleep. But if you do it before you go to sleep...i dunno...it doesn't seem as bad.

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
I always thought it was a "farmer" thingy.....about what time the roosters got up and saw the sun???

actually, contrary to popular belief many farmers, and others whose schedules revolve around sunrise, dislike daylight saving time. it takes animals weeks to adapt to the time change, which can be very frustrating for farmers trying to maintain a schedule.

by pushing our clocks ahead an hour, we are essentially "making" the sun set an hour later, thus "saving" an hour of daylight and energy at the end of the day.

you know, i have two university degrees - one in the sciences and one in education. i tried explaining the whole daylight saving time concept to my ex-boyfriend many, many times. it always turned into this weird existential debate about how we can't just 'arbitrarily' go backwards and forwards in time. i finally just gave up. it had turned into a big joke and it was so infuriating trying to convince him otherwise. :rolleyes:

and gibson girl: DOUBLE daylight saving time?!?! :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom