Dancing With The Stars 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maks really blew it this week, I am so disappointed that he'd be such a whining crybaby and take what seems obviously a tiff between he and the judges or between he and Carrieann to the public on air like that. His apology was ridiculous also. He'd better shape up and remember he is NOT the God of dance! (Poor Brandy to have to suffer through that).

The junior dancers were amazing as was the young piano afficianado! What talent!!! :love:

Aw thanks ! :hug: I know it's just tv but it's not every season I really root for someone. I'm also pretty sad they didn't get a farewell video at the end of the show. Wth?? He was a great entertainer and I'm glad I had another chance to see him on a weekly basis again after he retired. :heart:
I'll be rooting for Kyle now

Totally understandable. I'm bummed when someone I like leaves, too. And it wasn't exactly like he was a slouch out there. He wasn't perfect, no, but who is? He was still a hell of a lot better than some people who've shown up on there. I was rooting for him partly on behalf of my dad-he was a Rams fan and thought Warner was a fantastic football player from the time he was with that team, and would've really enjoyed watching him on here, so bit of a sentimental reason there :heart:. And partly 'cause he's a fellow Iowan, too :wink:.

I didn't even think about them not having a farewell video for him. He should've had one, too, yeah! But like you said, at least you got to see him for a while, and he made it fairly far, so yay for that, at least.

I've always liked Kyle, too. Again, maybe not always the best technical dancer each week, but he goes out and has fun and seems like a nice kid and he and Lacey have a great chemistry, so I enjoy watching him. I really hope he manages to stick around for a while longer.

I know what you mean about feeling underachieving compared to those kids! Goodness ! They were great.

They were. I can't imagine learning/knowing how to do that stuff at such a young age. Amazing.

Angela

Bristol Palin: I Don't Think Many People Are Sick of Us Yet

Bristol believes it's her hard work that is keeping her alive.

"I think I've been doing so well on the show because I've improved a lot and people are seeing that."

After eight weeks of taking the stage, Bristol says it's finally hit her that the mirror ball trophy is in her grasp.

"This is the first week where I realize that there's only a few days left in this whole competition and it's realistic to think that it's in reach," she says.

"I work my butt off here," she said. "I rehearse every day. I am totally out of my element here. I think I deserve to be here."

bristol.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Bristol Palin insists her "Dancing" run is on the level - NYPOST.com

Yeah, real fair that Ms. "Not-Anywhere-Near-A-Good-Dancer" is STILL in the competition --- let alone, the final 4 !! :reject:

Now, if only there would have been some miraculous way to have STOPPED Sarah & the Tea Party from voting. :applaud:

Then wouldn't Bristol have been ELIMINATED (like she should have been anyway) right from the start?? :up:

Ohhhhhhhhh ... it's times like this that I wonder when is this show EVER gonna really be noted as a DANCE COMPETITION and not as a POPULARITY CONTEST!! :help:

I thought her comment in that background piece was very telling or very calculated "no disrespect to anyone here but I'm real, not fake like Hollywood people" (and to say "no disrespect"-well, um, that was disrespect to them). Just like her mother is "real" and not fake like all the other politicians and that's why so many people can relate to her. And all that crap about people calling her trashy when she got pregnant, that she had only slept with one guy. :rolleyes: TMI much for DWTS? Trying to portray yourself as a victim of the media and the "elitists", just like your mother, in order to get votes and win people over?

I voted for Kyle because I think he will be the next one to go before Bristol. Could be Brandy though too. Come on, she's been in the bottom two six times and last night was the ninth week. The comments from the judges about her waltz being "haunting" made me laugh. To me it was just weird and creepy. Isn't a waltz supposed to be flowing and romantic? I really have nothing against her personally but I just don't get it.

Bristol Palin wasn't voted off 'Dancing With the Stars' last week despite having the lowest score of the bunch, and now she tells In Touch Weekly that one of her costars has turned against her.

The magazine's press release follows:

Some viewers are criticizing Bristol Palin's longevity on this season's Dancing With the Stars, and according to the Alaskan beauty, certain fellow dancers are giving her the cold shoulder, as well! "Maks (Chmerkovskiy) does not like me. He thinks I don't deserve to be here because I'm not the best dancer," Bristol tells In Touch about contestant Brandy's professional partner. The reality star, who remains amongst the final four pairs on the ABC hit dancing competition series, thinks she even has a chance to win the mirror ball trophy. "The show is all about taking someone who has never performed, never danced and turning them into a dancer," she explains. "I guarantee I am the most improved. I really do work my butt off!"

You guys take this show too seriously. :lol:

I stopped caring about who wins these shows because Reality TV competitions are almost never about who is the best at something. It's a combo of their talent, charisma, likeability, fanbase, etc. You just have to watch for entertainment value, not justice. That's what sports are for, where the more talent usually comes out on top.

Do any of you watch many of these type of shows? There are always some stragglers who make it further than they should, or sometimes even make it to the end, at the expense of others. Michael Grimm won America's Got Talent this season, and he was clearly not the best act on the show, and not the best technical singer either. Was Lee Dewyze the best vocalist/performer on American Idol last year? Hell, speaking of, American Idol has dozens of situations like this. Sanjaya Malakar anyone? He made it to the TOP 7!!! And he was a 10 times worse singer than Bristol is a dancer. Taylor Hicks won the entire show because of his popularity. That's just how these shows are. So who cares if she wins or loses? No one even talks about Nicole Scherzinger winning last year anymore. It's just meant for entertainment and ratings.

I know all that, but Bristol and her Kate Gosselin-Paparazzi-scary-ass expressions still annoy the crap out of me :D. And if she wins over a dancer like Jennifer Grey I still think it's a joke. I won't lose sleep over it at all but I do. On the other hand I don't think it's fair when they have people like Nicole S on there and they win, because they're almost professional dancers :shrug:

Bristol is supposedly looking for a place in CA. I guess she thinks she'll parlay this into stardom. I forget how much they supposedly make for each week they stay on, maybe 25 or 50 grand?

This has always been a popularity contest

I gave up on this being legit many seasons ago

the women, young girl voters have skewed it in the past

stacey_keibler300x400.jpg

I remember when Stacy Keibler was cut over crappier dancers remaining
but if they were 'hot' guys no one seemed to care

it would be interesting to know who Bristol's voters are.

read-my-lipstick-a-palin-rally-in-st-louis.2603635.87.jpg

these guys are probably busy playing video games

I thought her comment in that background piece was very telling or very calculated "no disrespect to anyone here but I'm real, not fake like Hollywood people" (and to say "no disrespect"-well, um, that was disrespect to them).

That bit caught your attention, too, eh? I was sitting there hearing that and trying really hard not to roll my eyes.

Of course people sticking around long past the time they should be there is nothing new to reality shows, it's not surprising. It's just irritating sometimes (especially since, because Bristol's there, I have to hear her mom even more often than usual). But eh, well.

I do think she did a nice job last night with her dances. But she's been the most inconsistent of everyone left, so if we were to go based on that, one would think she'd be leaving tonight. Who knows, though. If she does leave, I honestly don't know who would be the winner. I have no problem believing it would be Derek and Jennifer, they were the ones to beat early on, but Brandy and Kyle have certainly started stealing some of the attention in recent times, so it wouldn't surprise me to see either of them win as well. I'd be happy with any one of the three winning, really. They're all incredibly good.

Angela

I think the final 2 couples are going to be Brandy and Maks against Jennifer and Derek and MY personal guess is that Jennifer and Derek will win the mirrorball trophy. I just have a feeling that a certain "someone" is smiling down from Heaven onto his good friend Jennifer bringing her good luck this season. Will this then be win #3 for Derek?

Can I just say that I'm not surprised 'one single bit' on the ending results. :tsk:

Although it is completely 'unbelievable' that it ended up happening ... I did pretty much figure on 'WHO' was going home, once it came down to Brandy vs. Bristol. :hmm:

Even though I didn't want Brandy to win "1st place" ... I am still disappointed she didn't get into the finals. Oh, and to add ... she DESERVED 'a spot' over Bristol. :up:

I still think Jennifer and Derek are going to win.

Goodness, I hope you are right as I too, want them to win it all. :applaud:

Although, with EVERYTHING that is KNOWN to happen on this show ... maybe we better NOT 'count our blessings' as of yet, and instead 'pray' for VICTORY !! :pray: :D

Last edited:
I dont feel like waiting. Am I hearing this right.. friggin Bristol is still in it???? :scream:

Yipee says:
November 16, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Brandy did not connect with the audience. Even though Bristol has been at the bottom the whole time, she has gone out there with a positive attitude and has done the best she can. She is not a performer, so I give her kudos for that. She is an everyday Josephine.

here is how her voters see it

I'm shocked that Bristol Palin has made it to the Finals! Brandy was definately much better and I agree with above altho i' not rooting for Brandy to win it, i was sure Bristol's dancing days were over tonite. Wow!

I can't watch Kimmel's show tonite nor access a device to record the show so could someone here who happens to catch Brandy and Maks on the show tonite report back here anything worth repeating or sharing that might be said? (altho sure since it's an ABC interview Brandy Maks and Kimmel will be sensored.

Back
Top Bottom