Dallas Schoo soundchecks "Zoo Station"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeSt

War Child
Now you know after a few years without a U2 performance, I just had to mention Dallas along with it. ;)

I read a review of the show and it said Dallas soundchecked "Zoo Station" prior to the TOTP show. Pretty odd, but prettycool too I thought.

MikeSt said:
Now you know after a few years without a U2 performance, I just had to mention Dallas along with it. ;)

I read a review of the show and it said Dallas soundchecked "Zoo Station" prior to the TOTP show. Pretty odd, but prettycool too I thought.

He also did a bit of Electric Co.

ZOO STATION ZOO STATION ZOO STATION ZOO STATION

C'mon guys, you know you want to play it.

Well, if it's being soundchecked then there's a good chance it will show up on the tour... *crosses fingers*

Just wondering where they'd fit it in the setlist. The lyrics might make it seem odd unless it either opened the show or opened an encore.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I'd love to see these nuggets pulled out of the bag:

The Electric Co.
Gloria
Seconds
The Unforgettable Fire
Exit
God Part II
Zoo Station
Last Night On Earth

Those songs would R-O-C-K!!!

ABSOLUTELY! I'd love to hear those!

By the way, folks, go play a Popmart bootleg. LNOE flows into UTEOTW, but use your imagination a little bit and you will realise the very end of LNOE would flow into Zoo Station very nicely.

Sleep Over Jack said:
Didn't "The Edge" post that they were gonna bring Zoo Station back for the tour? Curious...

I know, he also said they were rehearsing The Electric Co and Light My Way.... :hmm:

By the way this is great news. :hyper: Zoo Station and Teh Electric Co. again would be absolutely awesmoe!!! :up:

As much as I would enjoy hearing Zoo Station make a comeback for this tour, I don't think it would "please the masses". Of course, us U2 nuts, would go crazy, but your average U2 listener would rather have other tracks off of AB played (MW, UV, WGRYWH). I'm more interested in hearing something live that I've never heard live b4, either from AB or some treasure from the back catalouge.

I think the upcoming tour is gonna have a ton of songs. Here are my reasons: (enjoy)

1. U2 has been pretty vanilla for the past few tours and know the die hards are looking for a little variations.

2. U2 always tops the Stones on previous tours and the Stones were pulling all kinds of rare gems on the last tour. U2 took notice of this and Bono was seen at a few Stone shows.

3. Bono has been quoted of U2 mixing up the setlist.

Should be a grand tour. :drool:

It would be cool to hear Zoo Station again.

Phalanx said:
Well, if it's being soundchecked then there's a good chance it will show up on the tour... *crosses fingers*

Not really, Dallas messes around with alot of different riffs when he is tuning. Thats why its called a soundcheck. Doesnt mean the band will play it. Dallas checked The Fly riff several times at Popmart soundchecks and the band never even rehearsed it for that tour. Also, even if the band works on a song doesnt mean it will turn up. They worked on Two Hearts Beat As One on Elevation at souncheck and it was never played at a show.

My choice would be for Electric Co (it was my choice on the last tour also). I think it would work well live at this juncture and it would seem fresh now. Probebly wont be done though. I doubdt Seconds will ever be played again. Its a song about the cold war. How is that relevent today?

Blue Room, some folks on the site feel Seconds will make a comeback simply because of "the atomic bomb" lyric.

PERHAPS.......Remember when the Elevation shows concluded, the house lights went up as "Grace" was played over the loudspeakers? Perhaps we could be walking out listening to "Seconds" played over the PA.

Numb1075 said:
Blue Room, some folks on the site feel Seconds will make a comeback simply because of "the atomic bomb" lyric.

I doubdt it though. U2 are not going to play what would be considered by the masses an obscure song that wasnt a single simply because one lyric fits the new album title. The point of the song really has nothing to do with what the album title is about. So I dont think there is a connection even though ONE lyric is similiar.

My guess for PA music would be Yahweh actually or maybe the hidden instrumental track, a song from the new album that is mello that may not be done live. Not an obscure song from 20 years ago that really doesnt fit the theme anyway. I could be wrong about Seconds and I wouldnt mind if I was at all. But as I said I highly doubdt it.

Last edited:
Hey Blue Room, what other songs did U2 rehearse that they didn't play on Elevation tour?

I think it was you who told me about the lottery balls bouncing in the crowd during "The Playboy Mansion" at Popmart.

Blue Room, just to confirm, personally, I don't think the theme of Seconds would necessarily fit the new tour - but some folks do, due to the 1 lyric.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom