Dallas Schoo pic requst!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:ohmy:

I'm so used to having to find excuses to post them. :wink:

Does Dallas still check in with you once in awhile, Mike? I dropped him a line c/o Principle Management in New York but never got a response. I'm thinking of trying their Dublin address once they're back in the studio and I know he's in Dublin.

They're not the best, but I don't think I shared these before.

100_0145.jpg

100_0146.jpg

BonoIsMyMuse said:
:ohmy:

I'm so used to having to find excuses to post them. :wink:

Does Dallas still check in with you once in awhile, Mike? I dropped him a line c/o Principle Management in New York but never got a response. I'm thinking of trying their Dublin address once they're back in the studio and I know he's in Dublin.

yes mam, he does indeed still check in. we last talked a month or so ago and chatted for about 1/2 an hour. good luck with your continued efforts getting in touch with him - i would have thought principle new york would have worked!?!

I miss the updates you used to do over at the Dallas site. I do post over on the message boards there every once in awhile, but mostly I just pop in and see what's new. That's cool that he still checks in with you. He seems like a really down-to-earth guy, and he's the best in the business. That's actually why I've been trying to get in touch with him, to see if I could talk with him for a book I'm working on.

I thought more people would post pics here, but since nobody besides Edgette has, I guess I'll have to. :wink:

I wonder if he and Edge will be at Jazz Fest this weekend? I usually post new pictures over at the Dallas message board when I find them.

These are a few from Hawaii, taken by some people over at Zootopia:

dallashawaiituningup2.jpg

dallashawaiituningup1.jpg

Dallashawaiiwfan.jpg

jakedallasrachelhawaii.jpg

This is someone from over in the Zoo who met Dallas outside HQ in February

Dallasdublin0207.jpg

This is from the day of the Abbey Road photo shoot. Somebody here posted it, but I can't remember who:

dallas20thSeptember2006.jpg

This I have labeled as from Sydney 3
dallassydney3.jpg

One from Auckland taken by Slopsy, I think (?)
dallasbumauckland-1.jpg

This one is from somewhere in Australia
dallasaustralia.jpg

One from Vegas I came across recently:
edgedallasvegas.jpg

My current wallpaper :wink:

This one is from Oakland:
dallasracheloakland.jpg

Dallas in the background of a still from 60 Minutes:
60minEdgeDallas.png

I think that's enough for now. I've got more, but I don't need to look like too much of a Dallas geek :shifty:

Dallas looks like Jeremey Roenick in he Hawaii shots.

Is there any photos of Dallas from 83 or 85? He's been with them for a long time, but I don't think he was always the guitar tech.

u2fp

Dallas had something resembling a mullet back in the day. You can see him the most in Rattle & Hum during All Along the Watchtower and In God's Country, and right at the end of When Love Comes to Town. It's pretty funny.

He didn't go to work for U2 until the JT era. Before that, he worked as a guitar tech for many others in the business. I think he was working for Mr. Mister right before he took the job with U2. Imagine how often he must go back and pat himself on the back for deciding to switch jobs!

It cracks me up to see that Dallas almost always wears a brown belt with black pants. Mrs. Dallas must wince every she sees that :giggle:

Edge said in the ABC.com interview that it was going to be tough for them to get to Jazz Fest this year. Of course, in a world with private jets, I suppose they can always make it to New Orleans for a few hours

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom