Cutie Pie Friday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's my main man, but I have to admit, Edge is just one big cuddlebug!

I've never posted photos here so I hope this works. Here are a the few non-Bono photos I took in 2001. This first one of Edge is actually my favorite photo that I took (aside from the big closeup of Bono's forehead just before he nibbled on my fingers).

3423%3A86%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232369243%3B976ot1lsi

3423%3A86%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232369243%3B97%3Bot1lsi

3423%3A86%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232369244393%3Aot1lsi

3423%3A86%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323692443%3A%3C4ot1lsi

And I like to call this one "Edge does a booger check for Bono."

3423%3A86%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E232369243%3C374ot1lsi

One more thing - how beautiful is Morleigh? She is absolutely stunning!

Last edited:
Awww, your first pics.

:shifty: Wait....did you say that Bono nibbled your fingers? Does he actually nibble...like not just for show, but actual nibbling?! This is a subject that fascinates me you will soon learn.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Awww, your first pics.

:shifty: Wait....did you say that Bono nibbled your fingers? Does he actually nibble...like not just for show, but actual nibbling?! This is a subject that fascinates me you will soon learn.

Well, nibbling is the best I can come to describing it. (Gosh it still makes me all gooey inside reminiscing - I'm having a terrible time typing this, but since I'm a perfectionist I keep having to backspace.)

Anyway, well, short story is I was reaching out to get any kind of contact with him in L.A. on 11/12/01, and OMG he looked me right in the eyes. I swear there was no noise going on, nobody else in Staples Center but me and him. Time literally stood still. And here was this magnificant human being and I had his attention, if only for a brief moment. He was looming literally millimeters away from my fingers and I was cursing that I was only 5'3" - just 1/2" more and I could have actually touched him. Now mind you, a few weeks prior I was in NYC at (where else?) a U2 concert, and he kept teasing my section of the audience, seeming like he was going to dive out to us or something, but he never did. So I was kind of thinking in the back of my mind, "You'd better not be teasing this time!!!" He was singing UTEOTW ("In the garden I was playing the tart/I kissed your lips and broke your heart...") but of course I didn't hear anything because he was looking right at me and singing. Then "You, you were acting like it was the end of the world..." and he shifted his gaze from my face to my hand, I swear he studied every inch of it, looking at my watch band and my wedding ring, then he looked back at me and reached out with his sexy neck and opened up his mouth and closed it over my middle three fingers, right about to the first knuckle part. He very gently but firmly clenched his teeth so I could feel his teeth on my hand and looked at me yet again, right in the eye. If he really wanted to have hurt me he definitely could have, and he seemed to know that, but you know he wouldn't ever do something like that. But just knowing that he could was really, um, well, not fit to print here.

Of course I've played the whole thing back in my head again and again and again, and I swear the look he had in his eyes was like, "Well, don't you want a picture of this?" But honestly at that point I didn't even realize that I had a right hand at that moment and so I just stared back at him, thinking, "AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" (I'm sure that's the exact wording that was going on at the time). Then he stopped and ran off to finish the song, and I was a giant puddle of goo for the rest of the night. Oh wait. Yeah, I guess there's also kind of a gross part, but to me it was just the most natural thing to do. After he finished "having his way" with me (gush!), I noticed that my fingertips were really freaking wet. Now, mind you, I may not have been able to tell you my name at that moment, but I know for sure that I never touched his face, so the only thing it could have been was his spit from his bottom lip. I think I forgot to mention that he didn't just simply bite down and stop, when he stopped nibbling he really took his time and let his bottom lip caress my fingertips before he left. So, I had his spit on my fingertips. Geez, what to do with that? You guessed it - yeah, some may think it's gross, but I put my fingers in my mouth and savored it. Anybody else, probably including my husband, did that to me and I'd either have to wash my hands or wipe them on something. But this is Bono we're talking about here. See how wet his bottom lip is in this photo?

3423%3A86%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323688%3C9%3A434ot1lsi

Um, well, I guess that's not the short story version. Sorry! :macdevil: But anyway, my last quote is referencing that incident - I really have had my fingers in Bono's orifice! And I'm still so entranced by that fact that whenever I see photos of him or singing somewhere (as in Arkansas today), I think, "Wow! My fingers have been in that mouth!"

Last edited:
OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! :censored: Oh my God.

I am so jealous of you right now! That's just how I always imagined....that he was firm but gentle. Oh wow. That is so...that is so...I'm speechless.

He looked right at you in the eye when he did this?! OH MY GOSH!!!

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Lemongrrl! Get your rear-end back here and tell me!!

Apologies, m'dearie! I was typing fast as I could with my hands trembling as I reminisced. Still shake all over when I think about it!!! Of course my mission in life is to be the lucky one who gets to dance with him on stage.

starsgoblue said:
OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! :censored: Oh my God.

I am so jealous of you right now! That's just how I always imagined....that he was firm but gentle. Oh wow. That is so...that is so...I'm speechless.

He looked right at you in the eye when he did this?! OH MY GOSH!!!

I was incredibly lucky. I got laid off of my job in August 2001, with a very generous severance package. I could have either paid off my bills and gone back to work, or well, U2 just happened to have been going back on tour that fall, and as fate had it, I chose to waste that money jetting across the country and taking in as many concerts as possible. I did what any sensible person in my shoes would do! Props to my husband for understanding my addiction. I left him at home! But when I told him what Bono did he was just as mesmerized and speechless. I've since asked him if anyone else in the world could have gotten away with that without getting their butt kicked by him, and he said no.

Um, yeah - firm but gentle. As firm as it was gentle. :censored: is right!

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
You don't think you're one of the lucky ones already?! The closest I've ever gotten to Bono is his limo as it was speeding off....:sad:

Well, the full story is, I made a sign that asked him for a dance that night. It read, "Bono, wontcha set my soul free and have a dance with me?" I held it up at the end of BD and OMG he read it. I couldn't believe he was reading it, but he did read it - I was the only one holding up a sign (believe me, I looked behind me to make sure!). Adam read it too.

My very first concert I ever went to was ZooTV in 1992 in LA and I saw him pull a girl out of the audience during "TTTYAATW" and dance with her. I'd vowed to myself that I'd someday be that girl. So, as long as there's U2 concerts, I've still got hope! We all do. :)

starsgoblue said:
:sigh: God, do I love that man.....

You and me both, honey! I decided after that moment I'd do anything for him. Not in a teeny-bopper crush sense (which of course I will probably always have for him), but more in his humanitarian sense. So, I now do volunteer work at a local AIDS hospice, not much, just a few hours a week, but I credit that moment with him to getting me off my butt and going out and doing it. I think he'd say that's a small price to pay to get people off their rear ends. A strange way to find my community involvement path, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get people to do things!

:bono: = :love: + :drool:

I never realized what nice eyes Edge has... very purty! Young!Edge does nothing for me, but he has definitely aged very nicely. So damn cute.

And not to turn this into a Bono thread anymore, but Lemongrrrrrrrrll I am seriously, seriously happy and extremely jealous of you. This from a girl that has a folder labelled Bono Bites. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom