Covered in chocolate?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
Covered in chocolate?!

I could swear we had a thread about this. I guess it can be merged if found? :reject:

Er yeah anyway, has anyone else read about this?

Saturday, 30 October , 2004, 11:01
London: Musicians Chris Martin, Bono and Michael Stipe are set to appear an advertising campaign for Oxfam covered in chocolate, rice and blood, while hip hop star Jamelia ill appear clad in feathers.

According to Femalefirst, the stars will pose for a series of Make Trade Fair posters to be unveiled next month.

http://sify.com/movies/hollywood/fullstory.php?id=13600933

:ohmy: :huh:
I wonder if one will be able to purchase said posters :shifty:

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that over in the news section and thought it would pop up here soon enough.

Wouldn't u just love a chocolate coated bono poster :combust:

Chocolate covered Bono is far more appealing than chocolate covered Jamelia, Michael Stipe or Chris Martin.
I'd rather have chocolate covered Adam, but y'know, it's a pretty appealing prospect either way... and in aid of a good cause.
*sigh*
what more could a girl ask for.

I would make a nice contribution to oxfam - which btw is a great organization to anyway (fair trade)
chocolate covered Bono - oh the places we could go with that.......
:drool:
a couple months back didn't we have some rather errr. creative drawing of the boys in some desserts?
I'm all for a whole them here
Larry in whipped cream
Adam in a carmel sauce
Edge in cheesecake

come on guys - do it for charity!

holy cow, youtwohearts! i have the poster that's in your sig! i took it down a few years ago and forgot all about it. i should dig it out and put it back up, because i love it. very cool.

Hmmm...it appears Bono is familiar with using this medium....

f6lnp

Michael Stipe is going to be covered in milk I thought I read. :drool: :combust:

Sorry, I have a large crush on Michael after I saw R.E.M. three times in one week and met him twice.

Re: Covered in chocolate?!

neutral said:
I could swear we had a thread about this. I guess it can be merged if found? :reject:

Er yeah anyway, has anyone else read about this?

Saturday, 30 October , 2004, 11:01
London: Musicians Chris Martin, Bono and Michael Stipe are set to appear an advertising campaign for Oxfam covered in chocolate, rice and blood, while hip hop star Jamelia ill appear clad in feathers.

According to Femalefirst, the stars will pose for a series of Make Trade Fair posters to be unveiled next month.

I have a question. It says they will be covered in chocolate, rice, and blood. Is that all at the same time? Because that'd be kind of icky. Or will it be where one person is covered in one thing?

Re: Re: Covered in chocolate?!

macphistofreak said:

I have a question. It says they will be covered in chocolate, rice, and blood. Is that all at the same time? Because that'd be kind of icky. Or will it be where one person is covered in one thing?

Daily Star

October 28, 2004

STARS FOOD F IGHT; HOTPOSTER BID FOR CHARITY

JOE MOT

CHRIS Martin, Bono and Jamelia will appear covered in chocolate, butter and BLOOD for a stark new Oxfam campaign.

The big-name musicians will be joined by Michael Stipe, Thom Yorke and a number of Hollywood actors for the series of posters to be unveiled next month.

Coldplay frontman Chris has been snapped under a mountain of rice, while REM singer Stipe is covered in milk and Jamelia appears with her modesty concealed by nothing more than feathers.

Most controversial of all is Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke, who appears to be covered in blood for the Make Trade Fair campaign.

I'm told: "The only sticking point with Thom was that he's an avid vegetarian and didn't want to have real blood poured over him.

"We had to concoct a realistic-looking blood replacement using chocolate.

"The result is still very powerful."

My source continued: "Bono, Chris and Michael are all staunch supporters of the campaign and have done wonders in raising its profile."

It seems the stars are getting back into charity mode with the approach of the festive season.

Everyone and their brother is involved with Band Aid III.

Meanwhile, Girls Aloud are doing their bit by releasing the Children In Need single, I'll Stand By You.

Former Zootops will remember this Bono description from the old Bono folder:

Bono = Blue eyed white chocolate thunder god!!:wink:

Bono covered in chocolate bring it on!!!:faint:

dandy said:
holy cow, youtwohearts! i have the poster that's in your sig! i took it down a few years ago and forgot all about it. i should dig it out and put it back up, because i love it. very cool.

I had it too and it was my favorite. This is the postcard version. I am not sure where the poster is. :(

Re: Re: Re: Covered in chocolate?!

Edgette said:

Daily Star

October 28, 2004

STARS FOOD F IGHT; HOTPOSTER BID FOR CHARITY

JOE MOT

CHRIS Martin, Bono and Jamelia will appear covered in chocolate, butter and BLOOD for a stark new Oxfam campaign.

The big-name musicians will be joined by Michael Stipe, Thom Yorke and a number of Hollywood actors for the series of posters to be unveiled next month.

Coldplay frontman Chris has been snapped under a mountain of rice, while REM singer Stipe is covered in milk and Jamelia appears with her modesty concealed by nothing more than feathers.

Most controversial of all is Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke, who appears to be covered in blood for the Make Trade Fair campaign.

I'm told: "The only sticking point with Thom was that he's an avid vegetarian and didn't want to have real blood poured over him.

"We had to concoct a realistic-looking blood replacement using chocolate.

"The result is still very powerful."

My source continued: "Bono, Chris and Michael are all staunch supporters of the campaign and have done wonders in raising its profile."

It seems the stars are getting back into charity mode with the approach of the festive season.

Everyone and their brother is involved with Band Aid III.

Meanwhile, Girls Aloud are doing their bit by releasing the Children In Need single, I'll Stand By You.

It doesn't really say EXACTLY what Bono will be covered in... but hot damn Bono covered in just about anything is too hot for words. TheWho4Life, don't think too much into it :wink: But Bono and chocolate... what I'd give to be at THAT photo shoot! :combust: I could help him, uh, clean off... :angel:

sweetie said:
Bono covered in chocolate and rice!!!! One hell of a rice krispie treat!!!!

:laugh: OOooo, Yummy!
While i usually prefer bitter-sweet dark chocolate, I've always eaten rice krispie treats when I got them in my trick or trick bag.

..... :shifty: ...<thinks, now can I bring a really oversized Pearl Paint bag to the photosession and carry him out>...:D

Boy..my imagination is on overdrive. I wonder how he'll pose.

:drool: now you got my imagination going....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom