Countdown to War

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:

In my opinion, it is right, but our President has bungled the situation. That said, his blowing it or not does not change the fact that this situation needs to be resolved.

IMO, your president has done a lot more than bungle the situation. He has made critical errors in dealing with the global community, which could have immense consequences down the line. After he wins this war in Iraq, the rest of the world is still here, many still seeing him as an arrogant, imperialistic, hegemonistic bully, and that is something that does not bode well for the future.

melon said:

Business is a dead head, and private citizens are living. You can run away from business, but you can't run away from domestic espionage.

FYI...

Conservatism -- business freedom, social control
Liberalism -- business control, social freedom
Libertarianism -- business freedom, social freedom
Totalitarianism -- business control, social control

Melon

Thanks for the refresher, I always wondered what those words meant. :sexywink: However you are wrong (somewhat) on conservatism. Conservatism justifies govt intrusion in ANY area, where it is deemed necessary to uphold traditional practices. It is not exclusive to social control. :sexywink:
Modern Liberalism (i.e. Rawls) is also not completly in favor of social freedom. The welfare state is most certain a restriction on social freedoms wouldn't you agree?

I take it that you don't subsribe to classic liberal theory then?

I'm not a classical liberal, nor am I a "modern liberal." I am more of a progressive liberal capitalist.

Oh and I hate "traditional practices." :angry: It isn't as much adherence to "tradition" as much as romanticist ideals of what that "tradition" is. Major distinction.

Melon

melon said:
I'm not a classical liberal, nor am I a "modern liberal." I am more of a progressive liberal capitalist.

Is there a party for that????:sexywink:

melon said:
Oh and I hate "traditional practices." :angry: It isn't as much adherence to "tradition" as much as romanticist ideals of what that "tradition" is. Major distinction.

[/B]

agreed!!!! (first time I think?)

Zooropa said:

Is there a party for that????:sexywink:

It was once the Democratic Party before Reagan made "liberal" a dirty word, and the entire party became guilty of Republican envy.

Oh and then there was Theodore Roosevelt's "Bull Moose" Party...lol. :sexywink:

Melon

anitram said:

IMO, your president has done a lot more than bungle the situation. He has made critical errors in dealing with the global community, which could have immense consequences down the line. After he wins this war in Iraq, the rest of the world is still here, many still seeing him as an arrogant, imperialistic, hegemonistic bully, and that is something that does not bode well for the future.

What a mess.

Danospano said:
It's the end of the world as we know it.....It's the end of the world as we know it.....IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT....and I feel fiiiiiiinnnnnnneeeeeeee.

That's great it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes and aeroplanes, Lenny Bruce is not afraid, I am a hurricane...

(I know the whole song but won't post it here.)

This whole countdown to war thing is absolute crap. I don't see why Bush needs to start a war next week. I'm not saying that Hussein doesn't have weapons, because he does, but I don't see what the hurry to have a war is. When Bush got the idea, excuse me- when someone gave him the idea, to start this war, he automatically killed hundreds of people. When we go to Iraq, it's inevitable that US soldiers are going to die, as well as Iraqis. If Iraq attacks another country in retaliation, then the citizens of that country will die. Just because Bush wants to make himself look more powerful, hundreds of people will die. Any deaths are awful, especially if they were brought about by an idiotic, power hungry hillbilly with too much money, and not enough brains.

:rolleyes:

U2Bama, any thoughts? Where are u? Is it true you southerners are power hungry hillbillys?

I am 100% for the removal of Saddam Hussein.
I am 100% for the use of force to do so.
I am 100% convinced that it is the right thing to do.

That said:

I am not pleased with the diplomatic failures of this administration.
I am not pleased with the case that has been made.
I am disgusted with our "allies".
I am disgusted with the security council.

I guess I am a power hungry uneducated hillbilly too.

ANyone else in the club?

Dreadsox said:

That said:

ANyone else in the club?

Count me in. I share your assessment of the current situation as you have described it.

Dreadsox said:
:rolleyes:

U2Bama, any thoughts? Where are u? Is it true you southerners are power hungry hillbillys?

That said:

ANyone else in the club?

let me pick the straw out of my teeth...okay, that's better

Howdy Mr. Dreadsox :wave: can I be in yur club?

Golly, as long as you are wearing Daisy Duke's...you can be in....I am Gomer, NB is Goober, and you can be Aunt B.

HEHE

i didn't know midwesterners could be hillbillies. lucky me.

Dreadsox said:
Golly, as long as you are wearing Daisy Duke's...you can be in....I am Gomer, NB is Goober, and you can be Aunt B.

HEHE

i'm in. who can i be?

:wave:

This is you:
012.jpg

oooh! You have an action figure too!

daisydukemegomoc87.jpg

I'm actually FROM Appalachia, right outside of Hazzard, KY, as a matter of fact. I was almost born there, but it was too dirty so my parents moved to Wise, VA instead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom