Could "Thank You" be a strong closer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
imagine the song being pretty close to how it was on the beach clip we heard a couple years ago, but with the addition of haunting drums in the background, very similar to "Corpse (These Chains Are Too Long)" from Passengers.

could be a pretty cool way to end the album, kind of like how Radiohead ended In Rainbows with "Videotape".

thoughts?

It needs some tweaks from what we heard in the beachclip, IMO. Far too dull & dragging in that beachclip. It has the potential for some coolness if they made it a little darker/haunting, but I don't quite see that given the current lyrics that can be made out from the clip--doesn't seem like it'd head in that direction.

No thanks

For this to be the best U2 album ever it would have to have been changed to the point of being unrecognizable in my opinion.

wow. i'm suprised by the responses so far. i thought it had a good base, and just imagine it darkened up like "Stateless".:reject:

I think it's a Lanois song.

I remember when we first heard the beach clip, most people here didn't like it. I have to say that I liked it the first time I heard it, it was the beach clip that sounded most promising to me. But I doubt they made anything out of this tune, since it's obviously not a U2 song.

Back
Top Bottom