Copenhagen #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#4 - Gloria
#6 - The Unforgettable Fire
#7 - Stay
#8 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Not a drill.

Wow ,they do have it in them. Is it gonna be a regular run in the set though

So the whole Dublin thing was scrapped with cedar wood road ? Anyone know what the visuals were on the screen for these songs?

Chuck red flag day and until the end of the world in that beginning segment with that set and BINGO

I love TUF and stay. Fantastic songs. Very happy they are back. I would LOVE to see these songs live. I do think exchanging UTEOTW for Wild Horses is a step down. Yeah, it’s a change, but I don’t necessarily think it’s for the better. 21 songs is a bit short but the only other song that was dropped that I love is Iris, so I want to see how this new show evolves!

Last edited:
21 songs and that's it.

Shorter set but hot damn this gig was epic. After they played Gloria i was 100% sure it would be the only change. Loved Gloria much more than all because of you as Well, and fully expected red flag day.

Then i hear the intro to the ocean, i thought until it i realize i hear TUF for the first time live in 9 years. Then it went on to Stay and Horses... :drool: :drool:

Sure rest of the set was the same. But man scrapping the reprise from IE with iris, cedarwood etc was GOOOD with those songs.

Great choices and placement in the set. They do need to keep UTEOTW or something as high energy at the end of the 1st set. The clips already on YouTube, you can hear people's collective jaws drop as each new inclusion in the set happens.

I feel bad that this didn't happen for that 4 show Paris run though.

Apologies to Copenhagen #1 for no setlist love.

Royal Arena - Copenhagen, Denmark - September 30, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - Gloria
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - The Unforgettable Fire
07 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
08 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
09 - Elevation
10 - Vertigo
11 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
12 - Acrobat
13 - You're the Best Thing About Me
14 - Summer of Love
15 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
16 - Get Out of Your Own Way
17 - New Year's Day
18 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
19 - One
20 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
21 - 13 (There is a Light)

Well that’s an exciting shift! Hope these songs don’t just vanish. I’m glad I bothered to check the setlist today.

Sounds great. Is this the first time it’s been played full-band since 1993?

Who called this one? I guess they like Copenhagen. Or hate them. I can't tell. No Cedarwood for you!!!!

If they added Desire in, it might be my perfect set list.

I believe the last time they played The Unforgettable Fire was also in Denmark, which is quite the coincidence.

Will check out the videos later.

They sounded great. Hopefully they keep these songs in. Maybe add back UTEOTW.

I think they could still fit The Ocean and Iris before Unforgettable Fire. Until the End of the World coming back would be nice, maybe before Horses? I heard Horses had an incredible ending (have no seen video yet). Also, didn't they rehearse Landlady with this new suite?

Very happy full-band Stay is back.

When he started ranting about cool cities and Tokyo i couldnt connect that with The Ocean at all that i was expecting to hear.. :lol:

Unforgettable Fire sounded glorious. Very happy they kept that extended ending for Wild Horses, also sounded great.
Hearing a drum, bass and electric guitar in Stay is what I’ve been requesting for a very long time, glad they finally did it (although maybe Terry could play some synths in the background, felt like it was missing something).

Just squeeze in Until the End of the World and you have a fantastic 1st set.

Agreed, Stay full band needs a rhythm guitar or a synth to fill it in a bit.

UF sounded phenomenal. The arrangement seemed tighter than on 360, and Bono seemed in fine form.

WGRYWH sounded great, shouldn’t be a rarity.

Finally listened to all of the recordings. Top notch performances on all three. I appreciate that they clearly put effort into all of the arrangements. Hopefully that’s a sign that they won’t fade away.

Back
Top Bottom