Colin Farrell is Irish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocrazy88

New Yorker
I was watching the 2003 Teen Choice Awards on Fox tonight and I saw hottie Colin Farrell accepting an award. A bit from one of his movies played and I joked to my mom "He's Irish,"

Well, when Colin accepted his surfboard he spoke with a gorgeous Irish accent! I was so fooled by his role in Phone Booth. I had no idea he was Irish! WOW! I now officially LOVE Irish people. :yes:
It is just so good to see Irish people on TV, I can't explain why. (cough, cough....Bono...cough, cough)
Even though Colin is known for being a playa...he's a twenty-seven year old native of Dublin, so now I love him.

I didn't know he was Irish. I am so stupid....I'll bet everyone else knew that. Oh well...LOL
laracroft_colin1_cf.jpg

Yep. I knew - he intro'd the boys at the Oscars, even spoke some Gaelic. He is so cute! I wish they would let him use his natural accent in more movies :(

WOW, I wish I coulda seen him speak Gaelic. That makes me wanna go to Ireland even more now! I wish he could use his accent more too!

bonosloveslave said:
Yep. I knew - he intro'd the boys at the Oscars, even spoke some Gaelic. He is so cute! I wish they would let him use his natural accent in more movies :(

OMG he is SOOO hot and he sounds even HOTTER speaking in Gaelic! He said one of my FAVORITE things to say -- Go raibh maith agat...I mean, it just means "Thank you," but it's really fun to say! lol. He said, "And it is my complete honor -- Go raibh mile maith agat agus anois (Thank you very much, and now) -- Ladies and gentlemen, U2!"

OMG when I heard him say that I just went: :combust: :faint: :drool: ! ! ! ! !

And yeah I wish we could hear his accent more. :sad: :madspit: It's so cute! :cute:

Elvis Presley said:
I saw him and Ashton at an afterparty necking...

:eyebrow:

BTW I dig your Avatar! And I love that quote in your siggy!! I didn't see that one, but it's fookin' hiLARRYous!

Last edited:
funny you should say that his accent in phonebooth had you fooled, there were several instances where he slipped up during the course of the movie. still a good movie, and he did a great job playing the character.

I love Colin Farrell! He was on the Today show with Katie Couric yesterday morning, he let the "F" word slip in the first minute of his live interview. He's such a hottie:drool:

Mmm....Colin. On the Daredevil outtakes he kinda slipped in his Irish accent and was going on about how he always has to play americans...it was pretty funny.

Yeah I agree Colin is HOT! When I was waiting for Bono in LA in March, Colin was staying at the same hotel ... I didnt know who he was but he was cute.....then at the Oscars I fell in love with him when he spoke Gaelic and you can tell he and Bono are good friends!
You know Colin blew Dsmith2904 a kiss that weekend as well!:yes:

Some friends and I have a bday tradition where we plaster one another's cubes with pictures of someone or something on their birthday and this year the choice was Colin. I was the lucky one to have to spend the evening on Monday finding...printing and cutting out all of the pictures. In doing so I was totally drawn in! I always liked him but never really appreciated what a cutie he is until then! The accent and the fact that he is such a guy I really like.

U2SJ said:
You know Colin blew Dsmith2904 a kiss that weekend as well!:yes:

So in the Edge thread SpanishEyes says, "Someone said Colin Farrell blew a kiss at you," so funny! Anyway, I did have a Colin encounter but he didn't blow a kiss at me, he winked at me.

I saw him on Letterman last week and of course he was bleeped 2 or 3 times but you could tell he was trying to watch himself. He made the most adorable faces after he caught himself letting one loose.:drool:

U2NSTLOU said:
I saw him on Letterman last week and of course he was bleeped 2 or 3 times but you could tell he was trying to watch himself. He made the most adorable faces after he caught himself letting one loose.:drool:

I also saw him on Letterman and Conan O' Brian, and it was so cute the way he reacte every times he let slip a 4 letter word.

By the way, he's on the cover of the current Esquire magazine, on newstand now!

Back
Top Bottom