Coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweet Tart

Refugee
I was looking in the massive random thread and i noticed that everyone was talking about Coldplay. i adore them and absolutley love their new album. my friend is going to see them in a couple of weeks and im so jealous. :scream:

anyway....i hate to see such a great band get lost in such a huge thread so i'm bringing it out for everyone to see. so ladies ( and the few gentlemen that dare to stroll the halls of PLEBA)....break out your coldplay pics.

here's a few to start ya off.... :D

Chris....:heart:

Coldplay-AL.jpg

...edited when realized that rexfeature pics don;t work her anymore.....:sad:

Last edited:
I'll admit that I don't know much about the band, but what I've heard I like! "Yellow" is an absolutely fantastic song, and I've seen their new video played on MTV and VH1 a couple times. I will have to get around to buying at least one of their CDs someday soon!

I wasn't crazy about "Yellow," but I fell in love with "In My Place" after I heard it a couple of times, so I bought the new Coldplay CD the first day it came out. I like it a lot, especially "Politik" and "In My Place."

Chris Martin doesn't do much for me as far as looks (dodges thrown tomatoes), but I think the guitarist (or is it the bass player?) - the one with the longer, darker hair - is a cutie.

Last edited:
of course i am in here. thanks ST for starting this thread. incase some of you do not know, this has been my favorite band for the past 4 months now. i cannot get enough of them. i am looking forward to seeing them next Sat...woohoo!!!!!!!

their music style, the words, the band, chris's voice is just amazing. :drool:

oh and they are good looking guys. :D

I don't have the new album yet, but I love Parachutes. Coldplay is one of the few newer bands I can listen to. :up:

However, nothing there for me on the looks department... :huh:

Last edited:
me too, love these guys!

just for grins, since so many people were talking about them, I D/Ld some Coldplay, and omg! I've been playing them contstantly for about the last week! "Clocks" sticks in my head all day and I find that I'm singing tomsyelf that that "You-oo-hooo-ahhhh" part all the time! :slant: :laugh: :huh:

I saw an article titled "Coldplay - the next U2?" And I was like...well, at least they're thinking BIG!!! :D :heart:

Between Coldplay, the Doves, Elbow and Radiohead--all groups that I've learned about from Interland folks--my ears have been *happy happy happy!* :D

I :heart: the fact that U2 folks have the coolest tastes in music!

:hug:Interference:hug:

flaming june said:
Coldplay is one of the few newer bands I can listen to. :up:

However, nothing there for me on the looks department... :huh:

exaclty! i love 'in my place' .... i've always got the 'please, please...' part in my head... their music is so depressing.... :sad:

the only cute guy i think is this guy in the middle here (second from the left).... and he's just cute... not :drool:-worthy .... just cute.. hehe

043.jpg

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

copycat! ;) just kidding. arent' those songs just awesome. I love singing Green Eyes in my car very loud.

:lol: :yes:I keep listening to The Scientist over and over and over and over again!

psst I like it bc I have green eyes too! hehehe

I :heart: Coldplay.

I thought that there was no way the new album would be as good as Parachutes, but thankfully I was proved wrong. I can't get enough of AROBTTH, especially The Scientist, Clocks and God Put A Smile On Your Face.

Chris Martin is rather sexy too. :D

oh my gosh guys. I just got back from Vegas today from seeing them on saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the concert was so great... oh my gosh they are incredible live. and I met theeeemmm!! I'll post pics tomorra b/c I'm dead tired now. Ahhh it was such a blast.. I love them.

adamswildhoney said:
Question: What is the relationship status of the guys?

Im just curious!

:wink:

I think they were all at university together.

Mocool, can't wait for the details. :)

yay!! concert date is getting closer.

look what i received in my inbox today. of course i entered. ;)
wish me luck gals!

Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 1:24 PM
Subject: 99X Email Special- Spend an Afternoon with Coldplay

Hey! It's the Freeloader Guy here. You know, it is good to
have friends in high places. Leslie Fram sent me an email last
week offering me the chance to give away a pair of passes to the
private Coldplay Live X. So how could I say no?

As a 99X eNewsletter Subscriber, you are getting a special
chance to win passes for two to a private Live X in the 99X
Studios with Coldplay this Saturday afternoon. How do you get
to enter? It's easy! Send an email with your Full Name, Email
Address, Phone Number, and Birthdate to Freeloader@99X.com with
the word "Coldplay" in the subject line. Send us your email by
Noon on Wednesday. We will choose one winner that evening and
contact you on Thursday. Only one entry per person please!

Here is chance to come spend an afternoon at the 99X Studios
with Coldplay. Hurry up and send your email entry in today!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
yay!! concert date is getting closer.

look what i received in my inbox today. of course i entered. ;)
wish me luck gals!

Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 1:24 PM
Subject: 99X Email Special- Spend an Afternoon with Coldplay

Hey! It's the Freeloader Guy here. You know, it is good to
have friends in high places. Leslie Fram sent me an email last
week offering me the chance to give away a pair of passes to the
private Coldplay Live X. So how could I say no?

As a 99X eNewsletter Subscriber, you are getting a special
chance to win passes for two to a private Live X in the 99X
Studios with Coldplay this Saturday afternoon. How do you get
to enter? It's easy! Send an email with your Full Name, Email
Address, Phone Number, and Birthdate to Freeloader@99X.com with
the word "Coldplay" in the subject line. Send us your email by
Noon on Wednesday. We will choose one winner that evening and
contact you on Thursday. Only one entry per person please!

Here is chance to come spend an afternoon at the 99X Studios
with Coldplay. Hurry up and send your email entry in today!

YAY, Iris! If ya win youll take me right! :lol:

i am posting this twice.
Coldplay live

coldplay.jpg

and somewhere in this crowded parking lot was me. :)
coldplay_outside4.jpg

Since i missed seeing them play live due to some bad tropical weather, my local station has come through. Chris and Jonny played for the radio station before they were to have their concert. The station is called 99x and these recording sessions are called Live X. Anyhow, for those interested here is the link:
(and there is an added bonus for those who want to hear that lovely English accent and humour *coughMEcough* ;) )

Coldplay Live X

I have Parachutes, and I've downloaded a few songs from AROBTTH. They are a really, really good band.

As a matter of fact, I do believe Gina and Kristie are off seeing them right this very minute!

*is jealous*

Mirrorball Girl said:
I have Parachutes, and I've downloaded a few songs from AROBTTH. They are a really, really good band.

As a matter of fact, I do believe Gina and Kristie are off seeing them right this very minute!

*is jealous*

Well I sure hope they report back and tell us how it was! :D

Ahhh I listened to it!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :heart: :heart: :heart: man I want to go to another show so bad. They're so great. Listen to Chris! just liiissteen to him! :heart:

lol at Forrest.

The new album is f_ing great! Even their B-sides are great. I couldn't get into Parachutes at first, but it's growing on me.

I should have trusted U2 fans' tastes -- people were raving about Coldplay a year or two ago here, and I didn't pay too much attention. It's great to see a terrific new band in the early stages.

Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight! Daylight!

I think I got my point across.

I got it two days ago, and I haven't heard anything I don't like yet. Coldplay is certainly not easy listening, readily packaged for easy consumption for the general masses of teeny boppers who are not among our ranks. :)
So far, their two big singles, Yellow and In My Place, while being a little more pop, aren't the strongest songs on their respective records, in my opinion. There's this alleged video for Shiver, but I've never seen it, and it's better than Yellow.

:up: Coldplay! :up:

On edit: I'm a highly educated college student who can't spell. Forgive me :angel:

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Since i missed seeing them play live due to some bad tropical weather, my local station has come through. Chris and Jonny played for the radio station before they were to have their concert. The station is called 99x and these recording sessions are called Live X. Anyhow, for those interested here is the link:
(and there is an added bonus for those who want to hear that lovely English accent and humour *coughMEcough* ;) )

Coldplay Live X

HOLY CRAPOLA IRIS that link is friggin awesome. I'm only on the first song (acoustic version of In My Place :love: ) and I'm already swooning with delight. And Chris' humor is great. "And Will and Guy are behind the curtain because...they're so horribly ugly." LO freakin L!! :laugh: :cute: :heart:

Off to listen to the rest... :dance:

Back
Top Bottom