Cold winds, warm bread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPurrl

Babyface
A Winter's storm is upon us...

The powerful winds sing a song of its presence, and the tall, bare trees dance in wild crescendo.

It's a good night to be indoors and out of that biting wind. Looking out the window is to see sideways snowflakes flying by...

Our home is warm, at least by our cool air appreciating standards, where to have a blanket on our legs is cherished, AND an invitation to a certain Calico cat, one whose advanced years have found her none the less a lap kitty. *Our Callie's love of warm laps & legs is a much looked forward to gift of colder climes.*

Earlier, Jude and I finished the last of the Irish Soda bread she made a few days ago... < ♥ > ...and in what I recognize as a sure sign of my dear sweet's angelic nature, she made another, which sits cooling atop the stove, just waiting for a pat of butter to come calling...

...I wish you all could see it, and have some of the beautiful round and crusted mound of ancient style goodness, one harkening back to simpler times of long ago. Every loaf Jude kneads into being is finished with a cross cut into the top, I'm guessing to help with the cooking...but I can't help feeling in my heart that it's also a sign of thanks for the gift of plenty bestowed upon us.

A dark night...one with a storm with out....

...and the comforting smell of fresh baked bread within.

I hear the trees singing in time with the wind outside...giving full-throated voice to its ferocity...

...and I see our tree, here in our home, decorated with love, an angel sitting atop it, shining silent but ever so beautiful and vibrant, singing its own sweet song of Christmas.

I have Jude to thank for my being so near to such beauty... < ♥ > ...the angel of the tree has company, as once again I'm blessed with a Christmas Angel to call my own...

...and inside my heart sings, and I feel as if she's decorated my soul with reasons a plenty to take joy in the holiday season.

My hope and holiday wish is that you all have warmth in your hearts, and that you've only to lift your eyes to see shining love looking back...and a reason to rejoice.

*Happy Holidays!* ♥

Back
Top Bottom