cocktails anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually drink Vodka and Diet Coke. Sometimes I'll spoil myself and get a malibu and diet coke.

I love wine but after a glass and a half I'm pretty drunk, it's embarrassing. I could drink my vodka and diet cokes all night without feeling much of an effect.

I usually stick to the same drinks.

Hmm... well, I'll drink lots of stuff straight... Jagermeister, JD (or any rye or scotch for that matter), any type of vodka, rum, spiced rum, etc... I'm not that picky. I don't particularly care for gin, though.

Mixed drinks, though... hmm...

Manhattan
White Russian (I don't like vodka paralyzers, though; only difference is filling with both coke and milk instead of just milk)
Sicilian Kiss (1/2 southern comfort, 1/2 amaretto)
Liquid Cocaine (1/2 goldschlager, 1/2 jagermeister, 1/2 151 proof rum) -- sometimes this is called a Dead Nazi, I think.

yep... other than that, I usually drink Kilkenny or Guiness. If I'm in a crappy bar (read: one that doesn't serve kilkenny or guiness) then I'll usually just have local stuff... Labatt Blue or Sleeman Dark or something.

Long Island Ice Tea (for a start)
Zombie (when it gets serious)
Singapore Sling (especially the ones of the Raffles Hotel)
B 52s (in between)
some coconut or fruit stuff (at the beach)
Also like Margaritas, but usually they´re just too small

Wine´s not a cocktail per se, so it doesn´t count, but sure, I enjoy all kinds of wines, Chilean, South African, Italian, French, Californian.. red wine just with meat, solo it can be kinda heavy; no food means white wine or prosecco. Not much beer, but sometimes I like classical ice-cold Bud Extra Strong, Triple Diamond, or Kilkenny´s. No Guiness plz. Not the usual American beer (tastes like water, but there are exceptions, I know). When I DJed I used to choose vodka orange or whisky coke, with all those people wanting to buy me a drink, kinda finished that.

Last edited:
Long Island Ice Teas
Nuclear Ice Teas
Cuervo 1800 Margaritas (Actually, any kind of Margarita really)
Mimosos
Cape Cods
Snake Bites
Ales...

i hope you all are tipping, cause belive me, we ( bartenders) will talk shit about you all night and get to you last!

DeadMansParty said:
i hope you all are tipping, cause belive me, we ( bartenders) will talk shit about you all night and get to you last!
i always tip at least $1 per drink. sometimes $2 if it's more complicated/expensive. luckily i usually only have a max of 2 drinks if i'm out.

I only tip when the waitress shows her undies. :evil:

Excuse me for that.. it´s a Bukowski classic

Haha Jagermeister is evil! Doesn't it have sometding ridic like 50 herbs and spices?!!?

Frozen Margaritas
Screaming Orgasm :drool:
Roger Taylor (vodka, barcadi and lemonade)
Brian May (2 different kinds of Rum that I cant remember that names of, vodka and lemonade)
Bono (can't rememeber that either....but its bloody nice)

Ok last 3 of me and my friends inventions. Stay away from the Brian May!!

Normally when I go to a Bar and it is crowded, I do the following....(especially if it's dollar drinks night)
On the first drink I get from the bartender, if the drink is $1, I tip him a $10 bill, minimum.
This will make him/her remember me and on future trips to the bar, he/she will probably have my drink waiting for me......at this point you should tip $1 per drink, minimum!
You should NEVER tip in coins, NEVER!!!! Those cheap bastards, they should not go out if you can't afford the service.
That's my 2 cents....see ya at the bar.

Canada and Europe are a little different with coins, as we have $1 and $2 denominations in small metal disk form.

Anyway... I usually tip well when I go to bars, last time I went and had a couple pints I spent about $10 on the beer and $5 on tips.

I do a lot of bartending at work, since I work in a hotel restaurant/conference center, and we have 2 bars on site... and I've got to tell you. Businessmen/women, whether they're MBA students, highly paid executives, whatever... they tip like shit. Honestly, I made $2 in tips last time I worked and probably served about $200 of liquor. I'm competent in what I do, as our other bartenders have noticed similar trends.

Regardless, it doesn't matter who I'm serving, I'll memorize their drinks and will already start pouring if I see they're on their way back to the bar. If I'm making a round to collect glasses I'll even ask people if they want me to bring them a fresh drink (of their established preference) ... but apparently that's not worth much.

I guess its a bit different, too, when people can just charge drinks to their rooms and not have to worry about bringing cash to the bar, though. But still... It's not like they don't have the money to even pass me a single dollar per person when they're having 5-6 beers or 3-4 glasses of wine each... like come on. :|

Don't take it as a 1000% tip...see it as a way to pay for the service provided, remember that the drink was only $1, in this specific situation? If you were tipping on that $1, would you tip 15 cents?:drunk:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom