Cocktail and such...the cass report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I have wanted to show you this for some time. Finally getting a round tuit.
I've rambled on often enough for most of you to know my hub works part-time at a music college and recording studio. Each year they have to take a bunch of diploma students thru the writing, recording, publishing, making a film clip for and promoting an original song. 2002 was a tough year, the students didn't gel. Thereas lengthy "debates" about every little thing ,bt they still managed to mess quite a few things up. They hotly debated the title of the album..it was going to be "genetically modified" but one very vocal person vetoed that. I quite liked what they came up with in the end. They called it
"cocktail"
...the image and the colour they chose for it really reminded me of this place Interference. My favourite song from the CD is by the youngest female student ( girl power!) it's called "without you" ( bit like half the title of another song I LOVE)

So hub's first day back to meet the new bunch if students this year. Just as he drove off I wished him well...something's up,he said "I'm this close to quitting" so I suppose that's what I'm doing here in Zoo Confessional...
confessing to being nervous/afraid/upset, trying to think of what I can do to help. Only thing I can think of for now is to not come here.
I think I've tried that before and it doesn't seem to work.
Gosh there is a lot of pressure in the workplace these days it seems, so many people getting screwed. I know we are better off than so many people trying to survive in this world...but still, can't say I'm not worried about what is going to happen next.

Attachments

• cocktail2002.jpg
    cocktail2002.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 33
:hug: cass babe, I hope hub is ok. Work is a nightmare when you think its bad enough to leave :(
I'll be thinking of you and your man, hoping that things work out ok.
We got some rain today! Not much, we got a mild storm, parts of Sydney and the Blue Mountains got hammered though! Water! I'll be praying some make its way up to you as well.
I thought breifly about posting this in a new thread too, but decided nay. My husband was retrenched a few weeks after the bub was born. Such is life, thats how it goes, etc etc. Gotta move on and not dwell on the bad. His whole company collapsed actually and he is working hard now looking for a new job. All his old colleagues are now on the job hunt. Pity he works in an unstable industry - IT. sigh.

The CD looks fantastic Cass! Those kids ought to be proud, and so should your hubby. He helped make that!

Hugs and well wishes Cass,
xoxox

thanks Angela, thanks KR.
I'm sorry about your hub's company and job...you have a good attitude about it. Good luck with your search.
Good job's are rare as hen's teeth up here, so he won't quit...he can't. Just working in a government department that keeps adding and adding more layers of bureacracy really had him in a state. So many forms and so much time wasting just to order one new little thing...drives him bats, at times. In some areas they have such stringent procedures and in others they are so slack.It's just a bit soul-destroying seeing tax-payers money swallowed up, when you can see a more efficient way to do things....ahh well,move on, don't dwell. Good advice.

Thanks for listening girls and thanks for the encouragement.:yes: :hug:

PS: he has met the new 2003 intake of students....he said "they are a good looking bunch" He knows I am still touchy about one of the teachers divorcing his wife(my close friend) of 20 years and getting together with a student half his age. Those girls spend a lot of time practicing to be "stars" and shaking their groove thing, they all gravitate towards my mickel....so he quickly corrected himself " they seem talented ,quite good musicians and should gel".....tee hee.

Back
Top Bottom