Chicago tickets selling for crazy prices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here's a sampling from stubhub.com of ticket prices for the 5/21 MSG show...

114 D
Price $824.00 each

307 E
Price $824.00 each

316 m
Price $883.00 each

308 M
Price $883.00 each

306 F
Price $883.00 each

314 J
Price $942.00 each

GA FLOOR
Price $1,176.00 each

FL GA7
Price $1,353.00 each

FLOOR G/A GA5
Price $1,471.00 each

233 D
Price $1,942.00 each

65 K
Price $2,059.00 each

215 C 7-8
Price $2,200.00 each

221 A 13
Price $2,500.00 each

40 N
Price $2,648.00 each

226 F
Price $2,648.00 each 17d 0h 51m

70 M
Price $2,942.00 each

88 M
Price $3,236.00 each

It's worth it to pay 1,000 dollars for a crappy seat in Chicago. Chicago is the best city in the universe. That's not just me saying it, it's a fact.

unosdostres14 said:
It's worth it to pay 1,000 dollars for a crappy seat in Chicago. Chicago is the best city in the universe. That's not just me saying it, it's a fact.

Better than New York?

Hmmmm.....:wink:

unosdostres14 said:

too cold there

I'd rather save my $$$ and see them at MSG...still a couple month's rent or something...

matt_tx00 said:
I'd rather save my $$$ and see them at MSG...still a couple month's rent or something...

MSG GAs (May 21st show) are going for about $1000. sadly, that is LESS than 1 month's rent, here in lovely Manhattan... :sad:

daygloeyes2 said:

Can you even get a studio for 1G in Manhattan?

in Manhattan? unlikely... definitely in Broolyn or Queens. you could probably find one in Manhattan for that price, though the neighborhood would probably be either really inconvenient or unsafe.

i am currently searching for a new apt, and it is a hellish heliish process... Moreover, once you actually find a place, you're probably gonna have to pay a real estate broker 15% of the ANNUAL rent (as commission). for my first apt in the city, the broker showed me 3 apts over the course of 2 hours- i took the third one, and he walked away with $6000 (courtesy of me and my 2 roommates). :madspit:

the things people do to live in this city... :huh: i really love NY, but one day i'm just gonna get fed up w/ the prices of everything. then i'll move to L.A. and spend all my time in my car! :wink: :eyebrow:

unosdostres14 said:

New York isn't even original. It's NEW york. They couldn't even come up with a good name. That's what I call PATHETIC.
:wink:

so why is Chicago's nickname the SECOND city?

maybe because another city is first....

*Ally* said:

i am currently searching for a new apt, and it is a hellish heliish process... Moreover, once you actually find a place, you're probably gonna have to pay a real estate broker 15% of the ANNUAL rent (as commission). for my first apt in the city, the broker showed me 3 apts over the course of 2 hours- i took the third one, and he walked away with $6000 (courtesy of me and my 2 roommates). :madspit:

My best friend moved from Houston to Manhattan last fall. He lives near the W. 4th Street subway stop. He has two roommates and pays super-cheap rent - about $550 a month. But basically their place is a box where the shower is in the kitchen and they use the same sink for cooking, grooming, and washing dishes. Everyone on the hall shares the same bathroom, and its not a bathroom - its basically a room with a toilet in it. I would call it a "cute" place but all the paint's peeling off the walls and his neighbor is this old drunk. But man what an amazing location!

He said the guy at the end of the hall pays ~$2000/mo for a 2-bdrm and still has to share a bath. Don't know if this is true or not.

...sorry we digress off-topic U2...

New Yorkers can keep New York. Same with So-Cal...keep their monopoly money rent and mortgages.

The desert is where life begins. If only we could convince U2 to play here....ever.

matt_tx00 said:
Check out this auction that just ended on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6528307442&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

That's not even a broker that sold those i don't think! I had almost the exact same seats in Denver for $400. It's amazing what a difference a city will make.

Denver was an anomaly as far as ticket prices are concerned. I got four pairs of seats off Ebay for less than half of face value. For some reason there was not enough demand for scalpers to keep their prices high; instead they were cutting their losses at our discretion!!! I love it!!!

cmb737 said:

The desert is where life begins. If only we could convince U2 to play here....ever.

Haha! My favorite band doesn't play in your area either, much to the disgust of certain fans. Of course, my guys don't play in my state either.... :huh: Oh well, just makes it more sweet when I do get to see them (at least that's what I keep telling myself :) ).

I bought my ticket on Ebay a week ago. I paid $77 and it has a face value of $165. I am sooooooooo thrilled. Im going on the 10th.
Does anyone know how to sneak a camera inside?

unosdostres14 said:
Chicago is the best city in the universe. That's not just me saying it, it's a fact.
And with not 1 but 2 major league baseball franchises, Chicago must be rolling in World Series parades along the lake....er...uh....well...uh...:wink:

*Ally* said:

in Manhattan? unlikely... definitely in Broolyn or Queens. you could probably find one in Manhattan for that price, though the neighborhood would probably be either really inconvenient or unsafe.

the things people do to live in this city... :huh: i really love NY, but one day i'm just gonna get fed up w/ the prices of everything. then i'll move to L.A. and spend all my time in my car! :wink: :eyebrow:

I live in Manhattan too, and I can say this without hesitation: if you pay a broker 15% of the annual rent, you are a sucker. With even the barest of efforts, you can find brokers who will charge one month's rent, or go on Craigslist and find no-fee or limited-fee apartments. Basically, to pay 15% of a year's rent, you have to walk into a broker's office with an "I'm an easy mark" sticker on your forehead.

Still, if your post dissuades others from moving here, then good work!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Chicago tickets selling for crazy prices!

8rattoon said:

Denver was an anomaly as far as ticket prices are concerned. I got four pairs of seats off Ebay for less than half of face value. For some reason there was not enough demand for scalpers to keep their prices high; instead they were cutting their losses at our discretion!!! I love it!!!

Yeah, I was thrilled with my Denver seats. Ended up with a pair in 148, Row 1 - front row one section back from the stage - bought on e-bay for $400. You can't even FIND tickets like that for Chicago or New York anywhere unless you go straight to the broker sites - and they start at something like I dunno $1200/pair or what have you.

Last edited:
Crazy thread! I love it!

So I was contemplating going to Chicago this week, but now I'm not-so-much interested. So these prices for a 4 night series... This doesn't bode well for my chances of getting good seats at face for the 2 September Chicago shows now, does it! :mad:

u2girlcj said:
Crazy thread! I love it!

So I was contemplating going to Chicago this week, but now I'm not-so-much interested. So these prices for a 4 night series... This doesn't bode well for my chances of getting good seats at face for the 2 September Chicago shows now, does it! :mad:

The ticket prices for the Chicago shows are over-hyped. There is only one show in demand in Chicago, and that's the Saturday 5/7 show. (see my post in the "Tour Dates" thread http://forum.interference.com/t125133.html)

The weekday Chicago shows are falling far short of face value on ebay with the exception of GA's. Heck the GA's can be had for less than $300, which is cheaper than the remaining first leg shows (maybe except philly 5/22).

The September Chicago shows are a bit harder to find on ebay because they were selling at far less than face value. The scalpers caught on and are now waiting for the May shows to pass. (Same thing happened with the Oakland shows.) Additionally, the September Chicago shows had a hard time selling out in the first place. Again, only the GA's were selling above face on ebay. As a result, you are very likely to get primo seats at around face value for the September Chicago shows.

Just me thinks...

Back
Top Bottom