Chicago II Setlist Watch and Party - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Hello everyone, and welcome to today's party! After yesterday's extraordinary setlist, I think anticipation is high about what U2 may do tonight. Let's see if our hopes are realised!

As always, please do not post U2.com's setlist if they post it before the conclusion of the show. We want to watch the setlist unfold in real time.

I hope we have a source! Has anyone arranged anything?

Now enjoy the foreign food I'm about to pass around and have fun!

*passes around a big platter of New Zealand chocolate delights*

PS Yes, I know this is early - remember, Chicago's in central US time, folks! - but it seems everyone enjoys the parties early, so ...

I'll die if they ever play dirty day :drool: ... so lets hope that doesn't happen because I'm not ready to die yet :wink:

More realistically, should be a good show, hope the tapers are in full force! :yes:

Maybe :edge: will tell us more about the future...

:ohmy:
Axver.
Breakin' his own rules...

A pic from last night's show from U2log:

v3chicago-thumb.jpg

Well, Bob, I like the multicolors. Nice BIG letters. Great positioning - right there in front of the band in the front row. The band was sure to see it. I give these folks an over all score of 8.5. They get a 10 if the band plays it tonight.

U2dork said:
:

Well, Bob, I like the multicolors. Nice BIG letters. Great positioning - right there in front of the band in the front row. The band was sure to see it. I give these folks an over all score of 8.5. They get a 10 if the band plays it tonight.

Solid Dork :lol:

But I'd hate to spend a whole U2 concert holding a sign... :shrug:

:hyper:

:up: to the Mofo folks!

Bring on more great new stuff ... :drool:

bcrt2000 said:
I'll die if they ever play dirty day :drool: ... so lets hope that doesn't happen because I'm not ready to die yet :wink:

More realistically, should be a good show, hope the tapers are in full force! :yes:

Maybe :edge: will tell us more about the future...

There is been reports from fans talking to Bono and apparently they HAVE been rehearsing it. We might not see it tonight but that's pretty exciting news for all of you Dirty Day lovers ! (I like the song but I can't say it's the one I want to hear the most live)

As for MOFO, well, it's coming, I'm confident.

I'm watching that video of Walk On from last night. I don't care how rough it is---it's fucking awesome!!!

Utoo said:

At Boston II, when my friend and I found ourselves on the front row, we realised I had a couple of sheets of paper on me (my U2.com membership details printed) and for some reason, my friend had one of those thick, bold CD markers. So we turned them into signs for One Tree Hill and 11 O'clock Tick Tock and had a great time waving them during the show. We know Edge saw them, he laughed at Matthew's One Tree Hill sign.

Utoo said:

Well, usually people with signs only take them out when the band is in front of them and sure to see it. If you're on the rail you can just leave it in front of you until the right moment.

Utoo said:
I'm watching that video of Walk On from last night. I don't care how rough it is---it's fucking awesome!!!

I burst out laughing watching that for the first time! The lyrics search is classic comedy. :lmao:

Axver said:

At Boston II, when my friend and I found ourselves on the front row, we realised I had a couple of sheets of paper on me (my U2.com membership details printed) and for some reason, my friend had one of those thick, bold CD markers. So we turned them into signs for One Tree Hill and 11 O'clock Tick Tock and had a great time waving them during the show. We know Edge saw them, he laughed at Matthew's One Tree Hill sign.

A valiant effort! :up:

Axver said:

I burst out laughing watching that for the first time! The lyrics search is classic comedy. :lmao:

hehe! Absolutely!! :laugh: What a classic moment! It'll be nice to get a good video of that for keepers. I wonder if he'll mention it tonight...? :wink:

Axver said:

I laughed too. My roommate must have thought I'd gone insane.

*sigh*

I'm going to try and get some work dont before popping in closer to the start time.

*throws a pack of Tim-Tams on the table*

I know they are overrated guys, but I thought you might appreciate them. :wink:

timothius said:
*sigh*

I'm going to try and get some work dont before popping in closer to the start time.

*throws a pack of Tim-Tams on the table*

I know they are overrated guys, but I thought you might appreciate them. :wink:

Enjoy work! I might try a bit, too, but not yet..:no: :no: :wink:

RavenBlue said:
Indeed, the thing with U2 is .. heck they might play something they see on a sign in the crowd. I truly hope 11 oclock Tick Tock gets played sometime on this tour for you Axver :)

Hmm... I actually have my doubts about the power of signs asking for songs. It's really rare that U2 will play something that they haven't rehearsed, unless it's a really simple song or they have played it not long ago. So I think that fans with signs can encourage them and give them ideas, but it's unlikely they will play the requested song all of a sudden, unless they had planned to do it anyways.

Asking them before the show has a greater chance IMO, because if they want to play it they can always do a quick rehearsal during soundcheck. Apparently this is what happened for Fast Cars nad The First Time.

RavenBlue said:
Indeed, the thing with U2 is .. heck they might play something they see on a sign in the crowd. I truly hope 11 oclock Tick Tock gets played sometime on this tour for you Axver :)

After the show, we were wondering if they played Out Of Control because they saw the sign and didn't know 11 O'clock Tick Tock ... :shrug: Probably not, but it's still a cool thought.

I'd love for them to whip out 11OTT before Electric Co. :drool:

GG---I wanted to say great catch on the Pop symbols. I was really impressed when they used it a few days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom