Chicago 3 Setlist Party - Ballroom at last??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did he just say that his sons were competing with him for Ali's attention in the 70s?

Or did they name their kids after guys Bono beat for Ali's affections? Harsh, man. :lol:

Totally missed it :lol:.

RE: Bono's voice, I wonder if I'm just used to it kinda sound wonky from previous tours, but I didn't notice it was weak until someone pointed it out in here. You're right, he does sound kinda funky. I haven't heard anything else from the Chicago shows, so I have no idea if this is an improvement or not.

Again, maybe just because of this stream, but Edge's guitar on this song sounded a lot different, like he was just screwing around during the chorus :lol:

United Center - Chicago, IL - June 28, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

I think there's a much better chance of Crystal Ballroom tonight (because come on, if not now, when?) than Two Hearts.

I heard that @U2 gave Bono the idea to do speeches mid-song and change the lyrics of Streets.

#imagen #tonight

Miracle Occuring Right Now
Gloria
Vertigo
IWF
Iris
Cedarwood Road
Song for Someone
NYD
Raised By Wolves
UTEOTW

Invisible
EBTTRT
Mysterious Ways
Stay
Two Hearts
EBW
Bullet
RTSS
Pride
Bad
MOS
BD

COBL
Streets

I would be down with this.

Definite per who? Is the source reliable? Or is the source atU2 (no-so-reliable)

I don't know if I should really be coming in to bat for a site technically my competitor, but I don't know where this idea came from that they aren't reliable - they're pretty careful with their sources. Anyway, for today's soundcheck their source (or at least one of them) is the same as mine, and he's reliable.

03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves

I would be down with this.

I don't know if I should really be coming in to bat for a site technically my competitor, but I don't know where this idea came from that they aren't reliable - they're pretty careful with their sources. Anyway, for today's soundcheck their source (or at least one of them) is the same as mine, and he's reliable.

I guess we'll see how reliable over the next few shows...

But again, atU2 have been wrong more than right on a number of 'claims' over the years.

... did I just hear a line from "Any Dream Will Do" from Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in the radio bits before the bomb?

/random

I'm so glad that Johnny Comes Marching Home snippet is back, and I'm glad it returned in time for me to see it.

I guess we'll see how reliable over the next few shows... But again, atU2 have been wrong more than right on a number of 'claims' over the years.

Yes, but don't forget that just because a song doesn't appear in the set doesn't mean it wasn't rehearsed. *coughDrowningMancough* ;)

... did I just hear a line from "Any Dream Will Do" from Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in the radio bits before the bomb?

/random

IDK, I took my headphones off during that part :lol:. I was the only person in the seats when I saw them the third time that plugged their ears as soon as that part started. I didn't wanna ruin the surprise for the people around me, but I also didn't want to hear that explosion again XD.

I don't know how to provide the links for a specific Periscope feed, but Pugs N Rock has an OUTSTANDING feed going right beside the stage.

GLORIA!!! YES!

This is the one I'm watching. I'm loving it because the bass is so much higher, :lol:. Raised By Wolves also getting a more amped up effect thanks to it :lmao:.

I love that they've played the "Seasons in the Sun" snip during that bit at all the shows. It was my first 45 record single purchase ever, age 12. :reject:

I guess we'll see how reliable over the next few shows...

I don't know how this is meant to be proven, since there's no rule that a song being soundchecked is any guarantee it will be done live.

(Still bitter about listening to Drowning Man being soundchecked and it wasn't played.)

03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World

Back
Top Bottom