Catching the Bonosapian (a PLEBAn tale) - Chapter 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
I meant to post this yesterday, but time got away from me. Anyhow, some of you should be pleased with the turn this chapter takes. And some more of you should be pleased that I managed to include the strange little thing featured in this thread.
Enjoy! :D

---------------------------------------------------

After dropping Bono off for his session with the Spice Girls, Adam had gone back to his new house to work on his garden. It was a rather interesting garden, with a keyhole-shaped lawn, and had been a huge driving force toward his desire to own the home. Slipping on his gardening gloves, he made his way out to the back corner of the garden, where he'd been working diligently before he'd had to leave. There would be a lot more work to do out here in the spring, but for now he could at least get some of the flowerbeds turned over, so he could get bulbs into the ground before it froze. Other parts of the garden were choked with weeds, and that too needed to be remedied, sooner, rather than later.
Adam worked diligently until he'd gotten two more flowerbeds up to his standards, and then decided it was time for a break. Removing his gardening gloves and leaving them on a bench by the back door, Adam went into the kitchen for a cool glass of lemonade. Here in the kitchen, the afternoon sun was already beginning to streak through the western window, and Adam knew he wouldn't have too many hours of daylight left to work. The days were already getting shorter, and that was a pity.
Adam poured his glass of lemonade and glanced over to his laptop, sitting open on the kitchen counter. He kept it there, so that he could conveniently look up gardening tips during his lemonade breaks. Now, however, the only window open was his MSN contacts list. Sitting down on a stool, Adam scrolled through it, observing the usual suspects. But here was something unexpected, Bono was logged on to MSN. Perhaps he too was taking a break from his day's work. Adam double clicked Bono's display name, and an IM window opened.

---------------------

Lost in the voyeuristic thrill of hearing unfinished U2 song, Wayne was so distracted when the IM window popped up, that he forgot that he was using Bono's computer. Wayne was used to conversing daily on MSN with BRI members, so when the window popped up with a message asking if he'd made any progress, he assumed it was a BRI member asking for an update on the mission.

Petunia intergrifolia says: Making any progress?
Love left a window in the skies says: Yes, and you wouldn't believe what I've found!

Wayne had replied automatically, without thinking. It wasn't until he saw the display name that he realized what he'd done. Wayne liked Window in the Skies, but he wouldn't have picked it for his display name. In an instant, he knew he'd replied as Bono, to whoever had IMed. Quickly Wayne glanced at the top of the window to see the email address of this Petunia person. "snarkysparky@u2.com" Wayne's heart pounded. That was Adam, it had to be. The computer chimed, another IM had been recieved.

Petunia intergrifolia says: What did you find?

Wayne removed his hands from the keyboard and scooted his chair back from the desk a bit. He felt like a total intruder. He didn't know what to do, so he simply stared at the screen, and soon, two more IMs arrived.

Petunia intergrifolia says: Bono?
Petunia intergrifolia says: Are you there?

Panicking, Wayne closed out MSN. He wanted to go back to what he'd been doing, but knew he couldn't now. Gluey was still in charge here, and she'd need to know about this possibly-detrimental breach. Shutting off the computer completely, Wayne shoved it back into its case, swung it onto his shoulder, and made his way downstairs to the observation room, steeling himself to break the news to Gluey.

-------------

JC had allowed Bono to put his shirt back on, much to the annoyance of those PLEBAns observing him from the other room. Mia, Effanbee, and JC had cleared out of the room then, and BF and Wild entered instead, pulling along with them a rack of clothing.
"What's this?" Bono asked.
"I'm BF, I'll be your personal stylist. This is Wild, she'll be in charge of leather."
"We have several items here we'd like you to try on." Wild said, sorting through the items hanging on the rack.
Bono stood up to take a closer look at the clothing. Bending over, he plucked something stringy and red from a hook near the bottom of the rack. "What is this?!" He asked, holding it out delicately between his thumb and forefinger, as though he didn't want to touch it.
"It's..." BF began, then, seeing how appalled Bono looked, she plucked it from his hand and shoved it into her pocket. "It's nothing."
"I told you he wouldn't go for it, BF." Wild said sadly.
Bono, pleased the frightening garment (if you could call that a 'garment') was put away, gave the entire rack a once-over, just to make sure there weren't any other surprises lurking. Satisfied that everything else there was indeed wearable, Bono stepped away from the rack.
"Alright, but I'm not changing in front of that window."
Wild glanced at the mirror on the wall, knowing full-well that it truly was a window, and that everyone in the other room could see in. Bono couldn't know that for a fact, and so Wild bluffed. "That's just a mirror."
Bono looked back at Wild with a deadpan 'who do you think you're kidding' look. Wild looked at BF. BF looked at Bono and sighed. "Fine, you can change in the bathroom."
Upon hearing this, several of the PLEBAns observing from the other side of the wall let out sounds of objections. Mia shouted "Oh, come on!" and threw a piece of popcorn at the window, aiming for BF and Wild.
BF and Wild picked out several combinations of frilly shirts and leather pants, and sent him into the bathroom to try them on, instructing him to come out and model each outfit for them.
The first outfit consisted of a frilly hot-pink shirt and black leather pants. This was met with applause (and a fair bit of drooling) by the PLEBAns observing through the window. The second outfit, however, was a bit more embellished.
Bono came out of the bathroom looking down at his pants. "Why are there glittery arrows pointing toward my crotch?"
BF glanced at Wild, who answered Bono cleverly. "To help you aim in case you decide to shove a camera at your crotch any time soon."
"Uh huh." Bono said, turning back toward the bathroom to try on the next outfit.
When Bono had tried on and modelled every item on the rack, the ladies decided on a button down shirt (although they only allowed him to button two buttons) in a powdery lavender-blue shade, and the black leather pants with the glittery arrows.
"Now then." BF said, straightening the collar of Bono's shirt. "This really brings out your eyes, speaking of which..." She reached up and removed Bono's sunglasses. "Let's get ride of these."
"Hey, I need those!" Bono protested.
"No, you really don't." Wild said, taking them from BF and slipping them into her shirt pocket. "I'll give them to Wayne when I see them. You really do look delicious, Bono."
"Sit down, Bono." BF instructed, and when he had, she climbed on the bed and knelt behind him, running her fingers through his short hair. "Not much to work with here, you really should grow it out just a little bit. Two inches, max." This too, was met with cheers of approval on the other side of the wall.
Soon, BF and Wild were satisfied that they'd gotten the Bonosapian looking at his very best, and so, gathering up all of the clothing (including the clothes he'd been wearing when he came in, just to make sure he didn't try to change back into them) they left him alone again.

--------------------------

I wonder what's gonna happen next? :hmm:

Well actually, I don't wonder, 'cause I already know ;)

Wooo, I get Bono's glasses :yippie:

:lol:Adam's screen name.

I like how you added the strange undergarment to the story, and the way the Plebans are reacting from within the observation room :lmao:

Hahaha, PLeban fantasy - removing Bono's shades to reveal his gorgeous eyes!

OK, maybe ONE of the many Pleban fantasies!! :laugh:

WHAT NEXT???? Will they make hiim sing anything sexy, whispery, moaning? Or al least make him read something aloud!!!

I love the vision I get of Adam, his house and working in the garden. Gives a very serene feeling??:drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom