Canada, oh Canada!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that Canada is awesome!

I've been to Victoria, Montreal, and the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, and it was all very lovely. :up: Oh- I've also been to Windsor, the place to go to drink if you're under 21 but 19+.

Tim Horton's is nice, too! ;)

Last edited:
Hey, what about the west coast? In Vancouver you can ski in the morning and sail in the afternoon, we have the world's best variety of restaurants (due to our cultural diversity) and a pretty good celeb scene with all the movies filmed here plus our accents are more Californian than Canadian, what's up dude

meegannie said:
Nope, like these:

Image3.gif

Like M&M's, but better.

:drool:

i was going to post about these, but i saw the pic while i scrolled and started :drool:

mmmm...smarties

hey thanks guys. that's really nice to hear nice things about canada from people all over the world.

i'm from halifax,ns on the east coast and i can say with out a doubt that myself or none of my friends say aboot. we say about like everyone else. i used to have a bit of an accent because i'm orginally from cape breton island which kinda sounds like newfies. i actually once had someone from the states thinking i was irish because of my accent. i don't see it but maybe that's the closest match they could come up with.

anyway, tim hortons rocks. i don't like coffee but i like theirs. and their ice cappacinos are to die for.

and smarties are awesome. i just had a box earlier. i had no idea that you couldn't get them in the states. weird.

meegannie said:
Nope, like these:

Image3.gif

Like M&M's, but better.

I loved these! A friend and I went to Niagra Falls a few years ago and fell in love with these. There was a candy bar that we kind of liked too...I think it was called Aero or something.

I visit Tim Horton's here at least every other day and also love the Iced Cappacino.

Love to visit Montreal sometime.

Aero is made by the same people who make Smarties (Nestle) AND Coffee Crisp! :drool:

Oh, and I loooooove Tim's Ice Caps.....:drool:

But Meegannie, what on earth is Canadian Ketchup?!? We just have the ordinary kind that you guys have! :scratch:

All you people who are visiting Canada and are coming anywhere near Toronto, please come and visit me!

:wave:

Coffee crisp is flaky...coffee type taste, kind of. Hard to explain....want one?

I agree w/ MRs Edge....is you guys are ever anywhere near Toronto (T.O.) let me know! Come visit!

And as for the accents, whaaat? It's the weirdest thing. I really don't hear it at all. I know I do say "eh.." but that's about it....funny though, i went to New York a few years ago and got stopped by an actor who said her recognized my Canadian accent because one of the girls he acted with had one too and was trying to get rid of it :shrug:

You CAN'T get Smarties in the States???

This thread made me feel good. I love this country, though I've never been west of Ontario--only East, to the Maritimes. I agree. Montreal est tres belle.

Thanks for the attempted description of Coffee Crisp.

No we don't have Smarties here in the States and I loved those! You'd think we would since we have Nestle products here.

I have to say that the Canadians that I have encountered havent really had an accent that stood out to me really. Anyway I'd love to visit Toronto also.

Mrs. Edge said:
Aero is made by the same people who make Smarties (Nestle) AND Coffee Crisp! :drool:

Oh, and I loooooove Tim's Ice Caps.....:drool:

But Meegannie, what on earth is Canadian Ketchup?!? We just have the ordinary kind that you guys have! :scratch:

All you people who are visiting Canada and are coming anywhere near Toronto, please come and visit me!

:wave:

Coffee Crisp was the free candy bar I got. :drool:

The ketchup they had was just a homemade ketchup. It was sooooooo good, though.

I just wish I could've gotten a squishy moose!!!

THE TOQUE
CANADA'S SOURCE FOR HUMOUR AND SATIRE

TORONTO-- It has taken Edward Eden almost a lifetime, but he believes he has found his soulmate of chocolate bars--the Coffee Crisp. After years of candy-craving uncertainty and snack confusion, Edward thinks that he has found the right chocolate bar, the confection that represents him the best.

Edward Eden believes that the Coffee Crisp is his right light snack.

"I can't believe it's taken me this long to find my match," said Edward, 39. "I spent the last ten years of my life as a Kit Kat man; I thought the bar was snappy, like me. It had four fingers of delicious chocolatey wafers--you didn't have to commit to the whole thing at once. It was a chocolate bar with class, yet carried a hint of smarm, that showed off my frivolous side.

"Oh I'd tried other candy bars. When I was a teenager, sure I experimented--but everyone did. Mars, Snickers, Goobers, it didn't matter. Back then it was just for the sugar kick. I was young, and I did foolish things. Eventually I settled down with the Kit Kat bar. But ultimately, the Kit Kat and I were mismatched. But even though it no longer felt right, I hung on to Kit Kat for several sordid years. It was unfair to me, and to my chocolate bar. I regret that now."

Edward reflected on his snacking past momentarily, but then continued:

"Of course, I feel disappointed that I lost the best years of my life with the wrong chocolate," said Edward, "but life is like that I guess. I just had to move on. There was no sense brooding over it."

Edward discovered the Coffee Crisp when he was out shopping for nasal decongestant.

"I saw the Coffee Crisp at the checkout counter--they were on sale, two for a dollar. I'd never tried one before. I thought it was one of those pretentious bars, kind of snobby and full of attitude. Well, I was wrong. The Coffee Crisp felt like the right fit from the first seconds I hand my fingers on it...before it began to melt that is."

Edward was sure about the match after only one or two bites.

"I felt a little guilty, like I was cheating or something," continued Edward. "Here I was enjoying another chocolate bar--and the Kit Kats were not even 10 feet away from me! But I couldn't help myself. It just felt so right, so true. It had something that Kit Kat was never able to give me--larger layers of wafers with more crunch...and a rich creamy taste."

"It was delicious too, which was a bonus," said Edward. "I didn't realize it at the time, but Coffee Crisp represents a certain maturity and class that I had never found before in any other chocolate bar. Maybe I wasn't mature enough before. Maybe I wasn't ready for the Coffee Crisp--until now."

Edward has since made a commitment to his candy bar choice--he just bought a case of them from Costco.

"I didn't even think twice about the purchase," said Edward. "I never would have done that with the Kit Kats, or even Three Musketeers. It wasn't right--until now." Edward took a big bite for emphasis.

"How do you like your coffee?" asked Edward rhetorically with another bite. "Crisp," he answered himself and smiled with pleasure.

coffeecrisp.jpg

TOQUE!!!! :lmao: Sexy men, Ketchup chips, you name it...

Everyone, hold on to your hats, I'm comin to Toronto this summer :hyper: It'll be my first time in Canada. be gentle. I cant wait to see the *snort*... "BUTT STOPS!!!" :laugh:

and oh yeah, bassy- i've HEARD you say ABOOOT like 5 times. and OOOOOT stead of OUT. :sexywink:

Anne of Green Gables is my fave movie and its all ABOOOT canadians.

*waves Newfoundland flag*

Flag Pole Pear said:
canada was occupied by the nazis during world war 2, how many of you know that?

Um no. "Occupied" in the context of a war means in control of does it not?

To my understanding we came damn close, with German U-boats just off the Halifax harbour.

But I dont recall learning about German troops actually landing on Canadian soil. But I could be wrong.

:huh: You guys don't have ketchup potato chips? Poor Americans. What about Dill Pickle chips? :sexywink:

A few companies here make ketchup potato chips. Sometimes I can find them at Rite Aid, but they haven't had them rencently. :mad:

Zone, did you ever try the ketchup chips? What did you think?

I looooooooooove Ketchup chips. Considering how into fries with Ketchup the Americans are, I am extremely surprised they don't have this.

And what about BUTTER TARTS mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Every American friend I have that tries these little pies from Heaven never goes back. :drool: (they are like little pecan pies, but with no nuts and very gooey and sweet).

Ali Rose, I am counting on you to come and visit me! And I know you hate tribute bands, but you are going to have to come and see Elevation anyway. :D

:drool: Butter Tarts..................................................................

timmy's!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
vincent lecavelier, that was one of them! :drool: The other one was a goalie, unless that was him, lol. I haven't watched hockey obsessively in about 3 years, :eek:

Vincent, my future husband. :love:

flag pole bear...:no:...you should know better...havlat isn't french canadian:lol:

april is thinking of the sens patrick lalime
lalime.jpg

lalime is a nice guy is well...in fact a lot of the sens are nice.
maybe that's why they suck in the playoffs.

We have salt and vinegar chips here. They're my favourite kind. A lot of restaurants have vinegar for fries, but in some areas, they think it's weird.

i will be in toronto for a multiplicity of hours at the airport on April 30th. I expect ALL of you interf canadians to be there to greet me.

:D;)

Back
Top Bottom