Can this really be done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Millennium

Acrobat
At work last night, myself and a few of my co-workers were talking about various concerts we've been to and the seats we had at those concerts. One person had commented how they had seats in the last row for a Springsteen concert, and this prompted another co-worker to say something interesting. He claimed that at a recent concert, the tickets he bought were for the upper level.

However, the day of the concert, he went on Stub Hub and wrote down some of the seat and row numbers for tickets that were not yet purchased in the lower level. After arriving at the concert, he hung around those areas to see if people ever purchased the tickets and arrived for the seats. When the show was about to start, he said he "took" the seats he wrote down from Stub Hub because nobody had shown up, meaning the tickets were probably never purchased.

My question is, can something like this really be pulled off? To me, it seems like a risk to try to take seats that aren't yours, only to possibly have the rightful owners show up. I have to imagine this is tried alot and I wonder, would you be thrown out if you were caught in the wrong seats?

It happens all the time. If the seats are indeed bought you get asked to leave if you do it without bringing attention to yourself and the seats were never bought then you get better seats... It all depends on security and the door persons as well...

At sporting events, you always see people scurry up to find other open seats when that happens.

But I don't know if the security level at a U2 concert would mean you'd get tossed...

I kinda doubt it.

I doubt you'd be kicked out of the venue, merely just asked to move back to your seats. I know handfulls of people that "move down," whether at gigs or theater, and I've never known anyone getting thrown out for that. Your approach is merely a more educated approach at determining which seats you should move down to.

Although it would seem that unsold seats on StubHub mean empty seats during the show, I feel that some of those seats might be sold by the venue right before the concert begins in some type of behind the scenes buy-back deal that stadiums/promoters have with the ticket brokers...:hmm:

It's a good idea in with balcony seats hang out in the lower tiers if you havent got the appropriate ticket.

Although it would seem that unsold seats on StubHub mean empty seats during the show, I feel that some of those seats might be sold by the venue right before the concert begins in some type of behind the scenes buy-back deal that stadiums/promoters have with the ticket brokers...:hmm:

I have to agree. If you look at any one U2 concert on Stub Hub, there are thousands of tickets available to be purchased. I doubt U2 and the promoter would want them to go unsold. Though, in a stadium that holds 80,000 people, I highly doubt you would notice the empty seats because they would be scattered around the stadium.

I have to agree. If you look at any one U2 concert on Stub Hub, there are thousands of tickets available to be purchased. I doubt U2 and the promoter would want them to go unsold. Though, in a stadium that holds 80,000 people, I highly doubt you would notice the empty seats because they would be scattered around the stadium.

Stubhub seats are listed by private owners usually, so they are sold seats. Depending on venue, it may be difficult to move to lower sections because security checks section numbers.

Stubhub seats are listed by private owners usually, so they are sold seats. Depending on venue, it may be difficult to move to lower sections because security checks section numbers.

Yeah, I didn't pay close attention to the Stubhub part of the post, I wouldn't go by Stubhub. Stubhub is often used by private owners like stated above, by people who end up going if they can't get the insane profit they thought they could.

I would say TM charts are better to use the day of to scope out seats ahead of time, but even then you risk a day of sale...

I've got tickets to the upper level of Wembley (second night)

Having been to Wembley earlier this year, it was pretty obviously that although you could probably move about in the block if there are seats free, it would be practically impossible to move to the lower levels. So it all depends on the venue I guess..

I've got tickets to the upper level of Wembley (second night)

Having been to Wembley earlier this year, it was pretty obviously that although you could probably move about in the block if there are seats free, it would be practically impossible to move to the lower levels. So it all depends on the venue I guess..

That's what i figured as well. At the U2 concert I saw in the lower level, an attendent was checking tickets at the entrance to each section. I'm sure people do slip through, however.

I went to ac/dc at wembley last weekend with 6 friends. we all had GA tickets but one of my friends had upper level seating and had to enter the stadium through a different gate. he just came up to our gate with us and asked the steward if he could go on the pitch instead. The steward said no problem and there was no hassle from anyone else inside the stadium. Piece if cake.

I was in the lower tier of the Canal End (sec 319) for Dublin 1 in 2005. It was pretty shit tbh, a bit like looking at a concert that was happening somewhere else. Me and my mate walked round to sec 333 after about two songs and just stood up the back no hassle at all.

I know someone who swears by this, but I wouldn't recommend it. I have a horror story about that from the last Police tour where I moved BACK a couple rows to the almost empty back row of my section so as to allow two ladies to have a good time without my dancing ass in front of them :lol:. Ended up that I was vindicated by recieving two complimentary amazing view gold tickets for the following show, but being ejected and thrown out onto the pavement during the encore because I had moved seats earlier in the show was not what I'd call an event that enhanced my concert experience :lol:

They might give them to you

I went to see Madonna last fall with upper tier seats. As my friend and I were heading to the escalators, an arena employee stopped us and asked to see our tickets. She then offered to trade $300 seats for them. Apparently, those seats 1)hadn't sold 2) were saved for VIP's but none used them or 3)had been thought to be obstructed but they moved the offending equipment.
Folks around us heard all three of these 'reasons'. Whatever, we got really great seats for the same money.:applaud:

So maybe see if you can trade for unsold ones.

Birdlover

Back
Top Bottom