Californication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
COBL_04 said:
I want to know if all the x-files fans are :grumpy:.

:yes: I am a DD/XF fan and if I had Showtime I would watch Californication:(

I will have to wait for the DVD unless I can somehow download or view episodes online.

Lila64 said:
Oh yes, I know, I saw it. But I never heard of punching your "partner" during sex :shrug:

it is a good plot device

we have established she is slugger/ lover

DD is trying to get back with the ex

he may almost get there

and what could blow it all apart

the 16 year old's boyfriend could come over with a black eye

do you remember the scene
in episode one

when he is at the ex's new place with the shiner, and she ask about it

then the 16 year old walks in and he looks like he just saw a plane fly into a building

and the ex says "what's wrong? have you two met?"

it is like a game of chess

they got the next 6-7 moves already planned out :yes:

I only saw one episode. Does anything ever happen that doesn't involve Duchovny (who I don't particularly like anyway) and random younger women spontaneously taking their clothes off and having sex with him? I hated the one episode I saw and was surprised to hear how much people like it.

if you don't like a show dont watch it simple as that :shrug:

i hate it when people go around complaining about shows and trying to get them off the air.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. :rolleyes:

I was just wondering if that's basically what the show is about--David Duchovny's character having sex. I don't see why that's a question to get pissy about. I'm not interested in bashing the show. In fact, I'm wondering if there's more to it so that I might consider watching it again.

Duchovny.jpg

joyfulgirl said:

I was just wondering if that's basically what the show is about--David Duchovny's character having sex. I don't see why that's a question to get pissy about. I'm not interested in bashing the show. In fact, I'm wondering if there's more to it so that I might consider watching it again.

i watched a re run of it last night and i think his daughter's journey is very important in this story, - her drug experimentation, how do i impress boys other than by making out etc.

also i think the 16 yo slugger girl is there to set him up - sent from the ex wife ??? did she behind the scenes say go pick him up and slug him so i will know ?? :shrug:
pehaps i am ovethinking.

oh yeah and it has some bloody hillarious one liners that keep it rolling along beautifully.

joyfulgirl said:

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. That's fair enough. I can understand where people are coming from - I would think a majority of its audience are going to be pre-adults just looking for a good perv. But I agree with jen there's going to be messages sent you can see it. It'll have it's moments.

Last night's wasn't as good as the first one. The whole getting high/having sex/ralphing bit was bloody hilarious.

I haven't seen the show at all, but I wish all these pathetic Christain groups could shut the bloody hell up about how it's against family values....

And the Bible's ok, with all it's violence.

OMFG i nearly fell off my bed laughing at that scene... i think its funny because its happened to alot of us :giggle:

Mia is a scary scary character ... real bunny boiler!

the daughter is playing a very important role in this story . some really poingnant moments with her , - "bill told me not to take the lords name in vein- i was wearing my cradle of filth tshirt, the one that says jesus is a C word on the back" :lol:

also love the hallucinations/ flashbacks of him and the partner being together. :cute:

and he said defiled again ... i hope he says it every episode :giggle:

mmmm defiled :drool:

I'm LOVING this show!

I may piss some peeps off by saying this, but it's almost like THIS is the role Duchovny was born 4... he's perfect!

what did we think of the lack of sex last night but the gratuitious use of the C bomb ? it didnt worry me at the time , but then i thought :uhoh: those damm chrisitan do gooder groups will be at it again to get it taken off tv.

may i also add DD is getting more and more :combust: each time i see this show :drool:

Doesn't bother me, I hear it every five seconds at school :shrug: The people that blame these shows are so out of touch it's not funny..

The first episode has still been the best. And you can see now that they didn't just write this show because they wanted to make a show to piss off the uptights.

i can see they made this show to keep me very happy :drool: :combust: and there's the odd tit show for the guys. actually loved the adtition of the BDSM secretary :giggle:

still enjoy the story line between him his daughter and the ex though its very touching

I agree somewhat, but last night's events with Karen might move things along a bit.

I liked this last episode

they don't have to push the envelope so hard every week

this week they kind of reeled it in a bit

and did some good character developement

i haven't seen this week's episode -- i watch it the weekend after on Memphis's DVR -- so i look forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom