Bull fight in Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
part of a review by Ally who was in attendance

- UTEOTW rocked! i love this song- wish bono and edge had gone out onto the ellipse and done the whole bullfight thing, but bono made up for it by taking a flower and feather boa from a girl in the front row, and then sang 'in the garden, i was playing the tart'... it was really funny!

yes Thursday they were both out on the catwalk and passed each other with a little back and forth but definitely not the full bull fight that was done on Elevation. I was right outside the bomb shelter on Edge's side so I was hoping for the bull fight, it would have been right in front of me. They passed each other around the tip in the middle but Edge kept going around.

Yeah, its been done to death

if they are going to do something they should try something new and fresh

after 3 tours of doing the same bull fight it loses a bit of the spontenaity, dont ya think?

i would not call that a bull fight on the 2nd boston show.

they just kind of crossed paths on the ellipse.

I couldn't care less about the bull fight but IF they were going to do it at Boston2, it would have been right in front of me and there would have been some good pics....otherwise I dont care about it.

it came off awesome on the sLane DVD, but ya, a lot of times it just looked kind of corny and played out.

correct, they started to do it, and then bono came over my way. Stepped out onto a small platform on the crowd railing.... "stepping into the crowd" we all held him up. He used to do this in 92 during zoo inside... right during the lyrics "my sorrows learned to swim"...... but on boston #2 he did it on the outtro of the song.... im hoping someone has pics of this. my coolest U2 moment eva!!!!!

Chizip said:

after 3 tours of doing the same bull fight it loses a bit of the spontenaity, dont ya think?

chizip where'd you get your sig image?

Chizip said:

Bullfight is great. They should bring it back, as it works even better in a circular shaped catwalk.

Trying new things? Funny this should come from one of the loudest people when it comes to

-no red lights and white light flashing at the start of Streets
-playing lots of old less known songs, avoiding the hits

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom