Bono's voice better now or in 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
Do u guys thing Bono is singing better now or in 2004 -5 -6 durring the vertigo tour. I have 2 minds on the issue.

I think he tone is slightly different now - lower and fuller - which i like also his falsetto seems better so far but I miss the big long notes he seemed to have mastered on the last tour

From the recent recourdings from 360 I havent heard him hold out his notes like he did on the vertigo tour. Maybe the newer songs just dont have as many of those kinds of longer notes in them but for example he always held the you dont have to go it aloooooooooooooone in somtimes and the siiiiiiiiing ( i frankly dont know if he could do that now) Look to the feeeeeels in vertigo in 2004-5-6 but now he did them but now he never holds the feeeeeeels in vertigo and also doesnt hold the the rewwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind in NOLH live or realy even the ooooooooohhhs in the middle of the song (he is playing guitar on the song so I know that can affect his singing) he is also given up un the Neeeeeeeeds in breath and now just kind of yells.

I dont know - his singing has been good so far on the tour but I really miss the long notes he was doing on the last tour - what do u guys think

Do u guys thing Bono is singing better now or in 2004 -5 -6 durring the vertigo tour. I have 2 minds on the issue.

I think he tone is slightly different now - lower and fuller - which i like also his falsetto seems better so far but I miss the big long notes he seemed to have mastered on the last tour

From the recent recourdings from 360 I havent heard him hold out his notes like he did on the vertigo tour. Maybe the newer songs just dont have as many of those kinds of longer notes in them but for example he always held the you dont have to go it aloooooooooooooone in somtimes and the siiiiiiiiing ( i frankly dont know if he could do that now) Look to the feeeeeels in vertigo in 2004-5-6 but now he did them but now he never holds the feeeeeeels in vertigo and also doesnt hold the the rewwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind in NOLH live or realy even the ooooooooohhhs in the middle of the song (he is playing guitar on the song so I know that can affect his singing) he is also given up un the Neeeeeeeeds in breath and now just kind of yells.

I dont know - his singing has been good so far on the tour but I really miss the long notes he was doing on the last tour - what do u guys think

The rewind note is a very high note, one note he might be impossible to hit on Vertigo tour. In the rewind tour the sound is a more clean and lighter(younger) sound that he didnt have on Vertigo tour.
I dont think he have problems to hold the long notes, it just that he sings so much stronger and rawer in the whole songs that he dosnt get the time to get energy to hold the notes very long. On Vertigo tour he sang very calm in the most parts of the song, wich made it more easy to hold the notes for longer time.

The raw power he got in Desire and UV this tour is something the Vertigo Bono would have hard with.

This is whats better now compare to Vertigo tour:

- His raw power is alot stonger

- His falsetto is alot better

- His low voice is much stronger, just listen to the first verse on UV it sounds like ZooTV Bono.

- He has devolope the opera sound more, just listen to the 2009-07-07 - Milan version of Magnificent.

- The sound he has in MOS is something he never gad before.

when I first read this thread title I said "what?!?!"

....yeah...this is a no-brainer....I actually think he's at one of his highpoints in his career...or getting to that high point if his voice keeps improving as the tour continues...

just listen to that rendition of "Stand By Me" from Milan...nothing vocally insane, but just the sound of his voice and the way he sings certain words...there's no comparison to 2004...his voice is just more solid and smooth now.

I'm pretty shocked by how good he sounds on this tour.. can't wait to see it live on Saturday. I was watching 'No Line' from Paris on youtube his voice is sooo strong!

And IF....there is another tour, people will be creaming themselves, suggesting how much better/stronger Bono's voice is on that tour compared to the 360 TOUR. Its always the same!

And IF....there is another tour, people will be creaming themselves, suggesting how much better/stronger Bono's voice is on that tour compared to the 360 TOUR. Its always the same!

During the Elevation and Vertigo tours I thought Bono sounded pretty bad (especially during the earlier legs). I think he sounds incredible now, even better than the later legs of the previous two tours

Honestly, from a technical standpoint, he's probably the best he's ever been right now. This is probably the best combination of strength and precision that I've heard in his voice.

Is Bono drinking or smoking at all anymore? I'm sure he has a few glasses of wine, but the guy sounds simply amazing on this tour.

i know u guys are right and that video of moment of surender is great - set ourselves on fire/ god do not deny part was massive - but i miss the long notes that he seemed to really showcase on the vertigo tour I guess i was just impressed by those

like remember how he would do that crazy last soooooooooooooooo loooog in angel of harem when they were doing it back in 05 and 06 i miss that

YouTube - U2 - Angel of harlem Live Honolulu 2006 - at 305 where is that kind of singing now

i know u guys are right and that video of moment of surender is great - set ourselves on fire/ god do not deny part was massive - but i miss the long notes that he seemed to really showcase on the vertigo tour I guess i was just impressed by those

like remember how he would do that crazy last soooooooooooooooo loooog in angel of harem when they were doing it back in 05 and 06 i miss that

YouTube - U2 - Angel of harlem Live Honolulu 2006 - at 305 where is that kind of singing now

well yeah, that sounds great... I'm sure Bono could easily do that if he wanted to...he just does whatever he is feeling at one particular moment...but it doesn't really say anything about vocal ability then and now

Ok I thought they did a good job with bad tonight bono included and not to be unsatisfied but I think Bono sang it better here back on the 5th leg of the vertigo tour

YouTube - U2 Bad Live From Saitama Super Arena, Japan 12-04-2006 - at 4:53 those wide awakes were huge, enormous where was that sound tonight in Amsterdam - i am starting to think he lost something (perhaps gained other things) where was that power

Ok I thought they did a good job with bad tonight bono included and not to be unsatisfied but I think Bono sang it better here back on the 5th leg of the vertigo tour

YouTube - U2 Bad Live From Saitama Super Arena, Japan 12-04-2006 - at 4:53 those wide awakes were huge, enormous where was that sound tonight in Amsterdam - i am starting to think he lost something (perhaps gained other things) where was that power

yeah, that's one of the great performances of Bad in U2 history I think...but once again, you can't compare the first performance of Bad on 360 Tour to the best performance of Bad on Vertigo Tour (and one of the best ever)...it just doesn't mean that he has "lost something"...in this case, the comparison just doesn't make much sense :shrug:

He sounds good now, but I wonder about the 2nd leg, or the 3rd and 4th legs... if he'll still sound on fire like he does now? Makes me think of the Vertigo tour where he sounded great in the 1st leg, and was kind of weak 2/3 legs, and on the 4th he had recovered some...

He sounds good now, but I wonder about the 2nd leg, or the 3rd and 4th legs... if he'll still sound on fire like he does now? Makes me think of the Vertigo tour where he sounded great in the 1st leg, and was kind of weak 2/3 legs, and on the 4th he had recovered some...

hmmm...well, I'd say that won't happen this time since there's much more time in between gigs...I think it'll probably be more consistent this time around :)

He voice was definitly great on 2nd and 3rd leg of Vertigo tour.

at 4:53 those wide awakes were huge, enormous where was that sound tonight in Amsterdam - i am starting to think he lost something (perhaps gained other things) where was that power

Calm down, you're comparing end of tour clips to beginning of the tour clips, his voice usually grows during tours... don't overreact.

Bono sounded good from Beginning to end , thats something he didn't always have ate vertigo. I think its really good now.

yes I guess u cant compare as the tour just started but he has yet to wow me like so many of the vertigo tour recordings have although his voice is definitely sounding solid i wont deny that

Back
Top Bottom