Bono's new digs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I just got a book, The Sky's the Limit: Passion and Property in Manhatten. It's about the insanely high-priced real estate in Manhatten, and the insanely rich people who buy it. So far, it's an extremely dishy read (lots of bad behaviour by really famous people). Anyway, some of you will recall that Bono was rumoured to have bought a new place in New York from Apple founder Steve Jobs. Here's the story:

Speilberg's renovation was simple compared with the seven-year saga of Apple Computer founder Steve Job's complete refurbishment, including windows, of the north tower of the San Remo - an apartment he never lived in. Jobs bought the triplex from Jacob Rothschild, of the French banking family, along with unexecuted plans by Robert A.M. Stern, the dean of the Yale School of Architecture. But Jobs didn't care for Stern's ideas, so he hired world-renowned architect I. M. Pei for his only known apartment-renovation job. Over the next seven years the tower apartment and the neighbours endured a renovation said to have cost $15 million. The results are striking but not very pretty -- a study in grim, gray granite, with granite floors imported from Europe, and twelve-foot-tall nickel and bronze doors that weigh eight hundred pounds each but are so precisely balanced that they can be opened and shut with a fingertip. In the master bedroom, at the very top of the tower, there are six pivoting, single-pane windows that cost $80,000 each to fabricate. By the time the apartment was finished, Jobs had lost interest and he never moved in. It was uninhabited for a decade. In 2002 Jobs quietly put it on the market for $26.5 million, but with no takers interested in living in a granite quarry, he eventually dropped the price to $18 million, and sold it to Bono, the Irish rock star, who moved from the El Dorado just down the street.

Sounds pretty strange,and it's huge. Here's a link to a photo of the building. Bono occupies the top of the tower on the right.
http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=155595

:shocked: yeah that's freakin' huge.

all i can say is that...

bono is a housewhore. :|
but he's got the dough, so why not? :D

Meghan said:
That's 'B' to tha 'Ono'!

He lives everywhere.:wink:

:lmao: 'B' to tha 'Ono'!!!!!!!!! Yep...I've heard he's got houses in Ireland, New York, and the south of France. Anywhere else? Oh yeah he stays with me when he's in Seattle. That whole "Bono stayed with Bill Gates this past April" story was just a cover so my hubby wouldn't know. :wink:

And thx for the post...now I know where to stalk in October! :evil:

U2ElevatesMe415 said:
He has an apartment in NY?
:lol:
Wicked!

Wait..I thought he lived in Ireland?

He does, his family's home is in Dublin and his kids go to school there.

:eyebrow: Or does he own multiple pads like those rap celebrities :giggle:

Of course he does. He's got over $100 million bucks (this before the latest tour and album) so he can afford them. He's got a huge mansion in the south of France too.

:eyebrow: Alot of celebrities have multiple homes not just rappers:eyebrow: I heard they all have homes in France as well as LA and NY:ohmy: !!! I wonder how amazing that must be:eeklaugh:

Should we be posting the whereabouts of Bono's apartment? I think it unwise, myself.

Val said:
Should we be posting the whereabouts of Bono's apartment? I think it unwise, myself.

The information came from a recently released and widely-reviewed book, by a well-known author. It's hardly a secret.

I don't like the idea of bronze doors and granite floors.

I wonder what his place in the South of France looks like???

xtal said:

I wonder what his place in the South of France looks like???

It's been posted here many, many times, I'm sure someone can find a pic but I can't :grumpy:

Does it have inside descriptions?

I've seen the outside of his Dublin home and descriptions of the inside. And the New York home as well. I haven't seen pics of the Nice home or descriptions of the inside.

This is his beautiful house in Èze-sur-mer

CasadeBono-Eze-sur-merNice.jpg

CasadeBono-Eze-sur-merNice1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom