Bono's Dancing Girls - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sweetie said:
:lol: Maybe I'll bring repelling gear and hoist myself up!
I would be so high on adrenaline if I got picked I probably could just fly right up there on the stage next to Bono--I will reach out & give you a hand Sweetie. :wink:

5e24b24b.jpg

:D

pic courtsey of Isabelle Guns. apparently bono brought these girls onstage during "one", Vancouver 1:

one.JPG

there was also a "Mysterious Ways" girl last night... :applaud:

*Ally* said:
pic courtsey of Isabelle Guns. apparently bono brought these girls onstage during "one", Vancouver 1:

one.JPG

there was also a "Mysterious Ways" girl last night... :applaud:

:ohmy:

*Thinks of idea for t-shirt*

There were actually two 'Mysterious Ways' girls last night :yes:

Something happened/went wrong with the first one, so Bono picked out #2 who happily danced/skipped around the stage with him.

And besides the 'One' people (one of them was a guy) there was also another girl on stage. Bono took her on the catwalk behind the stage and then he sat her down (near Larry) while he sang. I can't actually remember what song it was :banghead:

It was such a great show last night - I'm going again tonight :)

I heard it was during Bad?

I also heard Bono was insistent on getting the girls he picked out which is why he brought up another (the one he wanted) MW girl#2 :yes:

So A LOT of fan interaction last night. The One girls and boy, a girl during Bad and 2 girls during MW. Any Plebans????
Hope so!

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
I heard it was during Bad?

I also heard Bono was insistent on getting the girls he picked out which is why he brought up another (the one he wanted) MW girl#2 :yes:

So A LOT of fan interaction last night. The One girls and boy, a girl during Bad and 2 girls during MW. Any Plebans????
Hope so!

a girl during 'bad"... :drool:

but i'm confused about what happened w/ the MW girl... did both girls get onstage at the same time? did they both stay up there?

sounds like an awesome show... :up:

Someone posted somewhere (can't remember where), during MW someone had a sign that read "Ditched the wheelchair, how about a dance?" A girl got brought up on stage. I guess she stood there, and tied her sweatshirt around her waist. Bono helped her with it then I think he asked her if that was her sign. She said it wasn't then he brought her back behind Larry's drumkit and she sat there. Then the next MW girl that Bono originally wanted got up on stage. :D I know...sounds a little fuzzy. Hopefully, someone can post clearer details of what happened soon!

Ally - tried PMing you but you can't receive them. Email me privately, allison_wong17@yahoo.com. :)

*Ally* said:

a girl during 'bad"... :drool:

but i'm confused about what happened w/ the MW girl... did both girls get onstage at the same time? did they both stay up there?

sounds like an awesome show... :up:

just emailed ya, Alli! :up:

thanks for the story... that does sound a bit odd. :huh: will be looking forward to seeing pics, though! :hyper:

u2bonogirl said:
:lol: I saw the security hoist a guy who had to be over 300 lbs at the second denver show because he passed out in GA.....
Security can handle the big girls :yes:

Big girls are best? :sexywink:

Hope for me yet. Not 300lbs. but I am using Bono as encouragement for my diet! It's like dangling the carrot in front of the horse. Dangle Bono in front of me... okay 10 more minutes on the treadmill. Sadly, I am 5'11" and probably too tall to get picked. :sad: But losing weight for summer is also a big plus.

Just wondering has Bono pulled up any girl who looks over the age of 22?

I have 3 GAs and I am taking my 5yr. daughter to Oakland in November (hubby too) she is too damned cute (I know I am biased), sure to get his attention, so maybe I can live vicariously through her? Pathetic but true.

people were pretty nice in GA where I was. Not that there werent any jerks, but for the most part there wasnt too much shoving.
There was a short girl behind me during the first show and I kept making sure she could see whenever Bono did anything "yummy" :laugh:

U2Girl1978 said:
:sigh: I'm concerned about GA. I'm only 5'1 and I'm really hoping noone shoves me out of the way.

I know - me too! I've been gathering oodles of GA advise from other threads and I have quite a list together. :lol:

As much as I would like to leave it all up to fate and just go with the flo, I know I'm gonna end up getting stuck behind the tall folks shoved into a corner unless I do some planning.

sweetie said:

:up: :laugh: Thats actually the best bit of advice I have heard yet!!!!

Just stating the obvious :D
And its exactly what I did :laugh:
Actually there was a girl that let me in on a piece of the railing because some rude lady came trying to barge through. She grabbed me and put me on the railing and said it was my spot. I was too much of a wuss to tell the rude lady to bugger off but it ended up getting me a spot up front

Oceane just posted this in the show review section which explains who all got to go on stage last night. I confused the MW Girls and Bad girl.....sorry :reject:

Here's a portion of her review...

Bono brought so many people on stage, it was almost getting out of control! We got extended versions of Bad, One and Mysterious Ways because of that, and it was just awesome. The first one was a girl from the front of the stage inside the ellipse during Bad. Bono got her up about midway through the song, and started walking with her around the ellipse. Then she said something to him, he gave her a big hug, and they walked back towards the stage, and he told her to sit next to Larry while he went back to the front to sing the rest of the song. Then at the end he went back to get her, kissed her and led her back to her spot. The song was supposed to end at that point, and it was a bit confusing, but then the band got back into the song again and Bono was jumping up and down and the crowd was going WILD. Oh my God that was so intense…

Then during One, Bono talked about Paul Martin (who was booed by the crowd…), and instead of doing the text messaging thing, Paul Martin’s phone number was on the screen, and Bono was telling us to call our Prime Minister to ask that Canada raises levels of foreign aid to 0.7%. The only thing is that the number was wrong! Wrong area code… but later in the show they put the number back on the screen with the right area code. That was funny… Then the people with the One shirts in the ellipse were showing their shirts to Bono. He got sort of distracted from the song, because he wanted to understand what they were trying to show him. When he realized what this was for, he made signs to get a t-shirt. Someone threw a t-shirt at him, but then he was telling people in the crowd with the t-shirts to get on stage with him! First a boy came up, and then 3 or 4 girls, and then another guy. They were all there on stage with their One t-shirts around Bono (who was also wearing one), during a very extended Edge solo at the end, and Bono was going off: “This audience, this generation has had enough! Enough of the despair! Tell Paul Martin!” and everyone was cheering. Wow. That was so umbelievable. I was SO happy for the people who organized this One T-shirt thing. This was probably beyond their wildest dreams.

Then during Zoo Station, someone outside the ellipse had a HUGE sign that said “I just ditched my weelchair, will you dance with me?” Bono read it carefully, and kept on going with the song. Toward the end of Mysterious Ways, him and Adam were on the ellipse at the front, dancing and playing with each other (which was awesome). Then Bono looked for the sign, and was asking the crowd who was the person who wanted to dance with him. There was a bit of confusion, and a girl got on stage. I can’t say for sure whether it was the right person, but I guess it was. She looked kind of freaked out and didn’t move much. Bono huged her, and put her clothes back on (it was sort of falling off…) and they were sort of slow dancing. Then Bono moved away and was like, “So, do you want to dance or what?”, and the girl was shaking her head, she looked kind of shy and freaked out. So she got back to her spot, then a SECOND girl got on stage, and seemed much more willing to dance. She started dancing with Bono, and was having a good time. Then Bono took her hand and they started running around the ellipse together. That was great! Then he kissed her, they huged and she went back to her spot. Once again a VERY long ending for Mysterious Ways. All that happened during the Edge’s solo at the end, so he had to extend it for several minutes. Man, this was like Live Aid all over again!

Great review Oceane!

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
Someone posted somewhere (can't remember where), during MW someone had a sign that read "Ditched the wheelchair, how about a dance?" A girl got brought up on stage. I guess she stood there, and tied her sweatshirt around her waist. Bono helped her with it then I think he asked her if that was her sign. She said it wasn't then he brought her back behind Larry's drumkit and she sat there. Then the next MW girl that Bono originally wanted got up on stage. :D I know...sounds a little fuzzy. Hopefully, someone can post clearer details of what happened soon!

Ally - tried PMing you but you can't receive them. Email me privately, allison_wong17@yahoo.com. :)

OMG! What a show...!!!!!!! It just gets better and better. Thank you SO much for sharing that...

thats awesome!
That poor first MW girl :(
So is this running around the ellipse thing getting to be a trend? :sexywink:
this might be a dumb question, but did he do that with any of the other girls before Denver? Because when I was taking him with me around the catwalk I hadnt heard of him doing it with anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom