Bono's Dancing Girls - Were you one of the chosen? Wish you were? Post Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, here is MattfromNYC's original post (in the closed thread):

"I've noticed that it always seems like he looks around purposely for those model-types, or who look a lot like his wife ali... instead of those who just would really like to be up there with him.

for those of you who have been to a lot of u2 shows and been up close enough, have you noticed that this is the case? or is there a certain pattern to his choosing people or a certain type or only those very attractive people? i'd hate to know that he'd reject someone who maybe was not by soceities standards "attractive".
he doesnt cross me as the type who'd single out like that.

and, kind of off-topic of that, does he ever bring guys up? not for the sexy "Mysterious ways" parts and such, but for other things."

ok, well, it may be "diverse" in types.. but (this is gonna sound asinine from me) would he lets say.. bring up a lady who might be a overweight and overall not look very attractive (not saying overweight people cant be... everyone is beautiful, and i find any woman with a beautiful soul and a beautiful soul that shines through their smile beautiful..).

just from what ive seen over the years, its been, by societie's standards.. very attractive, thin, women... could be of any race... and i havent yet seen or heard of a woman who lets say, isnt very physically, by the norm, attractive, or fat, or whatever, for his serenading. yes, he might bring up peopl;e doing goofy things, like the woman with the mohawk/macphisto/fly thing going.. because hey, that was very cool and would arise some crazy spontaneous stuff. but i meant for the other type of things.
like when he brings someone up to serenade during "with or without you" or "love is blindness", etc.

when i was at their shows, i was lucky twice, to get near the front, and notice he seemed to just look around for people, and each time it was this very modelly, pretty young girl.... meanwhile, there'd be a girl right next to her, who was very into the show, not going crazy, but very into it and making a neat connection with bono, but she wasnt as pretty as the other girl who he later brought up.

*Ally* said:
i dunno... i guess perhaps that could be true. all the women i've seen him bring onstage have been attractive in very different ways. who knows? :huh: i mean, men love beautiful women.... it's a fact of life. :|

if you're interested in seeing a lot of pics of girls he brought up on popmart, take a look at this webpage:
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/3827/MIAMI.HTM

the link doesnt work. :(

MattFromNYC said:

the link doesnt work. :(

weird, it works for me...

ok, try this: go to the post where i initially posted the link. it seems to have replaced part of the address with "..."- so press "quote" as if you are going to reply to my initial post. when you do that, the ENTIRE address should come up in the "quoted" portion of the message. then you could cut-and-past the entire address into a new window...

hope it works for you!

*Ally* said:

weird, it works for me...

ok, try this: go to the post where i initially posted the link. it seems to have replaced part of the address with "..."- so press "quote" as if you are going to reply to my initial post. when you do that, the ENTIRE address should come up in the "quoted" portion of the message. then you could cut-and-past the entire address into a new window...

hope it works for you!

it works now!!! very cool pics!!!

I've penciled myself in for the St. Louis show:wink:

As fun as it would be to get up on stage - I'm just going to the shows to see a great band -meet some cool u2 fans - maybe have an adult beverage or two (Guinness of couse) - sing way too loud and lose my voice for a couple of days. Everything else (like Edge getting a hangnail and desperately requiring a nurse to help him out:wink: )is just extra

starsgoblue said:

Right click on the link, select 'save target as', and then pick where you want it saved and viola!

Thanks babe! Worked fine. :up:

I'm of the "older generation" and computers piss me off. Course this also means that while my hair is currently Ali-like, I ain't gonna be pulled up anytime soon! :shrug:

:wink:

Come on now! I've seen blondes, brunettes, fauxhawks, even women with bright pink hair being taken up! I'm betting Bono is attracted to women that exude confidence and thier own unique beauty.

(pencils herself in for Chicago....and prays fervently)

starsgoblue said:
Come on now! I've seen blondes, brunettes, fauxhawks, even women with bright pink hair being taken up! I'm betting Bono is attracted to women that exude confidence and thier own unique beauty.

I agree with stars... :wink:

starsgoblue said:

:up: :yes: agreed, stars!

i don't even hope to get pulled up, since i know it will never happen- how could 2 best friends possibly get pulled up on the same tour?? never in a million years. BUT i do wish all of you the best of luck, and will be crossing my fingers!!! :hyper:

*Ally* said:

:up: :yes: agreed, stars!

i don't even hope to get pulled up, since i know it will never happen- how could 2 best friends possibly get pulled up on the same tour?? never in a million years. BUT i do wish all of you the best of luck, and will be crossing my fingers!!! :hyper:

Well, about the same as someone getting pulled up two or more times.... stranger things have happened Ally... :wink:

Here's hoping we all get a special moment. :hyper:

Miroslava said:

Well, about the same as someone getting pulled up two or more times.... stranger things have happened Ally... :wink:

Here's hoping we all get a special moment. :hyper:

awww, thanks, miro! that's very sweet of you. :hug:

i do hope that everyone has a BLAST, and that more Plebans have fantastic experiences! i love everyone's stories of meeting the band, having a special concert moment, and getting onstage, etc... :cute: keeping my fingers crossed that more and more keep coming!

speaking of which, i hope tara posts her video soon... :up:

Have these been posted already?

From uuu222's webshots album.

4pxj6w

4pxj6e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom