Bono voice highligt 360 campign!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why "should" it sound like that? imo its better when it sounds a little different night after night.

Well why should a car engine sound clean and when you drive and not have an uneven sound when you drive? Because if it has an uneven sound it dosnt sound good and it also might destroy the whole engine :) Its the same thing with the UV performence, on the first night of Zagreb he sounds very hoarse and have problems singing correctly. Well its not good to sing if your voice isnt in good shape, it is more important to rest the voice and heal it then. Just as important it is to fix the engine if you have problems with it.

His voice sounded a little dry, but he wasn't straining anything so he's not going to hurt himself. A slight exageration by Peterrr...

His voice is tired, but not in all songs. What I meant by that clip I posted Peter was not Bono sounding amazing, but not sounding hoarse either. My point is, on some songs, yes he sounds tired, on others he is fine. I guess it depends what type of vocal the song requires.

If you look back at the other tours, Bono's voice always get a bit tired on the first leg and then on the later ones he gets better so I wouldn't say it's unusual.

Also this is why I wasn't 'in' on all the hype you were saying about Bono's voice at the start, because while it was pretty reasonable this is just typical Bono voice - it basically was inevitable he would tire his voice out. But this doesn't bother me so much anymore because we can't expect him to just 'fix' his voice any more than you can stop him from ageing.

If you are hoarse it can be because of a cold... And if you have a cold you should rest your voice.

Well if one has a cold they should rest everything, period.

But that's beside the point, the point I was saying is that nothing he was doing in that song is going to effect him 2 or 3 days later...

Peter....not sure what performance of One you're listening to, but the one from Zagreb I was pretty special, and basically better than most Vertigo Tour performance....and the Unchained Melody snippet was well done as well. :yes:

^ Yes, it was. :yes:

Bono's voice sounded fine in Zagreb. Towards the end of the second concert it seemed a bit exhausted, you could hear that when he was speaking, but his singing was overall fine.

I listened to the Dublin 3 bootleg the other day and it's amazing how Bono always seems to recover vocally during a show. He sounded very hoarse and raspy in the beginning, but got better as the show went on.

Maybe there's a cold or something going through U2 - Bono might have had it first and given it to Edge and Adam.

its probably just a case of pig/bird flu making the rounds.

we are all going to get it sooner or later, you see, we are all going to get it and we are all going to fucking die. And when i say die, i say we die from the inside out. Its fucking brutal and there is no drug that can make us happy its just DIE DIE DIE motherfucker KILL KILL KILL

BLEED till your blood is ashes and the wind blows you away into the valley of sulphur where the ghosts are weeping

the earth is dead and we are its undertaker

I agree. Bono was pretty on form last night. You can hear when he is struggling or straining but whats the prob. with that? thats rock'n'roll. The thing with Bono and this band is that if things go wrong or dont quite work then they just try harder and get results in the end. Special moments come out of that.
Anyhoo....back to the subject of the thread.....Bono's Vocal in NLOTH last night was immense. He nailed it with real passion. I think he really enjoys singing the newer songs. And who wouldnt?

I also feel that Bono is very much into the news songs. I think Moment of Surrender, a song that seems to take a lot out of him, especially as last song of the set, is improving from time to time.

I'm glad that Bono still seems to like NLOTH (the whole album) - I certainly love it. :drool:

In that performance of Ultraviolet from milan, someone in the crowd harmonizes with Bono during the "there is a silence..." part and it sounds beautiful. Edge should definitely start doing that.

YouTube - U2 Your Blue Room Rehearsal Chicago September 10, 2009

Ok, Im very confused here. Is it realy Bono singing the falsetto?
Bonos voice on 360 is one of his best in vocals performences. And we all know that his falsetto is in great shape this tour. But this strong? This is crazy...
If someone had play this for me before the tour I just had thougth it was an rehearsal back in 1995.
With this falsetto he can sing Lemon without problems.

Also the thing he does in 2:44 sounds like his voice on the Zooropa album, "these are the days"-soundish (Lemon).

OMG!!! :hyper:

If Bono really is singing that (god I hope there is no backing track like the Crumbs fiasco) then he really needs to whip out some more falsetto tunes this tour, because my god, that sounds so, so good!! :drool:

OMG!!! :hyper:

If Bono really is singing that (god I hope there is no backing track like the Crumbs fiasco)

Well, you can tell it's not the album backing track, that's pretty obvious.

But it's hard to tell, there are moments where it doesn't sound like Bono's tone. Yet it's definately not The Edge either...

We'll see :shrug:

Well, you can tell it's not the album backing track, that's pretty obvious.

But it's hard to tell, there are moments where it doesn't sound like Bono's tone. Yet it's definately not The Edge either...

We'll see :shrug:

lol, well if it's "definitely not The Edge," then it's definitely Bono...there's no other option, is there? I listened to it a couple times last night and I'd say it's Bono for sure.

YouTube - U2 Your Blue Room Rehearsal Chicago September 10, 2009

Ok, Im very confused here. Is it realy Bono singing the falsetto?
Bonos voice on 360 is one of his best in vocals performences. And we all know that his falsetto is in great shape this tour. But this strong? This is crazy...
If someone had play this for me before the tour I just had thougth it was an rehearsal back in 1995.
With this falsetto he can sing Lemon without problems.

Also the thing he does in 2:44 sounds like his voice on the Zooropa album, "these are the days"-soundish (Lemon).
It sounds f**king GREAT!!! :drool::drool:

Back
Top Bottom